Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Atlanta Braves (20-13) @ San Francisco Giants (20-14) 5/9-5/12

@

Atlanta Braves @San Francisco Giants

Thursday, 5/9 10:15 PM

Julio Teheran, RHP (1-0, 5.08 ERA) vs Ryan Vogelsong, RHP (1-2, 7.20 ERA)

Teheran, whose last scheduled start was rained out, has allowed a combined three earned runs in his last two outings -- this after allowing 13 earned runs in his first three. He has 20 strikeouts in 28 1/3 innings.

Vogelsong, in a rough stretch, said every pitch is a battle. In his last outing, he tossed 4 2/3 innings and allowed nine hits, seven runs and two walks with four strikeouts. He has yet to find anything resembling his top form.
    Friday, 5/10 10:15 PM

Tim Hudson, RHP (4-1, 3.83 ERA) vs Matt Cain, RHP (1-2, 5.57 ERA)

Hudson is 2-0 in his last three starts, pitching to a 3.10 ERA. He has allowed more than three runs once all season, at Pittsburgh, which pushed his road ERA to 5.29.

If only Cain could always pitch against the Dodgers. He notched his first victory May 5, against Los Angeles. He's been fine physically and just needs to make better pitches. It's an important start to see if the ace is back for good.

Saturday, 5/11 4:05 PM

Paul Maholm, LHP (4-3, 3.09 ERA) vs Madison Bumgarner, LHP (3-1, 2.31 ERA)

Maholm won at Cincinnati in his last start, allowing two runs in 5 2/3 innings. He has allowed three earned runs or fewer in six of seven starts this season and has 38 strikeouts in 43 2/3 innings.

Bumgarner is coming off his least effective start of the season. He gave up season highs of five runs and eight hits after allowing seven runs in his first six starts combined. He also threw a couple of costly wild pitches.

Sunday, 5/12 4:05 PM

Kris Medlen, RHP (1-4, 3.25 ERA) vs Tim Lincecum, RHP (2-2, 4.75 ERA)

Medlen pitched well in his last start, allowing two runs on four hits against the Reds. He walked two and struck out six, but a blown save by Craig Kimbrel cost him the win. Still, Medlen said it was the best he's felt all season.

Lincecum has averaged 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings. But because he has pitched as many as seven innings just twice, he hasn't added to his franchise-record 32 games in which he has recorded 10 or more strikeouts.

vCash
    This has the makings of a very boring and uneventful series. Clearly nothing between these two teams/fanbases....

I don't even think I need to be in here for this series to be active...

vCash
    Pretty unfortunate travel schedule... AGAIN!

vCash
    Tough series, if we can score 4 runs every game we win 3 out of 4.

vCash
    Hope to see Teheran continue his success from last 2 games...

vCash
    I'll be happy with 3 out of 4...

vCash
    Rly interested in this series. no idea how we matchup eith these guys. we r on a roll tho. We should of swept cinci. lets come out strong tonight.

vCash
    Great park

7-4
    0-6
    1-4
    1-2
    .................................................. ..................................

vCash
    Walker said they have patterned the changes off video of Uggla’s 2006 season with the Marlins when he hit .282 with 26 doubles, seven triples, 27 home runs and 90 RBIs.

He stands more upright and brings his hands down lower in front of his back shoulder as he starts his swing.
    “He’s not cutting himself off with his front side,” Walker said. “He’s seeing the ball better. He’s swinging from a better hand slot. It’s fairly subtle, but there’s a lot of difference. And it’s natural to him.”

Uggla has been taking balls to the opposite field, including both of his triples, another sign of his progress.

“It’s taken him a couple weeks to get the feel for it during game speed, but we’ve seen him trending up for a while now,” Walker said. “The ball coming off his bat in batting practice is better trajectory, especially to center and to right. In the past it was more of a carving rather than a driven trajectory. And now he’s hitting home runs in batting practice to right field pretty regularly. He’s starting to hit breaking balls, something he’d gotten away from.”
    ajc

I'm always interested when I read about Walker working with our guys and what they do to change it up. Always fascinated with how any little thing can make all the difference.

vCash
    Glad Uggs is heating up. He gets too much criticism as far as I'm concerned.

I was not aware that the SF starters were not doing as well as they usually do. I expected Vogelsong to fall enough and don't think Lincecum would ever regain his top form, but Cain is surprising. Still should get a ton of Ks against the Braves' lineup.

I see a split. The Braves take the bookend games, and Giants win the middle two.

vCash
    I'd be happy to split really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    ajc

I'm always interested when I read about Walker working with our guys and what they do to change it up. Always fascinated with how any little thing can make all the difference.
    Glad to see that. We'll need more from the guys at the bottom of the order since it looks like Simba might stay up top.

vCash
    They are scuffling, it is a must win 3 out of 4.

vCash
    David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves 2h
    #Braves lineup:
    Schafer rf,
    Simmons ss,
    JUpton lf,
    Freeman 1b,
    Uggla 2b,
    McCann c,
    Upton cf,
    Francisco 3b
    Teheran p
    ajc

vCash
    Nats have gotten hot all of a sudden, Interested to see Teheran work with Mac.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast