Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up Game 6 : Win *and* they (OKC) go home... 5/3/13

I'm just going to come out and say it... OKC is on the ropes and don't have a clue anymore.

Ever since game 1, we've watched the tape, learned from our mistakes, benched Lin, and adjusted, and it's led to wins.

Look at the scores of the first 5 games... game 1 .. blowout, ok.

Game 2-5 all have been close in either direction because we learned how to beat them and sometimes it just went their way instead of ours.

We know HOW to beat them, now it's just a simple matter of executing the plan and seeing it through. OKC has done something remarkable this season that almost no other team in the NBA has ever done - become hated by everyone around the league aside from their delusional fanbase thinking Beverly was intending on taking Westbrook the ninja turtle out.

If they continue the flopping and the hands in the air and stares at the refs, the endless pouting over fouls that don't exist and whatnot, they're destined to fail.
    Last edited by Snakeyestx; 05-03-2013 at 05:48 PM.

vCash
    Well... isn't this a mountain to climb...

First Harden has strep throat, and now this..

A CT scan performed yesterday on Rockets forward Carlos Delfino revealed a bone fracture in his right foot that will require surgery this offseason. Delfino will miss the remainder of the 2013 NBA Playoffs.

vCash

vCash
    Hard fought game. Parsons was killing it in the third and then we just stopped giving it to him? Oh well, should be a great season next year and a pretty exciting offseason! Go Rockets

vCash
    i had the feeling we will lose when i heard Lin is going to play. the guy have been a bad omen for us. took away minutes from Brooks.

oh well, that's that. good season Houston. let's get some re-enforcement for next season.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post
    this

vCash
    Really proud of the Rockets and I'm very excited for next year. The rest of these playoffs should be fun.

vCash
    Anyone who blames Lin for this is just an idiot.... Also if you think Beverley is a better starting pg than a healthy Lin, please go look at his assist numbers in the games he started (averaged like 2 a game including ZERO last night). The guy is an amazing guy to have come off the bench and hell even finish some games, but he is no where near the playmaker that Lin is. Lin was horrible again I agree but when healthy there is really no question as to who the starter should be next year assuming we dont get CP3.

vCash
    Also, what a year though. I could not be more excited for this offseason. Hoping for Dwight Howard or CP3, but Im starting to warm up to the idea of just getting Josh Smith for less than the max. He could be insanely fun to watch on the fast break with this team. Also, him and Asik down low would be awesome on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
    Also, what a year though. I could not be more excited for this offseason. Hoping for Dwight Howard or CP3, but Im starting to warm up to the idea of just getting Josh Smith for less than the max. He could be insanely fun to watch on the fast break with this team. Also, him and Asik down low would be awesome on defense.
    Josh Smith is not where the money should be spent. If we find a PF or C who can score down low then I might be open to signing J-S, but for nothing near the max and, trust me, some desperate team will pay him max or very close to it. Thus, I would pass on J-S.

vCash
    Gotta love this team. Can't wait for next season. Actually, I can'y wait for the offseason too. Lakers getting swept and the Clippers losing to Memphis could lead to a even brighter future in Houston.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    This was a fantastic season that surpassed all my expectations - I can't take anything away from that.

I used to be in the J-smoove camp, but I'm not so sure nowadays. I'd like to think we could pick up a young, energetic PF in JJ Hickson for cheap, and blow the cap trying to snag Howard. If that doesn't happen, Asik has been absolutely stellar this year and he's nowhere near his ceiling and we can blow that cap on a PG or swingman to bolster the backcourt.

I was also very anti K-Mac at first, but to be honest, he's done a fantastic job working with this young and explosive roster - we'd be foolish not to keep him.

...I can't believe I just said that last part knowing that Jerry Sloan wants to get back into coaching, but I'm just not convinced he'd be the right man for the job considering how well McHale has done in such a short time.

vCash
    Morey is going to throw every kitchen sink at the scrap yards in Houston at Dwight Howard. I'm still going on a 5% chance of getting both CP3 and Howard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
    Anyone who blames Lin for this is just an idiot.... Also if you think Beverley is a better starting pg than a healthy Lin, please go look at his assist numbers in the games he started (averaged like 2 a game including ZERO last night). The guy is an amazing guy to have come off the bench and hell even finish some games, but he is no where near the playmaker that Lin is. Lin was horrible again I agree but when healthy there is really no question as to who the starter should be next year assuming we dont get CP3.
    What game were you watching? The moment Lin came into the game the rockets offense looked horrible. They were up 27-19 when Lin enter the game . When he left the game the scoe was 31-34 he's horrible dude. Depsite bev not giving the roickets 6ast he still didnt turnover the ball . Lin can give you 6ast all day but he will also give you 3TO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farren.louis View Post
    What game were you watching? The moment Lin came into the game the rockets offense looked horrible. They were up 27-19 when Lin enter the game .
    Lin is not an awful player as you would like to believe... he is also not a god as some others would have you believe. He is a good player but we already have a better player that fills his niche in Harden, so Lin is trying to play a game that is not his niche. Beyond that even though it is obvious that Lin is a very good player, capable of taking over games, he does not have a well developed game and only time will tell if he gets there or not.

Basically Lin has world class 6th man abilities right now IMO... or a ball dominant player on a team that is beginning their rebuild (which is where we were before the Harden acquisition).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast