Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mavericks to target Nate Robinson?

Tim McMahon of ESPN Dallas suggests the Mavericks could target Nate Robinson in the offseason.

The Mavs, along with the rest of the NBA, had their chance to snag Robinson last summer but passed in part due to Delonte West's presence. Once the Mavs parted ways with West before the season, they struggled to find a sufficient backup to point guard Darren Collison, a role in which Robinson has excelled in this season, especially in the playoffs. Unfortunately for Dallas, as McMahon points out, Robinson's current postseason excellence likely puts him out of the "backup point guard" price range this summer.
    roto

Full article: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...match-for-mavs

We're going to need that discount

vCash
    Yeah, I figured someone will open up the checkbook for him this summer.

vCash
    Id fully expect him to get a deal around 3/15M this offseason.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    I 100% expect him to be back with the bulls, im sorry but everything i have heard and read this has been his happiest season in the nba, I know him and boozer are really close, I think him and NOah get along great, I think Nate found a place where he can do what he does and not get scrutinized.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I 100% expect him to be back with the bulls, im sorry but everything i have heard and read this has been his happiest season in the nba, I know him and boozer are really close, I think him and NOah get along great, I think Nate found a place where he can do what he does and not get scrutinized.
    I agree entirely...teague probably gets moved down to the dleague next year...kirk plays combo

vCash
    Nate only would return if KH got launched IMO (which I'd love to be the case). There's really no place on this team with Rose playing 35-40 mins and KH as his primary back up.

I seriously believe Nate is a must to bring back, because he does provide what we seriously lack, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't in a different uni next season.

Marco is another interesting dilemma.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Not surprising...I thimk most of us have realized for awhile now that re-signing Nate is going to be difficult and with the way he's played in the postseason, it's probably unrealistic to expect him in a Bulls uniform next season.

vCash
    Nate has to decide for himself. Does he stay in Chicago for a major discount (where he is very happy and can potentially win a title) or does he go elsewhere for a major payday. And remember, he's 28 years old and nearing the latter portion of his career.

Good thing about Nate is that you can play him at both PG and SG. As decently as KH has played, we all see how injury prone he is. Nate could play PG if KH is injured, or SG with the second unit. Also, it would be interesting to see how Nate and Rose play together.

vCash
    I really hope that he comes back next year, he has been amazing.

Furthermore, I think he really fits in with the Bulls style and culture. He has a big heart, and will play his hardest every night. He is also instant offence off the bench, which is something we are lacking badly.

vCash
    I hope he comes back (gives us a discount). He's such an awesome player and team mate. This guy hustles and give his blood for this team. He is the Noah of the backcourt.

vCash
    Beli and Nate should stay...look how much they've grown just in the past two months.

vCash
    I see Nate returning as well. I think our bench will be Nate at PG with Kirk at SG which we've seen at times this season (or vice versa).

Rose/Nate/Teague
    Butler/Hinrich
    Deng/FA/2nd
    Boozer/Gibson
    Noah/1st/Muhammed

vCash
    Remember back during the day when our 3rd string PG was the turd. Dint leave us nate. Hes gonna get paid though and he deserves it.

vCash
    This offseason might be his only chance to get a multi-year offer. He only has one shot, you can't blame him to go for the money.

vCash
    I absolutely have fallen in love with Nate Robinson. I want to watch Boy Meets World with him, make cinnamon toast with him, hop-scotch with him, do everything with him. Unfortunately, with me being his best friend now, I can't help but want the best pay day for him and I can't see him returning next off-season at the moment.

BUT... I do think the Bulls will be exploring trades this off-season, and lots of them. Any of Boozer, Gibson, Deng, and Hinrich will be involved in trade discussions. I'm personally hoping Gibson gets the boot because I'm sorely disappointed in his stagnant improvement (I STILL defend his contract he signed, he's worth it, but I did expect him to outplay that contract like Noah when JoNo signed his). Not just that though, Gibson can provide some real asset for us that also gets us under the Luxury Tax ---> this will allow us to use the full Mid-Level Exception on Nate Robinson or Marco Belinelli.

Trade Taj Gibson to a team like the Utah Jazz, who will lose both Millsap & Jefferson. Yes, they have Favors/Kanter, but they still need a backup for those players and Gibson can provide that. I'm thinking Gibson for Jeremy Evans and the Jazz and their 14th overall selection.

Evans is a scrub, sorta. He's a 25 year old backup backup PF that has freakish length, is 6'9", and is a complete project type player that Thibs can turn into a very solid defender. He's also locked in for the next two years at $1,660,257 and $1,794,871 respectively.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast