Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Thank You Doc,KG, Pierce, Ray and Rondo.

It's been 6 amazing years for the Celtics thanks to those guys. I'm sad because a great era in Celtics basketball is possibly ending a lot people say we should have accomplished more with this core but this team always brought the most important qualities heart and passion to every game. Hopefully this opens a new era of great accomplishments and more banners for the C's.

vCash
    KG injuring his knee combined with MIA forming the Big 3 stopped them from accomplishing more. That knee injury killed their chances in year 2 where he missed the playoffs and he never was the same so it had a carry over effect to the year they lost in the Finals. After that, MIA just formed a team we weren't talented enough to beat with aging KG/PP/Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    mostly injuries prevented them from more success so you have to be satisfied with the title we got, its not like they underachieved or sth..

vCash
    If we are talking about the title year, than after the big 3, these players deserve mention:

Posey, Powe, Rondo, Perkins of an equal footing.

Given the ages of the players in question, and injuries that go with it, assuming/expecting more than one title doesn't seem fair. I would certainly have liked 1 or 2 more, but the 1 was very welcome after all the bad/screwy years since the previous one.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    KG injuring his knee combined with MIA forming the Big 3 stopped them from accomplishing more. That knee injury killed their chances in year 2 where he missed the playoffs and he never was the same so it had a carry over effect to the year they lost in the Finals. After that, MIA just formed a team we weren't talented enough to beat with aging KG/PP/Ray.
    I've still always thought that if KG never gets injured in 09 that they three-peat. They without a doubt make it to the Finals in all three years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Agreed. That injury killed it. I will miss KG when he leaves I love that guys heart and desire.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "