Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Frank Francisco suffers setback in rehab from elbow injury

http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/12/me...ck/?xid=si_mlb
    After appearing to be making his way back to the big leagues, New York Mets closer Frank Francisco suffered a setback in his rehabilitation from an elbow injury, according to ESPN.com’s Adam Rubin.

The 33-year-old right-hander, who underwent offseason surgery to remove bone spurs from his pitching elbow, is once again experiencing inflammation in the same elbow, which he also felt during spring training.

Francisco planned to go to Binghamton to pitch in Double-A this weekend, but instead skipped his bullpen session on Saturday and will see a doctor this week, Mets manager Terry Collins said.

From the report:

“They thought he was making progress, ready to go to Binghamton, and he didn’t feel very good so we thought he should see the doctor again. That’s what we’re going to do,” Collins said Sunday before the Mets faced the Pirates. “Now, what the leads to, I have no idea, but we did not have any date etched in stone that we knew he was coming. It’s one of those things when you have a guy on the disabled list, you wait until he tells you he’s ready to pitch.”

Francisco’s 30-day rehab window is set to expire Thursday, and he already had pitched five scoreless innings for the Class A St. Lucie Mets. Francisco last pitched May 8 and had even pitched on back-to-back days.
    Francisco is in the second year of a two-year, $12-million deal that he signed before last season. He saved 23 games in 26 opportunities in 2012, posting a 5.53 ERA and 1.61. WHIP.

In his absence, the Mets have relied on seven-year veteran Bobby Parnell, who has saved three games in five opportunities while posting a 1.20 ERA. Parnell allowed the winning run to score in the eighth inning of Sunday’s 3-2 loss to the Pirates.

vCash
    Another bad signing for the NY Mets. I'm glad Marcum is on a one year deal.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    No big deal.

He's isn't any better than what we already have.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I have a funny feeling that Niese is injured too. He's had two bad starts in a row and he's not pitching well this year.

vCash
    **** this bum.

vCash
    It doesn't really matter since he can't play any of the outfield positions.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 4m
    Assistant GM John Ricco said Frank Francisco actually has mild strain of flexor pronator. Rest 72 hours and then throw if can.