Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

PFF's Top 101 of 2012

So far they have Nick at #68:

68. Nick Fairley, DT, Detroit Lions (Unranked)

When Fairley was on the field there were few better players. But therein lie one of the two problems with him (the other were the ridiculous 11 penalties). He managed only 511 snaps. In some ways that makes the +19.2 grade he got all the more impressive, and acts as a nice tease for what the Lions can expect in the upcoming years. A real fine player whether he’s rushing the passer or hunting down ball carriers.

Best Performance: Week 11 versus Green Bay, +7.3

Key Stat: His 9.4 Pass Rushing Productivity rating was the second-highest score of all defensive tackles.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...2012-70-to-61/

And Suh at #60:

60. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Detroit Lions (Unranked)

If this list were simply on the back of the second half of the season then Suh would be going a lot higher. From Week 12 onward he was nothing short of exceptional, with a couple of breathtaking performances that very few are capable of. We’ve learned to accept his shortcomings in the run game, with his ability to get at the passer something else.

Best Performance: Week 12 versus Houston, +8.1

Key Stat: His 58 combined sacks, hits and hurries were the second-most of any defensive tackle.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...2012-60-to-51/

12. Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions (4th)

Despite a record-breaking season, Johnson dips compared to his 2011 ranking and isn’t even the top receiver selected. Still, he deserves credit for overcoming an unparalleled amount of attention as teams simply didn’t respect the Lions’ running game or other receiving threats. That Johnson very nearly produced the first ever 2,000-yard season from a receiver despite all that is quite noteworthy.

Best Performance: Week 9 at Jacksonville, +4.5

Key Stat: Was targeted 199 times during the regular season.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...2012-20-to-11/

What are you guys expecting out of these 2 this season? What areas can they improve in the most?

Edit: Wanted to add. Which one do you think played better last season?

Only other Lion I expect is CJ.
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 05-04-2013 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    Suh gets in people’s face’s, man. That’s why I love him.

I think it’s so funny and weak of the media to take shots at him. Great for us though because it helps keep his salary demands in check a little. If he were an OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods (bad examples?) type with the media and advertisers loving him, he’d probably cost more…unless he would ask for less cause he gets paid elsewhere… hmm I think I defeated myself there.

Anyway, Suh is the real deal. He is a little weak against the run, that’s why I wish we had a better MLB to clean up for him but he’s a stud.
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    I dont buy the fact he's horrible against the run. The last two seasons we have been one of the toughest teams (5th and 7th best) in the NFL to run against up the middle. And, teams attempt to run up the middle against us the least % of the time out of all teams in the NFL except 1 other team.

Per FootballOutsiders.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 05-02-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Then they are wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Suh gets in people’s face’s, man. That’s why I love him.

I think it’s so funny and weak of the media to take shots at him. Great for us though because it helps keep his salary demands in check a little. If he were an OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods (bad examples?) type with the media and advertisers loving him, he’d probably cost more…unless he would ask for less cause he gets paid elsewhere… hmm I think I defeated myself there.

Anyway, Suh is the real deal. He is a little weak against the run, that’s why I wish we had a better MLB to clean up for him but he’s a stud.
    Agree 100%. Suh is a monster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET:26121338
    Then they are wrong.
    Weve been great against the run in short yardage situations as well. If I remember correctly we had one of the highest stop percentages on 3rd or 4th down with less than 3 yards to go.

PSD Lions Fantasy Football Champ

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    Weve been great against the run in short yardage situations as well. If I remember correctly we had one of the highest stop percentages on 3rd or 4th down with less than 3 yards to go.
    that was in 2011

vCash
    Power Success: Percentage of runs on third or fourth down, two yards or less to go, that achieved a first down or touchdown. Also includes runs on first-and-goal or second-and-goal from the two-yard line or closer. This is the only statistic on this page that includes quarterbacks. Teams are ranked from lowest power success percentage allowed (#1) to highest power success percentage allowed (#32).
    Stuffed: Percentage of runs where the running back is tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage.Ranked from most stuffs (#1) to fewest stuffs (#32).
    We ranked 28th in Power Success and 2nd in stuffed.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I dont buy the fact he's horrible against the run. The last two seasons we have been one of the toughest teams (5th and 7th best) in the NFL to run against up the middle. And, teams attempt to run up the middle against us the least % of the time out of all teams in the NFL except 1 other team.

Per FootballOutsiders.
    Don't you know he gets burned by wham blocks twice a year?!?!? That's seriously the perception people take, because those wham plays a couple times a year and they get a big gain from them. But what is the purpose of those wham blocks I wonder? lmao Suh's not nearly as bad against the run as people want to believe. None of our DTs are. It's the LBs who fail to fill the gaps and maintain their assignment imo
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    12. Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions (4th)

Despite a record-breaking season, Johnson dips compared to his 2011 ranking and isn’t even the top receiver selected. Still, he deserves credit for overcoming an unparalleled amount of attention as teams simply didn’t respect the Lions’ running game or other receiving threats. That Johnson very nearly produced the first ever 2,000-yard season from a receiver despite all that is quite noteworthy.

Best Performance: Week 9 at Jacksonville, +4.5

Key Stat: Was targeted 199 times during the regular season.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...2012-20-to-11/

vCash
    Ridiculous that Johnson wouldn't be #1 WR.

The guy single handedly carried our offense up and down the field.

vCash
    Who on gods earth is a wide out ranked higher than CJ? are they on meth?

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Retardo

vCash
    Cj not making the top 10 is laughable.
    Not being the number 1 WR is insulting.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash