Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Offseason Topic: Brooklyn Nets New Head Coach

According to multiple sources, PJ Carlesimo is no longer the Head Coach of the Brooklyn Nets.

The Nets will now have time this Offseason to bring in a new face that will lead the team.

From the Nets:

"The Brooklyn Nets will not offer a new contract to interim head coach P.J. Carlesimo, general manager Billy King announced."
    Confirmed. The search for a new Head Coach begins, now.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 05-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    Let the healing begin

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    a lot of people will be looked at. phil jackson and jvg are definitely getting calls but i do not see them coming to bk. stephen a smith (cant believe im using him but he made a good point) said larry brown. billy king and larry brown go back to their days in philly so i would not dismiss that idea.

i feel like proky will only go with a big name guy who has coached before and not someone promising like shaw, who has yet to be a head coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    I'd definitely prefer a coach who has head coaching experience as opposed to a coach who is promising and has yet to be a coach. This team could really benefit from a leader and mentor who has been through the grind before.

vCash
    stephen a. smith said that larry brown, doc rivers, and brian shaw surely will get calls. these are all coaches with credibility except brian shaw. larry brown is pretty old though, he's 5 years older than phil jackson at 73. Still a legend right below the likes of Jackson, Riley and Auerbach. Doc Rivers I can live with, Brian Shaw easily as long as he replicates PJ's success in his first year, and Larry Brown is probably enjoying college ball as a semi-retirement so that I don't expect to happen. If Brown comes in I expect him to do damage with this team and at least reach the second round but his age will definitely be an issue so I don't see it happening. Hubie Brown was 69 when he made that comeback with the Grizzlies.

vCash
    Doc Rivers? OMFG. If we ever needed the right coach that is the GUY!!

vCash
    I don't see Doc leaving Boston until the wheels fall off.

Phil fits the bill, but I do not see King working well with him, as he likes to have control. Personally, I hope Phill rots in hell, or where ever he is living these days.

Shaw...meh. This team needs a coach that will command respect off the bat. It is a win-now team, so it needs a win now coach.

JVG has a cushy job right now. He has resisted coming back for years. I don't see him trying now. Unless the team is right there (is Brooklyn that team?)

SVG, has had his teams turn on him. That is a red flag. The type of coach you like to have when he's not, and you wish he'd be fired when he is.

It's going to be interesting to see who is truly on the radar.

vCash
    The Nets need someone who will cultivate the young talent, not shun in it like PJ was doing. The Nets have some guys on their roster that can really be good pieces.

vCash
    I wouldnt mind bringing Byron back, with the proviso that he bring along the youngsters.

My issue with Phil is he would not want to do that, and who knows how the players will react to implementing the Triangle. He will also ask for a lot of money, the luxury of sitting out West Coast games, and now wants GM authority, which won't work with Billy being extended. That's why he wasnt hired by the dumb-*** Lakers.
    Nets—One and Done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    I don't see Doc leaving Boston until the wheels fall off.

Phil fits the bill, but I do not see King working well with him, as he likes to have control. Personally, I hope Phill rots in hell, or where ever he is living these days.

Shaw...meh. This team needs a coach that will command respect off the bat. It is a win-now team, so it needs a win now coach.

JVG has a cushy job right now. He has resisted coming back for years. I don't see him trying now. Unless the team is right there (is Brooklyn that team?)

SVG, has had his teams turn on him. That is a red flag. The type of coach you like to have when he's not, and you wish he'd be fired when he is.

It's going to be interesting to see who is truly on the radar.
    The Wheels have fallen off in Boston. They are breaking up the band for sure.

vCash
    I think Doc is the best coach in the league. So it's great for us," General Manager Danny Ainge said. "There's nobody I'd rather have as my coach than Doc.
    Everyone is coming back to BOS next season, even Terrence Williams. With Garnett, Pierce, Green, Rondo + Bradley and Sullinger, they still could be a 5-6 seed or so.
    Last edited by JoTyler65; 05-05-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Nets—One and Done

vCash
    It was the right move, but none of these names mentioned will be the next coach. Sloan is very inciting IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoTyler65 View Post
    Everyone is coming back to BOS next season, even Terrence Williams. With Garnett, Pierce, Green, Rondo + Bradley and Sullinger, they still could be a 5-6 seed or so.
    KG was non-committal about retirement after friday's game and Ainge was non-committal about whether Paul Pierce would be bought out this week from everything i read. They were bout to trade PP at the ASB. I think everyone knows the jig is up and their window is shut. Lets not even put Sullingers back into the equation. They are just too small and their best players too old. From what understand this was going to be there last run BUT if not thats cool. I dont think we have anything to worry about from them even if they decide to put off rebuilding 1 more year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    KG was non-committal about retirement after friday's game and Ainge was non-committal about whether Paul Pierce would be bought out this week from everything i read. They were bout to trade PP at the ASB. I think everyone knows the jig is up and their window is shut. Lets not even put Sullingers back into the equation. They are just too small and their best players too old. From what understand this was going to be there last run BUT if not thats cool. I dont think we have anything to worry about from them even if they decide to put off rebuilding 1 more year.
    Astute analysis Wavey, but it always seems to be the last year for them. Time heals all wounds, and these guys will want to play come August. Its probably a matter of whether teams will want to take those contracts, because, youre right, Danny will want to unload. But talent-wise, theyre roster is easily #4-5 in the East. Theyre problem this year was injuries and Courtney and Jason Terry not producing.
    Nets—One and Done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidd>>>K-Mart View Post
    Sloan is very inciting IMO.

Have to move Williams first then
    Nets—One and Done

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast