Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expectations

vCash

Expectations

I know it's pretty early to start this talk, but I'd assume that most of the major wheeling and dealing is done for the offseason. With all that said and done, what are your expectations for us this season? What would you guys consider a successful season? What would you guys consider a disappointing season? Overall what do you guys feel to be fair expectations for us this upcoming season?

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Success = SB champions!

I say that only partly joking around, because in reality at the end of the year thats the goal and only one team had a successful season.

However, I expect at least a playoff berth, and think Division champs is not out of the question.

Anything less than a playoff berth is a giant fail to me.

vCash
    11-5 to 13-3 max. And we take the AFC South. Get a first round win and thats it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Success = SB champions!

I say that only partly joking around, because in reality at the end of the year thats the goal and only one team had a successful season.

However, I expect at least a playoff berth, and think Division champs is not out of the question.

Anything less than a playoff berth is a giant fail to me.
    My expectation as well!
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Honesty I'd consider 11-5 and at least one playoff win a successful season.

vCash
    I think between 9 and 11 wins would be a successful season with a playoff berth (seed 3-4). It would be great to make it farther in the playoffs this year, but with any young team there will be continued growing pains.

#iubb

vCash
    Either a division crown or playoff win or bust.

vCash
    A successful year for me would be moving past the 1st round in the playoffs.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    A successful year for me would be missing the playoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts_4_life View Post

I'd say winning the division and a playoff game.

vCash
    nothing shy of 19-0 is bad........ im expecting a super bowl just like I did last... My expectations are like the players expectations, they want that ring, anything but that is an unsuccessful season.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts_4_life View Post
    You are the most confusing poster on this forum.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    Honesty I'd consider 11-5 and at least one playoff win a successful season.
    That is where I am at also. Don't think the current team is a SB contender YET. Though they are much closer than they were last season. A successful season is the team taking that next step forward with the playoff win. Getting all of the new pieces to fall in line and be able to shake out those pieces that don't work. They are a work in progress though think with FA and draft they took a giant step forward.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    I am amused by people saying we arnt SB contenders lol. If you make the playoffs your a contender end of story. We went 11-5 and then upgraded our team. This team is a SB contender plain and simple. Playoffs and a playoff win is the low bar for a successful season to me. SB champions is the goal.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    I am amused by people saying we arnt SB contenders lol. If you make the playoffs your a contender end of story. We went 11-5 and then upgraded our team. This team is a SB contender plain and simple. Playoffs and a playoff win is the low bar for a successful season to me. SB champions is the goal.
    Whether you're amused or not is pretty irrelevant. Not all playoff teams are created alike whether you want to believe it or not. Colts, Bengals, and Viking's are a far cry from the Ravens, Patriots, Seahawks. There is clearly a line between upper level teams and the rest that are in the playoffs and to this point the Colts are not part of that upper level yet. The team last season won a disproportionately high amount of comeback and very close games to go along with having a tremendously easy schedule. Just a few of those 8 4th quarter plays turn out differently your quickly looking at an 8 win team.

Against the Ravens the Colts got exposed for all of their issues that they had to that point been able to avoid. That is what happens when you are in the playoffs. Yes the team is better on paper but until all of these new parts play actual games neither of us know how good the team is going to be. So while I share your optimism that they have improved dramatically at this point to call them a SB contender is quite a stretch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast