Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

D'Antoni Looking for Defensive-minded Assistant Coach

With the Lakers in full-on evaluation mode after getting swept in the first round by the Spurs, coach Mike D'Antoni is actively exploring his long-standing desire to add a defensive-minded assistant. D'Antoni's first choice is believed to be McMillan. But with the fellow Team USA assistant expected to land a head coaching job, coaching sources believe D'Antoni will get the green light to add former Suns coach Alvin Gentry to his staff for next season.
    CBS Sports

Alvin Gentry and McMillan have been named as possible suitors so far

vCash
    PLEASE FIRE ANTONI!

vCash
    So I guess this means he's here to stay.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    You get to be kidding me. I can't stand this guy.

vCash
    If you can't coach both sides of the game, HOW THE **** ARE YOU A HEAD COACH?!

vCash
    Marc Gasol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivious View Post
    Marc Gasol.

GO LAKERS

vCash
    You suck Dantoni. You cant even answer a simple basketball question. GTFO!!!!

vCash
    This is not football. Mda sets the tone with his playing style. That style is not conducive to hard nosed defense.

This will not change anything. We need different players

vCash
    Let's go! Let's go!

vCash
    He should have hired Tom Thibadeau when he had a chance in Phoenix. EFF this guy

vCash
    Remind me again of why that dumb damn humdinger didnt hire McMillan when he first got the job last season? Its not like any of his teams in years past had any familiarity with the defensive side of the court anyway. Did he need yet another horrendous defensive showing to confirm that?

If Dantoni stays the head coach(which looks to be the case) all we as fans can do is bare n grit while hoping or in this case PRAYING for the best. But if significant improvement isnt made. Im more than certain winning Coach of the month along with a record of 29-12 to finish the season is what set us up for an epic failure next season. Buss wants to be right so bad with his coaching hires, that he's lookin for any silver lining possible & that did.

Management is going to try to sell us on the whole he needs a full season including training camp to show what he can do. The same nothing they were talkin about with Mike Brown after the lockout. But atleast Potato head gave us some optimism after his condensed debut season. Dantoni has proven he's worthless out the gate.

All we can do is cross our fingers and pray Buss & Dantoni cross some T's and dot some I's. Otherwise, we will be in for another long season and if we're fortunate to even make the playoffs, another short post season. YOUTH & BETTER DAMN COACHING should be the focus of the offseason. So LAKER NATION, lets try to cling to that tiny wray of hope we have...and I do mean tiny. I know its damn near impossible, but lets try. Afterall, we will have a fresher Kobe when he comes back!

vCash
    Oh Lord, I'm not sure I could stomach adding Alvin Gentry to the sideline. Hopefully McMillan takes the job and D'Antoni gets canned halfway into the season.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Smh I was afraid this was going to happen
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    I'd be happy with nate
    WHO DAT!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast