Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Envision Phil Jackson's raptors.

I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's perspective/guess on what a Phil Jackson/Toronto Raptors team would look like?

Would he implement the triangle offense and build the roster around that?

Would he take what we have and develop it further?

Who on this roster would he keep and trade?

Do you think Brian Shaw would be a lock as coach? News today seemed to sugest that Phil would be open to coach if he had some control on the roster.

Would Phil be open to continuing the STATs CAM data program currently being developed by the raptors org?

I know it's not in stone that Phil comes, but would love to hear people's perspective on how they vision Phil's Raptors.

vCash
    Noel
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    No clue who he would want to keep. But if I were to guess I would say he probably would want to keep gay and Jonas, and trade everyone else

vCash
    I'll save my speculation on this topic for when Phil is hired by the Raptors, which will be never lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I'll save my speculation on this topic for when Phil is hired by the Raptors, which will be never lol.
    Is this near the time where you doctor and post another tweet/source?

vCash
    Look, another phil jackson thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Look, another phil jackson thread
    Never understood why people comment on or in threads they don't like. There isn't a gun to your head, no ones twisting your arm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Is this near the time where you doctor and post another tweet/source?
    Nope, I would get banned again if I did.

vCash
    Just another thread where people post their own trade ideas or roster moves and try to tell you why PJ would think it makes sense.

vCash
    I think he would look for a solid veteran big man to pair with Amir and Jonas. If my memory serves me correctly, PJ's teams love working inside out. A guy like Pau Gasol would be an obvious target in this regard (familiarity, skill set, vet).

I don't really think he would have a major issue with Lowry. I have no clue what he would think of our young atheletic wings (DeRozan, Ross, Gay); although talent aside, I imagine he would see some redundancy in skillsets.

I have to think that whatever he planned, Valanciunas would be a big centerpiece of it.

vCash
    There'd be too many changes to even start thinking about. Phil would be brought in to usher his own vision, not patch up BC's mistakes. If we wanted the band-aid solution we could just re-up Colangelo and we'd have ourselves a brand new Franken-team every season.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    I agree he'll hire Brian Shaw.

He'll package Bargs and others for Gasol and build the Triangle off of Gasol and Jonas.

He'll probably sign Fisher to the vet min, and ask Fisher to help him do a favor and implement the new system and culture into the team.

He'll trade one of Gay or DeRozan (not both) for a wing that can be a better shooting threat.

He'll look for more consistent outside shooting/defense to round up the roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    There'd be too many changes to even start thinking about. Phil would be brought in to usher his own vision, not patch up BC's mistakes. If we wanted the band-aid solution we could just re-up Colangelo and we'd have ourselves a brand new Franken-team every season.
    So true.