Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sixers Hire Sam Hinkie as GM

Philadelphia has reached agreement with Houston assistant GM Sam Hinkie to be the 76ers new GM, league source tells Y! Sports.

Per Woj

vCash
    I like where this is going already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Love it. Nice acquisition.

vCash
    Wow. Just caught this too. This is actually ... kinda bold???
    76ers - Eagles - Flyers - Phillies
    Union

vCash

Dont know the name, but i like it anyway. Lol

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Analytics. ANALYTICS.
    Union

vCash
    This hire says a lot of great things about Joshua Harris and how he envisions our organization being run.I really can't say enough good things about what this means for the organization.
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

Hopefully this guy had nothing to do with signing lin.... But had a lot to do with acquiring assets and james harden. Lol

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I am intrigued by this. I think it gets me excited lol. Something tells me with this move you can say bye bye to Bynum if he wants a big deal.
    [CENTER][[CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Hopefully this guy had nothing to do with signing lin.... But had a lot to do with acquiring assets and james harden. Lol
    Well that was mostly Morey, but Hinkie worked close with him. Guys who understand the value of youth/assets.
    Union

vCash
    Not a name I would know off the top of my head but I truly love the move or what should be the thought and direction of the franchise behind this move.

vCash
    Plus, Zach Lowe loves him. Come on!
    Union

vCash
    If I didn't think the team would consider drafting foreign prospects before, that's completely out the window now.
    Union

vCash
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--76...195526467.html

The Philadelphia 76ers have hired Houston Rockets executive Sam Hinkie to be the franchise's new general manager, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Hinkie will replace Tony DiLeo with the 76ers and assume full control of basketball operations.
    Hinkie, who had been the Rockets' vice president of basketball operations since 2010, met with 76ers officials a year about the job, but the team ultimately promoted DiLeo to the GM role.
    Philadelphia president Rod Thorn is retiring this spring and assuming a consultant's role with the organization. Doug Collins resigned as coach at season's end.

Hinkie has had a major influence in reshaping the Rockets franchise, bringing an analytics background to the organization's strong run of draft picks, trades and free-agent signings. Houston GM Daryl Morey finished third in the voting among his peers for Executive of the Year.
    Hinkie will spearhead the organization's search for a new head coach. The 76ers have several significant decisions to make this offseason, including how to approach the pending free agency of center Andrew Bynum.
    Hmmm, I wonder what changed from last year to this year?
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Now it's like I want to fast forward the next couple of months to see where he takes this team....

Could Thad actually be traded to get future assets now? Is Bynum officially gone? ect ect.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast