Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

How long have the Spurs been getting away with holding players on the defensive end?

Tonight's game vs the warriors was a prime example of that especially at the end of the 2nd OT when Curry was trying to come up for the ball during the inbounds. I know Kobe had mentioned it a lot in the past that while they screen you they hold your jersey so that the defender can stay with the offensive player. How can any team, coach or player take pride in playing defense like that?

Don't let your cape get caught on the Kareem statue

vCash
    Both teams were holding at the end... When you factor in fatigue, it happens more... And Kobe does **** like this all the time, get out of here with this garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Both teams were holding at the end... When you factor in fatigue, it happens more... And Kobe does **** like this all the time, get out of here with this garbage.
    What, the truth hurts!!? If you dont like it go back to your fantasy land.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast_yg View Post
    What, the truth hurts!!?
    Yea that's what it is.... I think you should watch Kobe more. Hell even Fisher did it a ton while he was there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Yea that's what it is.... I think you should watch Kobe more. Hell even Fisher did it a ton while he was there.
    Cool story bro

vCash
    This thread is going to go nowhere.

/thread

vCash
    close it than...its obvious that kids here cant have a civil conversation about bball

vCash
    close it than
    I don't have the power.

vCash
    close it than...its obvious that kids here cant have a civil conversation about bball
    Keep on trolling dude...

vCash
    Both the Spurs and the Lakers have a history of getting away with this so none of you arguing are wrong. When you win championships you get the call. The league has been like this for a long time and I do not see it changing any time soon. Yes it hurt the Warriors today, but if they can put together a couple good seasons or win a championship, the calls may start going their way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    Both the Spurs and the Lakers have a history of getting away with this so none of you arguing are wrong. When you win championships you get the call. The league has been like this for a long time and I do not see it changing any time soon. Yes it hurt the Warriors today, but if they can put together a couple good seasons or win a championship, the calls may start going their way.
    I always admired the Spurs for their defense up until today. You can't take pride in something like that, if you can't stay with a guy by moving your feet and being in the right position to do so leave the job to someone who could.
    Last edited by Leftcoast_yg; 05-07-2013 at 01:29 AM.

vCash

How long have the Spurs been getting away with holding players on the defensive end?

Noticed a bit of that myself but nothing too bad. But Holding doesn't make you go on an 18-2 run to end the 4th quarter

vCash
    All 30 NBA teams do this...

vCash
    Spurs outplayed us in the clutch. Jerseys get held all the time. It's annoying if it's inconsistent, but I can assure you **** like that happens on each end. What lincecum=future said is true as well, holding jerseys doesn't help you on a 15-0 run.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    every team does it....doesnt excuse a team chocking away a big lead like that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast