Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Speaking on what could be the final day of the Chicago Bulls’ season, Derrick Rose said he’s unaware of outside criticism of his decision to sit out the season after May 2012 surgery to repair his torn left ACL and wouldn’t be bothered by it anyway because he’s listening to how his body feels.

“That’s my first time hearing about it,” Rose said Saturday of the critical fan contingent. “I barely turn on the TV. I’m with my son all day. So that’s about it.

“I’m feeling about the same, still being patient, still trying to take care of my body and just trying to enjoy this time and cheer on my teammates.”

Rose said there’s no benefit to announcing that he’s out for the season and said watching playoff games in street clothes has been difficult.

“It’s been hard,” he said. “But I’m able to get past it, knowing that my teammates are out there playing hard, giving the game everything they got. That’s all I can ask for.

“Who knows? It’s still in the air where I’m still trying to be positive and still trying to take care of my body.”

Rose said he hasn’t been pressured by the organization or teammates or coaches to play and is making the decision by himself. Asked about the perception that his inner circle of older brother Reggie Rose and agent B.J. Armstrong has influenced his decision, Rose acted incredulously.

“Who said that? If anything, it’s up to me,” Rose said. “My brother and them can’t tell me what to do with my body. They give me control. I’m in control of the whole process. It’s really all on me.”

Asked what the benefit of sitting the entire season is, Rose said: “Being healthy. Health-wise, if I do take the whole year off and don’t play anymore, I know I’m going to come back a better player. I guess my body will be healed more but who knows?

Rose said his body feels the same and he still is thinking rather than reacting when he plays.

“Still thinking. Still trying to take my time. Still the same old thing,” Rose said. “If anything changes, trust me, I’ll let you all know. It’s still the same.”

Rose was cleared for full-court scrimmaging on Feb. 18. The Bulls haven’t scrimmaged since March and rarely practice anymore, using walkthroughs and film sessions to review opponents.

“No one. I haven’t had any pressure anywhere,” Rose said. “You hear stuff. People say stuff. I have a lot of people text me, asking if I’m doing all right because I guess they’re paying attention to what’s going on in social media.

“I’m far from it. I rarely watch games. If it’s not our game, I rarely watch it. I know every team. I’ve been watching teams the whole year. There are good teams out there. I know basketball. I just got to get out on the court and play.”

Rose’s teammates and coaches have defended his decision throughout, most emphatically this week after TNT broadcaster and former Bull Steve Kerr said Rose “maybe owes it to his teammates” to play.

“It’s cool, man. It gives me some comfort,” Rose said of his internal support. “They see how hard I’m working in the gym, just putting my all into the game and sacrificing a lot of stuff to be a better player. Whenever I come back, I know I’m going to be way, way better. Just having that time to relax and be patient and fully heal, that’s the big picture right now.”
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4939294.story

vCash
    It feels like years ago, when we thougt he'd come back around the All-Star break. I wish he'd have said that coming back next year as a better player is what he has been aiming for the whole time.

vCash
    I like how he doesn't hear anything but earlier in the year he heard everything and was aware. Gotta make up your mind! That's not a complaint either, just a comment.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    That’s my first time hearing about it,” Rose said Saturday of the critical fan contingent

******** Derrick, like noone has ever even hinted at it it during an interview before? You're not that dumb.

Rose said there’s no benefit to announcing that he’s out for the season

So you'd rather mind **** your teammates and millions of fans the entire season just so you can leave open the .00001% that you might come back? Rather selfish thing to do seeing how you've known the entire time that you'd be sitting the year out.

vCash
    If you're not feeling pain anymore than you should play. If its however just mental now, then that sucks

vCash
    My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phen0m View Post
    So you'd rather mind **** your teammates and millions of fans the entire season just so you can leave open the .00001% that you might come back? Rather selfish thing to do seeing how you've known the entire time that you'd be sitting the year out.
    Rose didn't know he'd be sitting out the entire season the entire time - there's simply no way he would have cleared the Adidas campaign in August if that were the case. He expected (like many) to return early and changed his mind somewhere in the latter portion of his rehab for whatever reason (health, family, not thinking for himself at all, etc.). I also don't think anyone is confused about his status. If he returns, great. If not, the team continues doing what they've done all season, plan to play without #1. Every coach and player has responded the same way.

At this point, it would actually be more selfish for Rose to make the announcement he's done for the season, but I'm sure the Bulls and everyone else around Rose would keep him from saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by path2zion View Post
    My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 05-04-2013 at 05:34 PM.

vCash

vCash
    It's been a long time coming since I've seen your face
    I've been everywhere and back trying to replace
    Everything that I had 'til my feet went numb
    Praying like a fool that's been on the run
    Heart's still beating but it's not working
    It's like a million dollar phone that you just can't ring
    I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing
    Yea my heart is numb

I lob adult contemporary music.

vCash
    I have never been more comfortable with Rose not coming back then I am now. Deng, Noah, Taj, Kirk all banged up or completely incapable of playing. Stick a fork in it. Season = done.

Also, very proud of Rose for sticking to his rehab plan, in spite of media and fan pressure due to impatience. Looking forward to Rose 2.0 next season!

vCash
    There will never be more pressure for him to come back than Monday

vCash

The Return Countdown 5: Rabble Rabble Rabble

If you're 100% healthy with no pain then there is no reason you shouldn't be on the court plain and simple.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    This team is ready for Rose.
    Look at it!

KH made and awsome Postseason and he played lots of minutes at the SG playing HUGE defense.
    N8 brings a spark from the bench that its amazing in some games
    Jimmy is way way way better than last season!
    Deng... yeah he wont be 100% until game 2 or 3 probably.
    Marco is another ballhandler we didnt had last year.
    NOAH is finally better from his feet problems
    BOOZEr is playing his best baketball since he arrived in chicago

The team is calling for rose. The team is ready. Step up. Trust that your team will help you too helping them.

vCash

The Return Countdown 5: Rabble Rabble Rabble

There is no more motivational game for Rose than tonight's.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast