Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

the organizations future pitching depth impressive

wow if some of our prospects work out the way we hope we will have some great pitching depth in about a yr, or so. with drabek, hutch and perez all rehabbing from tj.

hutch
    drabek
    nolin
    stroman
    sanchez
    jenkins

then in the majors, dickey,morrow,mb,jj,happ,romero and cecil with his improved fb and arm speed on the change up can be an effective 4 or 5. even perez can be decent spot starter if needed, and he should be olivers replacement in the pen next yr. so thats some of the best depth in the game there soon. then big if, if mcgowan ever starts again wow. thats like 15 starters deep give or take.

we will be stacked with some low end / high end starters very soon. good sign moving forward.
    Last edited by rapsjaysfan88; 05-07-2013 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    hutch
    drabek
    nolin
    stroman
    sanchez
    jenkins
    cool
    LOL nah
    meh
    reliever
    hero
    AAAA

vCash
    All of them are weak what are you talking about with drabek being the worst

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ByShine View Post
    All of them are weak what are you talking about with drabek being the worst
    Someone isn't following along I see. Drabek sucks, walks everyone, has no control and I'm very doubtful he'll EVER be the same "star prospect" we expected him to be.

Only guy in that entire list who's exciting is Sanchez....

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I like Hutch, Sanchez, and Stroman. The rest I don't have much hope for.

vCash
    ^^Yup. Nolin looks like a big leaguer too, just not a particularly exciting one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    wow if some of our prospects work out the way we hope we will have some great pitching depth in about a yr, or so. with drabek, hutch and perez all rehabbing from tj.

hutch
    drabek
    nolin
    stroman
    sanchez
    jenkins

then in the majors, dickey,morrow,mb,jj,happ,romero and cecil with his improved fb and arm speed on the change up can be an effective 4 or 5. even perez can be decent spot starter if needed, and he should be olivers replacement in the pen next yr. so thats some of the best depth in the game there soon. then big if, if mcgowan ever starts again wow. thats like 15 starters deep give or take.

we will be stacked with some low end / high end starters very soon. good sign moving forward.
    While I'm not intimately familiar with other farm systems in the league, I think most can boast this type of depth throughout MLB, single A, AA and AAA, if not more. And there are waaaayyyy too many questions marks involved in the list of pitchers you mentioned.

Josh Johnson could leave at years end (not to mention his early struggles.
    Dickey is 38 years old
    We still don't even know if Romero can pitch well in the MLB anymore.
    Buerhle is getting older, pitching poorly and is owed a buttload of cash for the next 3 years
    Happ has been consistent, but he looks like a 4/5 pitcher at best.
    Are we really that confident in Cecil all of a sudden?
    Hutch Drabek, McGowan and Perez are all coming back from major surgery, who knows how they'll perform?
    Sanchez, while an exceptional prospect, is still a long ways out
    Stroman may not even start, we'll see.
    Do Nolin and Jenkins really inspire you so much to include them on a list? I guess you prefer having them to not having them, but I'd be more excited about Osuna or Smoral personally, even if they are further out.

As prospects develop, some major league talent will leave the team, get injured, retire, etc. We aren't 15 pitchers deep when talking about MLB caliber players.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 05-07-2013 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    Stroman is going to be starting in Dunedin, and then will be promoting him to NH after a few solid starts. Don't jump to conclusions. He's certainly got the stuff to start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    ^^Yup. Nolin looks like a big leaguer too, just not a particularly exciting one.
    To be fair, he's a big lefty who gets it up to 95. That's always exciting on some level, at least. If he can improve his change he could be pretty good. Right now, as a fastball/curveball guy, he looks like either a back end rotation guy or in the BP. The change would make all the difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I like Hutch, Sanchez, and Stroman. The rest I don't have much hope for.
    nolin is suppose to be a decent low end starter.

vCash
    im not saying we have 15 studs im just saying it'll probably be the most depth we've had in yrs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    im not saying we have 15 studs im just saying it'll probably be the most depth we've had in yrs.
    You might be confusing with your combination of prospects that could be a few years away and the talent at the major league level. If you are talking MLB starting pitching depth, I can understand where your argument is coming from. But including names like Sanchez (who is a ways away) from the farm doesn't make much sense then. The farm depth seemed deeper in the past. We've seen Alvarez, Nicolino, Syndergaard all leave. And of course Hutch and Drabek got hurt, Deck McGuire's expectations tailed off in a big way... Also pitchers like Villanueva left, Musgrove, Molina and Woj were traded. The minor league depth from a couple seasons ago has been reduced, but we definitely have more MLB level starters than in years past. But there are a lot of reasons to be uneasy about that group.

vCash
    Already have seen Hutch and looked very good. Like Sanchez, Stroman and Nolin.

vCash
    stroman, nolin and sanchez arent far away and drabek and hutch are 4 or 5 starters with high potential. ppl have given up on drabek but he has talent and you cant teach 95+. there have guys with much worse stuff that have had good long careers. 2 tryouts in the majors isnt the end by a long shot. im just dissappointed we let cv walk he's been a great get 4 chi town. his era is under 3 and whip under 1. i like him much more then mb.

vCash
    ^ Does Drabek actually get it 95+

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast