Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What will it take to save DRoses image next year?

Whether or not you feel DRose should be playing right now, the one thing we can all agree is that he's handled his PR horribly. He has taken a humongous hit to his popularity and his likeness. So, for next season, what will it take for DRose to salvage his image? Will it take a strong regular season? Deep playoff run? Or a championship? What kind of stats should we be expecting? What will it take for you, a diehard Bulls fan, to forgive Rose for all the drama?

IMHO, since he's been stringing along fans for the past couple of months, he better show vast improvement in his shooting and his defense. Seeing how the Bulls are financially strapped next year, a championship next season may be asking too much but back to MVP status should be expected.

vCash
    It's sorta hard for Rose to improve on his defense since he's already elite in my book. But his shooting form is completely different than it was in 2011/12. If he comes back next season, and is just as good as he ever was, that will easily make up for him not playing since we will all be like "he's officially recovered, gotten over it mentally, and perhaps has extended his career with a full 18+ months of recovery."

He comes back, averages 24/8/4 again on a 56ts% 49efg% and 30usg%, and it will all have been worth it.

vCash
    Well your phrasing may need to be changed...what will change his image "next year"? Nothing short of an MVP or Championship. What will change his image "for his career"? Putting together many good seasons, multiple all-star appearances, maybe another MVP, good playoff runs, and a Championship or two. (If he did those things people would forget about this entire season).

If he did we would look at his career and be like he did all of that and even missed a year...where as if he didn't do those things we would look at his career and be like he didn't do that much and he sat out that whole f***ing year...

And that is for NBA fans, not Bulls fans...as Bulls fans most have already stopped caring, and the ones that are angry will soon forget as soon as he is playing to old form in October.

No matter what though I will always love D-Rose and he should forever be our PG here in Chicago.

vCash
    nothing its tarnished in some people's eyes and that's how it will remain regardless of whatever he does on or off the court.

vCash
    well, first things first, as bad as he has handled this situation, i am still a die hard rose fan, and he is by far the most exciting player to watch in the nba when healthy.

that being said, he has handled this situation terribly.

i do not think their is anything he can do to save face for this season anymore, but it still would be smart for him to come out and just rule himself out for the remainder of the postseason, so everyone can move on, his teammates, the fans, media, etc. until he does that, their is always going to be the question of whether he is coming back or not, and we all know the answer

vCash
    Show up

vCash
    The one thing I don't wanna see is him being hesitant in driving to the cup. A lot of ppl have suggested he change his game to less explosion to the rim or less driving. I disagree. The one thing that separates Rose from any other pg is that one skill, absolute power to the rim with the ability to finish. I can only assume he'll be hesitant in November but he better go full throttle by December.

vCash
    Just win baby. As long as he helps the team win and plays with the same heart as before the injury, his image will be better.

vCash
    It'll be forgotten over time if he returns to his former self, but this will ultimately be looked at as a very negative event in his career when revisited.

vCash
    He has to come back and have a better season than his MVP season.

vCash
    The idea that Rose needs to do something to earn your forgiveness is so gross.

vCash
    The thing that really would have saved him and reversed Lebron's situation now is had the lockout happened all season in 2012.

Next year he has to be better than he was and get by Miami.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    In my eyes, nothing beyond just playing basketball. He's done nothing wrong beyond being a victim to unreasonable expectations - something many "fans" will continue to pile upon him for no reason...

He will play, play well, and all will be forgiven if not forgotten.

On the other hand, so long as Rose's image is beholden to the same "fans" (idiots) that crucified Cutler, it will never be rehabilitated.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 05-06-2013 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    The idea that Rose needs to do something to earn your forgiveness is so gross.

vCash
    Naked pictures.
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast