Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Greatest Buccaneer of All Time?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Derrick Brooks

11 64.71%
  • Warren Sapp

4 23.53%
  • Ronde Barber

0 0%
  • Lee Roy Selmon

2 11.76%
  • Mike Alstott

0 0%
  • Warrick Dunn

0 0%
  • John Lynch

0 0%
  • James Wilder

0 0%
  • Hardy Nickerson

0 0%
  • Simeon Rice

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Greatest Buccaneer Of All Time?

Who is the greatest Buccaneer of All-Time? If you can't decide that's fine but try and pick the #1 player in franchise history in your opinion as best you can. Support your choice.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Have to go with the first ever Buc in the hall with this one in Lee Roy Selmon, but also because its really hard to pick a favorite from the 2002 championship team but my top 5 would be....

Lee Roy
    Brooks
    Allstott
    Sapp
    Barber

vCash
    Derrick Brooks has my vote. He revolutionized the weakside linebacker position and was the heart and soul of one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history.

His resume:

• 11× Pro Bowl
    • 9× All-Pro
    • Super Bowl champion (XXXVII)
    • Walter Payton Man of the Year Award (2000)
    • AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2002)
    • NFL Alumni Linebacker of the Year (2002)
    • Pro Bowl MVP (2005)
    • NFL 2000s All-Decade Team

That's a first ballot hall of famer in my book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Derrick Brooks has my vote. He revolutionized the weakside linebacker position and was the heart and soul of one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history.

His resume:

• 11× Pro Bowl
    • 9× All-Pro
    • Super Bowl champion (XXXVII)
    • Walter Payton Man of the Year Award (2000)
    • AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2002)
    • NFL Alumni Linebacker of the Year (2002)
    • Pro Bowl MVP (2005)
    • NFL 2000s All-Decade Team

That's a first ballot hall of famer in my book.
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe it was just before my time but I look at what Lee Roy did and match it up to what a guy like Simeon Rice did and it just doesn't seem super duper impressive to me. HOF I get, and I understand why old timers may vote for him here but not I.

D. Brooks in my book is the best LB of all time, Im biased. Un-biased Id say 2nd behind Lewis...Lewis bested him in almost every statistical category.

#55 is that dude though, he's the most impressive football player Ive ever seen. He's probably the biggest reason Im a Buc fan today.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Why is Vinny Testaverde not an option? Or even Michael Clayton. Pointless thread. I vote Haynesworth.
    Last edited by bucsfan25; 05-09-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe it was just before my time but I look at what Lee Roy did and match it up to what a guy like Simeon Rice did and it just doesn't seem super duper impressive to me. HOF I get, and I understand why old timers may vote for him here but not I.

D. Brooks in my book is the best LB of all time, Im biased. Un-biased Id say 2nd behind Lewis...Lewis bested him in almost every statistical category.

#55 is that dude though, he's the most impressive football player Ive ever seen. He's probably the biggest reason Im a Buc fan today.
    Woooo don't deminish Leroy Selmons play, Rice had tons of help all over the field, what Leroy did being the best player on the team was unheard of... It's been said if Leroy played with yhat superbowl team he'd be considered the great DE in NFL history! Brooks I love the guy but he's not the best to do it in the LB position, ill put him over Barber but Barber is the G.O.A.T. of the nickle position, as far as Sapp the 3 technique was created from his play enough said there!

My choice in order: Selmon-Sapp-Brooks-Barber!
    Last edited by Capital T; 05-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    True about Selmon, I mean he had 78.5 sacks in 9 years which isnt too crazy but the team was bad. Guys who are great can stand out even more on a poor team however. To stand out on a team with great players says something as well. Guys like Barber, Sapp, and Brooks all revolutionized their positions. That could be said about the coaching/scheme but these guys set a precedent for a position in the NFL. It’s hard to say who the best out of those 3 are but I think i have to give the nod to Brooks b/c we always had a decent DL with Sapp. My favorite would be Alstott but thats not what we’re voting for here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucsfan25 View Post
    Why is Vinny Testaverde not an option? Or even Michael Clayton. Pointless thread. I vote Haynesworth.
    Na dude it's Juran Bolden.

On the real my fav player of all time is Ronde, but the best Buc of all time is Brooks.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    ^^^ Barber my fav 2 but Selmon was the greatest mofo to put on the uni bru, i can't even put brooks above sapp he's next in line!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    True about Selmon, I mean he had 78.5 sacks in 9 years which isnt too crazy but the team was bad. Guys who are great can stand out even more on a poor team however. To stand out on a team with great players says something as well. Guys like Barber, Sapp, and Brooks all revolutionized their positions. That could be said about the coaching/scheme but these guys set a precedent for a position in the NFL. It’s hard to say who the best out of those 3 are but I think i have to give the nod to Brooks b/c we always had a decent DL with Sapp. My favorite would be Alstott but thats not what we’re voting for here.
    that's backward brother to stand out on a poor team is awesome a good team create opportunities for that good player to stand out not saying Brooks wasn't great but with all that help how can I do not stand out that whole damn D stood out including the guys weren't awesome

vCash
    1. Brooks
    2. Selmon
    3. Barber
    4. Sapp
    5. Lynch/Alstott

Honorable mentions: H. Nickerson, S. Rice, P. Gruber, J. Wilder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital T View Post
    ^^^ Barber my fav 2 but Selmon was the greatest mofo to put on the uni bru, i can't even put brooks above sapp he's next in line!
    I think Brooks is on another level. Those guys are HOFers...Brooks is super elite even among HOFers...one of the top 3 LBs of all-time, hands down.

Brooks>>>>Barber>Sapp

We Want Winston

vCash
    ^^^ we can argue this for ever because we have differents of opinions, but I'M RIGHT DAMNIT lol...

vCash
    ^^^ we can argue this for ever because we have differents of opinions, but I'M RIGHT DAMNIT lol...
    Poll has final say...Brooks has twice as many votes as Sapp and Selmon combined...4x as much as either of them by themselves.

We Want Winston

vCash
    that's backward brother to stand out on a poor team is awesome a good team create opportunities for that good player to stand out not saying Brooks wasn't great but with all that help how can I do not stand out that whole damn D stood out including the guys weren't awesome
    I agree to an extent...Yea the guys around him were good but we never really had great LBs. He made the LBs good bc of what he brought to the table. First undersized speedy LB to make a name for himself and did so for years. These guys(Brooks, Sapp, Lynch, Barber) made those guys better because of how good they were (and the tampa 2 was a newer concept so teams took a while to figure it out). Selmon was a good DE but i dont think he was as good as Brooks was as a LB. Until him no one rally cared about the Will LB... that’s saying something...

Some food for thought..here are the other starters from our SB team(other than Sapp, Barber, Lynch, Brooks):

Greg Spires
    Chartric Darby
    Simeon Rice
    Shelton Quarles
    Dwight Smith
    Brian Kelly
    Dexter Jackson

Out of these guys Rice was good but had his greatest production with the Bucs and then went on to total 1 career sack after he left. My point is that these guys were so good we could plug in whoever and they would become better.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast