Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kiper's favorite pick of entire 2013 draft ? Sio Moore

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...akland-raiders

On an episode of NFL Live last week, Mel Kiper was asked by Todd McShay to make a bold prediction about the players taken in the 2013 NFL draft. Here is what he had to say:

McShay: You have seven rounds of picks, give me something, Kiper.

Kiper: I'll tell ya, how about if you had a player who is arguably one of the best workout warriors, he was one of the most productive linebackers in this draft, which meant he has it all, right?

McShay: I like him.

Kiper: Then I tell you he's gonna be the 66th pick and go in the third round, what would you think about that choice?

McShay: I think a lot of teams passed on a good player

Kiper: And what would you say if he had a Raider mentality? You like it, right?

McShay: I'd say he should probably go to the Oakland Raiders.

Kiper: There he went, Oakland Raiders take Sio Moore from Connecticut. Connecticut; all kind of players on the defensive side moving into the NFL. Sio Moore's gonna be outstanding, he's gonna attack, he can get after the quarterback, he's a tremendous tackler, he's instinctive, he can run, he's versatile... I think he will turn out to be - Sio Moore, linebacker Connecticut, 66th overall pick in the third round - one of the best defensive players coming out of this draft.

vCash
    his comments about being drafted in the third make him sound real hungry. i love it.
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Moore's gonna be a special football player, plain & simple...We need more players in our locker room with his same type of work ethic, confidents & mind state.

Glad to have him in Silver & Black
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 05-08-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In Their Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjunior559 View Post
    Moore's gonna be a special football player, plain & simple...We need more players in our locker room with his same type of work ethic, confidents & mind state.

Glad to have him in Silver & Black
    We ARE bringing them...Veldheer, Wiz, Burris, Houston, D. Moore, Streater, S.Moore, and some of those other Rooks...We have a style that is developing here and I like it.

vCash
    I have a sense that we may be a bit more competitive in 2013-2014 than I originally thought.

vCash
    Im sold
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE:26172041
    Im sold
    If Kiper says it it must be true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    Kiper: I'll tell ya, how about if you had a player who is arguably one of the best workout warriors, he was one of the most productive linebackers in this draft, which meant he has it all, right?[/B]
    not doubting Moore, but Kiper obviously forgot about Gholston (I know, he was DE, but u get the point)
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    not doubting Moore, but Kiper obviously forgot about Gholston (I know, he was DE, but u get the point)
    Yea that was the first name that popped into my head after reading what Kiper said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrouserTrout View Post
    some guy was gassing my head up with Sio Moore is the next James Harrioson. Any truth to that?
    Does he have the potential too? Yes he does. Time will tell though.
    I really like Sio. Hard working and playing with a chip on his shoulder.
    Cant wait to see him in preseason
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss

vCash
    Solid pickup in my opinion...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKazguxdgqQ Charlie Garner "Going Hard"

vCash
    I think our days of being at the bottom are coming to an end.

RM has made some questionable moves, but I believe he has made some pretty solid ones. The questionable moves can be overcome. There isn't a lot invested in them!

Really excited for the future of this franchise..

vCash
    Per Lindy's Draft Magazine

STRENGTHS
    -Reads the action quickly and has the speed to close, making him a classic 4-3 weak-side linebacker candidate.
    -Versatile performer in college with good production as a hybrid linebacker, not looking out of place when asked to play in space against either the run or pass.
    -Even in non-contact drills at the Shrine Game, Moore's competitive drive and explosive hitting ability were evident.

WEAKNESSES
    -At his size, Moore will need to continue to improve his strength in taking on and shedding blocks.
    -Can get caught up in the trash against bigger running attacks and struggle to disengage from blocks

vCash
    nice

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Let's show these Bronc-ho's what is up this season!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast