Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Good article on Chris Greenwood if you haven't seen it.....

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...1-189b5b3a2b0f

Looks like the battle for the other CB spot will be fun to watch this summer!

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

vCash
    I predict by the end of next season, Bentley and Jonte are the starters, Slays backs up at 75% health, while Houston and Greenwood end the year on the IR.

STAFFORD THE LEADER

Sliding a yard short on 4th down because he's too afraid to take a hit.

vCash
    Yeah, it seems we really do have bad injury luck with DBs. So when everyone was freaking out during the draft (that we took yet ANOTHER one), I wasn't all that surprised.

vCash
    If he lives up to his potential we might finally have some depth at a position that seems to never stay healthy.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 28
    Solo Tackles: 23
    Assisted Tackles: 5
    Sacks: 4.5

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 10-4-5 PTS: 25
    Detroit Lions 7-3
    Detroit Tigers Another disappointing season
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 3-0 ACC:
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 11-0 ACC: 8-0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iu92grad View Post
    Yeah, it seems we really do have bad injury luck with DBs. So when everyone was freaking out during the draft (that we took yet ANOTHER one), I wasn't all that surprised.
    I thought it was a stellar pick! Slay in the 2nd was a super value pick. I think he will be a long time starter for us down the road. Not expecting too much this year though.

I wouldn't mind us kicking the tires on a vet to compete during training camp. Trufant & Jammer are getting zero love these days. Why not offer them a vet min. deal and maybe teach these kids a trick or two?

STAFFORD THE LEADER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I thought it was a stellar pick! Slay in the 2nd was a super value pick. I think he will be a long time starter for us down the road. Not expecting too much this year though.

I wouldn't mind us kicking the tires on a vet to compete during training camp. Trufant & Jammer are getting zero love these days. Why not offer them a vet min. deal and maybe teach these kids a trick or two?

I agree. At first (when Slay's name was called), I was like "WTF???" But it was a good pick. His injury is SO minor and he had first round value at one point. I also agree that his potential is very high to be a starter who sticks around for a while. Your idea of bringing in a vet is good, too. With all that young talent in the secondary, having a seasoned vet back there could only help. Good post!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iu92grad View Post
    I agree. At first (when Slay's name was called), I was like "WTF???" But it was a good pick. His injury is SO minor and he had first round value at one point. I also agree that his potential is very high to be a starter who sticks around for a while. Your idea of bringing in a vet is good, too. With all that young talent in the secondary, having a seasoned vet back there could only help. Good post!

STAFFORD THE LEADER

vCash

So Slay was a good pick with a first round grade but he won't be starting? First rounders should start no matter what. Especially on a CB depth chart that everyone has said has been bad for a decade.

If slay doesn't start it's a waste of a draft pick.

But I think he is a lock to start
    Last edited by hairytreeko; 05-07-2013 at 03:18 PM.

vCash

We have Ron Bartell here. Don't forget he played very well against BMarsh in his only start for us last year. Not to mention he's also similar build so some of our young corners (fast and tall/rangy).

Houston - Slay - Bentley - Green - Greenwood - Bartell

Looks like 6 corners is also a realistic possibility since Green/Greenwood would definitely get claimed by someone imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    We have Ron Bartell here. Don't forget he played very well against BMarsh in his only start for us last year. Not to mention he's also similar build so some of our young corners (fast and tall/rangy).

Looks like 6 corners is also a realistic possibility since Green/Greenwood would definitely get claimed by someone imo.
    Good call...forget about him. I was thinking a more higher profile name, but I guess he fits. Kinda.

STAFFORD THE LEADER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post

They could also move Greenwood to safety if need be. He has the size for it.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    This is why I said CB wasn't as much of a need as most people thought going into the draft.

Not only is CB one of the least important roles in our system, but we drafted three CBs last year, and ALL of them have some potential to be starters.

Especially Greenwood with his athleticism.

Has anyone noticed Detroit likes drafted athletic freaks?

vCash
    I predict by the end of next season, Bentley and Jonte are the starters, Slays backs up at 75% health, while Houston and Greenwood end the year on the IR.
    Don't forget to mention that we resign Jacob Lacey around Week 9, and he's the starter by week 10

#HandItOnly2Bell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Don't forget to mention that we resign Jacob Lacey around Week 9, and he's the starter by week 10
    Havta hope the vikes cut him

29 Rec - 461 Yards -3 TD