Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Gavin Floyd has forearm tear

Floyd said tear wasn't ulnar collateral ligament but in the forearm
    From the Sox on Floyd: tear in the flexor muscle in his right below and an unstable ulnar collateral ligament
    https://twitter.com/MDGonzales/statu...62570994524160
    Last edited by Procision; 05-02-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    I did that to myself a few years ago when I was pitching. It sucks. It's nice that he doesn't need Tommy John surgery, but I don't think he will pitch again this season for the White Sox. There are different levels of severity with strains, but if it's bad, then I think he will be done for awhile. I still feel pain sometimes when I throw a baseball my hardest. And I lost a good chunk of velocity after the injury.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    That means he won't pitch again for the White Sox. It's too bad that the Sox couldn't trade him for even a failed project type prospect. Oh well at least we won't have to watch his frustrating pitching anymore.

vCash
    Figures, a fitting end for him.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Here comes the clown car. Santiago is next. I think he can hold his ground, at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    That means he won't pitch again for the White Sox. It's too bad that the Sox couldn't trade him for even a failed project type prospect. Oh well at least we won't have to watch his frustrating pitching anymore.
    If anything its good at least he got threw most of playing most of his contract out for us. He did sign one of those early money now contracts which hurt and helped him in the long run. He got some money then but now he probably won't be any better than a jason marquis/jon garland type for the rest of his career if he's lucky.

Also I don't think he was every worth anything to anyone seeing that the Sox could or chose not every pull off a deal where they traded him away. I think everyone knew his value was always going to low and if anything dumping his contract would have only resulted in a money dump
    Last edited by sweetnsour; 05-03-2013 at 11:56 AM.

vCash
    There is value in being mediocre but throwing 180+ innings. Gavin did have some trade value this winter. The issue was the Sox felt like they could contend in a weak AL Central and didn't want to give up Gavin with Danks' health in question. Gavin's value was certainly limited, which made trading him difficult from the Sox' position since he was worth more to them than most teams that may have been trying to acquire him.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsBullsCHWS View Post
    There is value in being mediocre but throwing 180+ innings. Gavin did have some trade value this winter. The issue was the Sox felt like they could contend in a weak AL Central and didn't want to give up Gavin with Danks' health in question. Gavin's value was certainly limited, which made trading him difficult from the Sox' position since he was worth more to them than most teams that may have been trying to acquire him.
    You are right- he had more value to the Sox than anyone else. I don't think he would have netted the same value as what Edwin Jackson got the Sox (which was essentially a half season of Frasor and a bum minor league starter in Stewart who was first traded, then resigned but still is bad). To me that's nothing. Jackson still had more value than Floyd.

Now Nightengale is reporting possibly Tommy John for Floyd

vCash
    IMO he is better off just having the TJ surgery so his elbow will be better and his velocity can stay the same.

vCash
    Should have been traded a long time ago

vCash
    He IS scheduled for tj for tomorrow lol 14-19 month recovery

vCash
    Later Gavin, see you in 2015
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash