Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Flip Saunders to become Wolves President by Friday

@APkrawczynski: AP Sources: Glen Taylor is not picking up David Kahn's option and is finalizing a deal to make Flip Saunders #TWolves new president.

Thank god. About time.

vCash
    Does flip have any experience in a front office?

vCash
    Absolutely terrible.

vCash
    don't like that move, never been a fan of Flip

vCash
    Bad move imo, but will see !
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Absolutely terrible.
    Its hard to get worse than David Kahn.. I am all for this move... Lets hope he trades K-Love

vCash
    anything is better than Kahn (I think), but I am still weary of Flip being hired. Not sure why they don't hire someone who is more analytical and a better evaluator.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    So they go from 'terrible' to just as 'bad'. Lateral move at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlessU View Post
    Its hard to get worse than David Kahn.. I am all for this move... Lets hope he trades K-Love
    im assuming ur a t wolve fan. why u want K Love traded?? :/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    im assuming ur a t wolve fan. why u want K Love traded?? :/
    Some of the Wolves fans (I don't agree with a single one of them) are still butt hurt that Love made the comments he made prior to the season (in which he was right, just horrible timing Love, cmon), and then breaks his hand, twice, and can't play. They are looking for someone to pin things on. May as well be the a-hole star who made accurate comments at a bad time, to the wrong person, and think the team should trade Love, and build around Rubio. I love me some Rubio, but cmon.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    revolving door for idiots in Minny.

Blue Jays Season

Ottawa Senators
    Toronto Raptors
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Cincinnati Bengals

vCash
    I hope I am proven wrong but this doesn't even seem like an upgrade to me (not that it's a downgrade either). On the upside now there might be a little bit of hope we have a good draft...
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-02-2013 at 06:30 PM.

vCash
    Henry Abott has a nice article about Kahn as GM: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ize-david-kahn

Interesting read imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Henry Abott has a nice article about Kahn as GM: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ize-david-kahn

Interesting read imo.
    Pick any team and i can write a half-*** analysis like that.

He mentions Pekovic, Ak47, Rubio, Dante Cunningham and Alexey Shved as pieces that we should give Kahn credit for. I'll give him Pekovic, that was actually a great find. But AK47 is an elite defender and long, efficient offensive player? Ok maybe you can sell it, but for $20 million??? Its time to fire Abbott when he thinks Dante and Alexey Shved are considered talents (then again, these 2 were Kahn's best players acquired).

"The Timberwolves have middling salaries now, and among the league's lowest payroll moving forward."

Yup when the team isn't winning, it would be a problem if they had a high payroll. Usually payroll correlates with winning (not always, just usually).

Almost every other team he mentions is in a better place than the Wolves and that 100% falls on Kahn. Kahn is a terrible GM and hes right there as the worst GM in the league (fix that: not anymore because he got rightfully fired).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Pick any team and i can write a half-*** analysis like that.

He mentions Pekovic, Ak47, Rubio, Dante Cunningham and Alexey Shved as pieces that we should give Kahn credit for. I'll give him Pekovic, that was actually a great find. But AK47 is an elite defender and long, efficient offensive player? Ok maybe you can sell it, but for $20 million??? Its time to fire Abbott when he thinks Dante and Alexey Shved are considered talents (then again, these 2 were Kahn's best players acquired).

"The Timberwolves have middling salaries now, and among the league's lowest payroll moving forward."

Yup when the team isn't winning, it would be a problem if they had a high payroll. Usually payroll correlates with winning (not always, just usually).

Almost every other team he mentions is in a better place than the Wolves and that 100% falls on Kahn. Kahn is a terrible GM and hes right there as the worst GM in the league (fix that: not anymore because he got rightfully fired).
    McHale drafted Pekovic, Kahn simply signed him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast