Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Nuggets season that wasn't!!

I wanted to make a blog but couldn't figure that out but here is my thought on the season, if you can help me make this a blog BK that would be great!! Here it goes!!

Why you have to have a star!!

In today's NBA you have to have a "Star" not a "Super Star" but your team cannot go deep in the playoffs without atleast a "Star". The Nuggets have been the most recent team to see the outcome of this. Yes the Nuggets have have a great team but what they lack is someone who can take over a game! The Nuggets have a great group of good/great players but they do not have a star. When a a game is getting out of control the Nuggets have no answers, they look for Ty or Farried but there is not a player to count on in the last minutes of a game saying give me the ball.. So many times we have seen the Nuggets players look at the bench when what seemed to them a dagger.. The fact is they were looking for a leader and there should have been one on the floor but unfortunately for the Nuggets there was not a leader on the floor.. You can blame this on bad coaching but in the end if you do not have a player that can step up when it matters most a "star" you will not win in the playoffs!! I was one of the ones that got believing in the Nuggets hype and I should have stuck to my beliefs that you cannot win without a "star" but I started watching and didn't care about a "star" for once because these Nuggets were very fun to watch. Unbelievable finishes, great wins against top teams and the best the most wins in in Nuggets history.. With all that and no "star" one great season and with our young players hopefully turning into stars the future is bright!! I still believe it doesn't matter who the coach is until the Nuggets have a player that wants and can step up in the playoffs they will be one and done!! I hope Ty or Farried can turn into that player but that has yet to be seen!!!

This is why you have to have at least a “Star”

vCash
    I dont know if you would consider Duncan, Parker, or Ginobili stars..but their team is pretty darn good. They're basically a bunch of unselfish guys who don't care about the limelight and care about winning. High character guys..

And in response to OP, it might be more important to have weapons rather than a star player. We are a prime example..we have Steph who can take over a game but when he's off, such as the fourth quarter of game 6, guys like Draymond Green did the little things that kept us afloat. He, Ezeli and Barnes stepped up big time in the absence of Lee and arguably won the series for us.

You guys have a very, very, VERY dangerous team. You dont go on a 15 game tear if your team sucks..it just doesn't happen. As constructed, the pieces are there. The defense is there. The size is there. It's a matter of the right coaching staff to know the strengths and weaknesses of their players and their team. Maybe Karl isn't cut out for the group of guys here. But he knows you guys are athletic and can run run run. So he's doing the right thing. But it's a matter of making adjustments when necessary..which Karl seems to have failed at during the series. But the #3 seed ain't too shabby and you should be proud to have a successful team after all. You guys haven't been out of the playoffs for 18 of 20 years like we have.

Just my two cents.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I feel that some of Detroit's guys (Wallace, Billips, Prince, and Hamilton) were not looked at as stars till they won the championship. I think TY, Gallo, and Faried could come close to their levels but those teams won with defense and teamwork. Obviously I'm a big Gallo fan and I do think things would have been different if Gallo, TY and Farried were all healthy. This team does have depth and now is the time to make some big decisions to try and package a few guys for more of a sure thing. Would a move for Dwight help this team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I feel that some of Detroit's guys (Wallace, Billips, Prince, and Hamilton) were not looked at as stars till they won the championship. I think TY, Gallo, and Faried could come close to their levels but those teams won with defense and teamwork. Obviously I'm a big Gallo fan and I do think things would have been different if Gallo, TY and Farried were all healthy. This team does have depth and now is the time to make some big decisions to try and package a few guys for more of a sure thing. Would a move for Dwight help this team?
    I would rather sign Bynum than Howard, i don't want to go through melo drama again...
    Or maybe trade for Love??Bosh??
    Sign Al Jefferson??

vCash
    Denver Nuggets ‏@denvernuggets 8h
    #Nuggets coach George Karl: "I'm disappointed in the result, but can't be more proud of my basketball team."

Good to see he's proud of a team that got a franchise record in wins, got the second highest seeding ever in their play-off history then get promptly bounced by a lesser team in talent/experience while being thoroughly out-coached and mostly outplayed throughout the series.

Hooray for settling for mediocre performances!
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 05-03-2013 at 11:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    I would rather sign Bynum than Howard, i don't want to go through melo drama again...
    Or maybe trade for Love??Bosh??
    Sign Al Jefferson??
    I wouldn't. If I knew Bynum would play and be healthy in the playoffs, I'd be happy. I'd be thrilled with Howard, but I just can't see it happening.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!