Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Technology in the NFL

I have been BSing with friends here in Jacksonville about the Jaguars and Gabbert. I jokingly said google should pay gabbert to wear google glass on the field and live stream it to prove to everyone that his eyes see poor decisions and he reacts to them.

That spawned this thread. What tech could be implemented to make the NFL have a more personal feel in viewing.

vCash
    Super small mini cameras in player helmets that doesn't effect them in any way. Would LOVE to see some of those POVs during the game.

vCash
    They have a couple of dozen cameras at each game. They could use a couple of dozen more to do an iso on each player and official on each play.

They could have made huge advancements in player safety with new equipment instead of choosing to simply look like they cared while making ridiculous new rules.

A forward thinking league office would work to electrify the ball, field and players to greatly reduce the officiating calls, eliminating most blown calls and making it much harder for officials to cheat.

I don't know about helmet videos as it applies to decision making. That stuff is more about how a player feels than what he sees. It would be cute to watch the way players hide from the QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    I have been BSing with friends here in Jacksonville about the Jaguars and Gabbert. I jokingly said google should pay gabbert to wear google glass on the field and live stream it to prove to everyone that his eyes see poor decisions and he reacts to them.

That spawned this thread. What tech could be implemented to make the NFL have a more personal feel in viewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by statyat View Post
    I don't know about helmet videos as it applies to decision making. That stuff is more about how a player feels than what he sees. It would be cute to watch the way players hide from the QB.
    Can't get more personal than that. I'm not talking about decision making, I'm talking entertainment.

vCash
    In my view, having too much access to players and how they talk on the sidelines and during halftime can and will reach the point of over-saturation. Everything they do or say now is over analyzed.

I would like to see a couple more sideline, end zone and goalpost cams. That is about it.

I would like to see them eliminate the "miked up" requirement. There is very little if anything spontaneous. They are playing to the camera virtually 100% of the time when miked up.

vCash
    Would be REALLY cool to see a live feed from the QB's point of view, like Google Glass in the visor of a helmet or something

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Jetpacks.
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

vCash
    I don't think you guys know how Google Glass works.

As for cameras on helmets, it can be done. I wouldn't be shocked if we see cameras adhered to the outside of a helmet for some shots in the near future (within a decade). A small camera on the crown would record the QBs view and give you a good idea of what they see when dissecting a play.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I don't think you guys know how Google Glass works.

As for cameras on helmets, it can be done. I wouldn't be shocked if we see cameras adhered to the outside of a helmet for some shots in the near future (within a decade). A small camera on the crown would record the QBs view and give you a good idea of what they see when dissecting a play.
    Right on the forehead of the helmet would be the ideal spot. It's entirely doable too with the advances in technology. Just thinking about all of the possibilities with all of the positions is insane! Man, it has too much potential to not happen

vCash
    They should strap a camera to Tebow's head so we can all see from a first person perspective what it's like to be unemployed.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    I don't understand the desire for helmet cams. Anytime I have watched any cam attached to a helmet or moving person the jumbled nature of the result is awful.

Just because the tech allows something to happen doesn't mean it should happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Super small mini cameras in player helmets that doesn't effect them in any way. Would LOVE to see some of those POVs during the game.
    This. If they can put little cameras on the rooftops of NASCAR cars, they can sneak one into a helmet. Then have a CG of a facemask to give it that "goggle view" that is being discussed.

Plus... I feel like guys will be better protected from the electrical current needed for a camera when it is buried in the helmet, and not around their eyes!

"I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I don't understand the desire for helmet cams. Anytime I have watched any cam attached to a helmet or moving person the jumbled nature of the result is awful.

Just because the tech allows something to happen doesn't mean it should happen.
    I hear what you are saying... there would have to be some software that could do a form of bounce-counter by shifting the screen in an equal-and-opposite direction. That or just put the camera in the QB's helmet. It is already wired for the communications, and a QB's POV would typically be the steadiest.

"I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    I think it'd be cool to see the refs have a camera on themselves. This way, when the announcers say, "What was that ref looking at?" we can clearly see what he was actually looking at to make him make the call.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    In my view, having too much access to players and how they talk on the sidelines and during halftime can and will reach the point of over-saturation. Everything they do or say now is over analyzed.

I would like to see a couple more sideline, end zone and goalpost cams. That is about it.

I would like to see them eliminate the "miked up" requirement. There is very little if anything spontaneous. They are playing to the camera virtually 100% of the time when miked up.
    I too was a little concerned about the possibility of having cameras on every player, but since you mentioned the "miked up" rules, I think they should put Cameras on the players with the mic. I don't remember how many players are required to have a mic, but if they're already on mic and probably going to catch hell for anything they say, then adding a camera won't do anything to unnecessarily hurt public image.

vCash
    I would love for them to have cameras on each player's helmet just a really small one and when they make a play just show the replay from their perspective.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast