Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who will be the next Brooklyn Nets coach?

All info about the Nets coaching situation should go in here.

Seems to be that JVG is a top option, as well as Phil Jackson.

vCash
    I think we either need an older coach who knows how to win and knows what he is doing (JVG or Doc). Or we need a young coach who can bring energy and intensity to the team (Shaw or Smart)

If I had to guess my top 5 would be

1. JVG
    2. Doc Rivers
    3. Brian Shaw
    4. Shaka Smart/Billy Donovan/Rick Pitino
    5. Byron Scott/Jerry Sloan

Top 4 who I in NO circumstances want any part of:
    1. SVG
    2. Larry Brown
    3. Vinny Del Negro (if he gets fired by the Clippers)
    4. Nate McMillan

vCash
    technically larry brown or phil jackson are the best coaches out there right now but i dun think the nets will get either of em

vCash
    Has anyone suggested Patrick Ewing?

I am all for an established coach with this team...but it seems he could command respect being a former star player. He has paid his coaching dues. Does deserve a chance to crack the managerial rotation. He'd have a playoff team off the bat. Plus as an added bonus, since Prokhorov is happy when ever he gets the opportunity to tick off the other NY team...Ewing's hire would royally piss off the Knicks and their fans.

just a thought.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 05-09-2013 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    Interesting...never thought about it but guess it would be good to give him a look. Maybe he could teach Lopez a couple strong post moves, like maybe a drop step.

vCash
    I don't think Ewing is the right direction for a team like this. We want a more experienced coach....

vCash
    Shaw was the only inexperienced coach I was considering, but Ewing is a very interesting choice for sure!

I prefer someone with experience, but Ewing would have a lot of reason to come here and it would be a big name, front page of all the New York Papers splash kind of move, no doubt.

vCash
    The more I read about Brian Shaw the more I want him. Paul George and Lance Stephenson both giving him the bulk of the credit for taking them to the next level. IF he can do that with Marshon, Toko, Bogdan,and Lopez we will be in great shape.

vCash
    we need van gundy

vCash
    i suggest Larry brown....defense wins championships.

vCash
    Looks like we are going to have a great shot at Lionel Hollins. Exactly the type of Coach Dwill and Lopez need. No nonsense and tough as nails. I will be happy with him or Shaw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    Has anyone suggested Patrick Ewing?

I am all for an established coach with this team...but it seems he could command respect being a former star player. He has paid his coaching dues. Does deserve a chance to crack the managerial rotation. He'd have a playoff team off the bat. Plus as an added bonus, since Prokhorov is happy when ever he gets the opportunity to tick off the other NY team...Ewing's hire would royally piss off the Knicks and their fans.

just a thought.
    Yeah but is it a good basketball move? Probably not.

KNICKS PATS SOX

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Looks like we are going to have a great shot at Lionel Hollins. Exactly the type of Coach Dwill and Lopez need. No nonsense and tough as nails. I will be happy with him or Shaw.
    Hollins will be fired by the Grizzles and he will go to either Brooklyn or Clippers. My guess would be Brooklyn because he probably will get more money here; we all know Proky will pay him good. I could then see Shaw going to Memphis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks21 View Post
    Yeah but is it a good basketball move? Probably not.
    I get it, which is why I said it was only a bonus. But with Ewing now gone as is most of the names listed above it is a moot point.

Hollins is nice. Del Negro is now available. JVG seems only interested in LA.

It's sort of feeling like names are disappearing faster than they are becoming available.

I know the season is yet to be over, but if the plan was to let go of PJ, I would have hoped they knew who they wanted before they did it.

vCash
    I think our man should be Brian Shaw. PJax wasn't going to happen, it doesn't seem like Brooklyn will contact Sloan, Van Gundy may be on his way to Clippers' land, Hollings is probably going to stay with Memphis, I think the best option for us is Shaw and we're probably going to have to wait until the Pacers get eliminated to talk to him. I think he'll be a perfect fit hoping for the best.

^ She's A Cutie

NEW JERSEY NETS 4-EVER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast