Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Ex-NY Giants linebacker Michael Boley ‘secretly arrested’ on child abuse charges

Ex-NY Giants linebacker Michael Boley ‘secretly arrested’ on child abuse charges, report

Three days after he was cut by the Giants, Boley reportedly turned himself into police in Alabama and was booked on charges of child abuse.

By Ralph Vacchiano / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Thursday, May 2, 2013, 9:55 AM

Former Giants LB Michael Boley reportedly turns himself into police in Alabama.

Three days after he was cut by the Giants, linebacker Michael Boley reportedly turned himself into police in Alabama and was booked on charges of child abuse.

According to a report early Thursday morning on TMZ.com, Boley, the former Giants linebacker was "secretly arrested" on Feb. 8 in Etowah County, Ala., where he pled guilty to child abuse as part of a plea agreement. He was then entered into a pre-trial diversion program, the report said, after which the charges would be dropped.

The details of the incident that led to Boley's arrest were not immediately clear, and his attorney, Randall Kessler, declined comment. A Giants spokesman also had no comment, though one team source insisted the decision to cut the 30-year-old linebacker on Feb. 5 was not related to his impending arrest.
    Michael Boley's booking photo provided by the Etowah County Sheriff's office.
    Etowah County Sheriff's Office
    Michael Boley's booking photo provided by the Etowah County Sheriff's office.

Boley has been accused of child abuse before -- in 2011 when abuse was alleged by the mother of his then 5-year-old son. He was accused of "the repeated willful abuse of a child under 18 from May 30 to June 5" of that year and was investigated by police in Gadsden, Ala., who then handed the case to the district attorney.

It is not immediately clear if this latest arrest is related to those allegations. Kessler did not respond to an email asking that specific question.

Back in 2011, though, Kessler told the Daily News those allegations stemmed from a fight over child support payments. Kessler said the mother of Boley's sons had sued him in an attempt to get "five times the child support" she was getting. He also said that the woman never brought up allegations of child abuse during the child support trial.
    Michael Boley, seen here taking down Eagles TE Brent Celek in 2012, is currently a free agent.
    Al Bello/Getty Images
    Michael Boley, seen here taking down Eagles TE Brent Celek in 2012, is currently a free agent.

After those allegations surfaced, though, another woman who had a child with Boley reportedly filed court papers in Georgia asking a judge to require him to be supervised when he visited with their then-2-year-old son.

The Giants knew of Boley's troubled past when they signed him to a $25 million contract in 2009. One year earlier, in May 2008, Boley had been arrested on domestic violence charges in Gwinnett County, Ga., for allegedly beating his wife, Chantelle. The prosecutor eventually declined to pursue the case, but Boley was still suspended for the first game of 2009 – his first as a Giant – for violating the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy.

Boley is currently a free agent. There had been recent rumblings that the Giants might re-sign him, but if that was ever really a possibility it seems very unlikely now.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo....1332972?print

douche

If this is true, I don't ever want to see the scum bag in a Giants uniform again, and the fact he's smiling shows you how heartless he is!

Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    If this is true, I don't ever want to see the scum bag in a Giants uniform again, and the fact he's smiling shows you how heartless he is!
    Nah it shows he knows it'll be on the web .. Idk what else you can read bc they're celebs they know it'll leak , where can u find ur mug shots anyway ?

As for the 5 yr old he shouldn't be down anything to as he's in peak condition compared to say an office worker so his hit would be ridiculous ..like a weapon. ..deserves time for that and I agree...keep garbage off the giants ..BJ might have a mouth but he was a true giant he's a big tough love by bleed blue RB , boley may be a scum bag..

I don't get what's secret about being arrested...

Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Lol good point , his report wasn't released instantly like a normal arrest?. Idk

Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    It was probably a lengthy investigation, it can take a while.. 1 thing to be arrested, another to be charged.. And when it comes to any kind of child abuse it can take awhile to get enough proof to charge him.. As terrible as it might sound it's hard to convict someone on a child's word..

Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    It was probably a lengthy investigation, it can take a while.. 1 thing to be arrested, another to be charged.. And when it comes to any kind of child abuse it can take awhile to get enough proof to charge him.. As terrible as it might sound it's hard to convict someone on a child's word..
    I personally was raised getting spanked by my parents as a kid if I did something wrong.....IDK what Boley did to his kid, but I think it may had to deal with excessive beating....too much physical punishment is not good for a child, but I also believe that America generally has gotten weak on punishing their kids...with that said, I'm not on anyone's side with little knowledge of the case, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be as ugly as it looks like, cuz I don't understand why Boley is smiling in a mugshot photo, it sure isn't looking pretty for him...
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"Ready to shock the world, Eli?"
    "Let's Do It BUDDY!!!!".

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    I personally was raised getting spanked by my parents as a kid if I did something wrong.....IDK what Boley did to his kid, but I think it may had to deal with excessive beating....too much physical punishment is not good for a child, but I also believe that America generally has gotten weak on punishing their kids...with that said, I'm not on anyone's side with little knowledge of the case, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be as ugly as it looks like, cuz I don't understand why Boley is smiling in a mugshot photo, it sure isn't looking pretty for him...
    Ever take a mug shot ?

On the other hand I like ur stance on this its pretty much how I feel need way more details before I say he's compete trash though I don't like that he doesn't pay his child support wtf..

Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Ever take a mug shot ?

On the other hand I like ur stance on this its pretty much how I feel need way more details before I say he's compete trash though I don't like that he doesn't pay his child support wtf..
    No, I haven't, but I don't think it's something you should be happy about taking....
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"Ready to shock the world, Eli?"
    "Let's Do It BUDDY!!!!".

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    No, I haven't, but I don't think it's something you should be happy about taking....
    Lol no but if ur gonna take one it looks better to smile than to look like a gangsta or somethin ... U go in in your nicest close n cheese plus the process is annoying finger prints r done n a CPU scan you're there for like an hour and you gotta take the pics a certain way ..def if your a celeb bc u know it'll be leaked..

im about to throw out the autographed mini helmet I bought of him...I mentioned it before I bought it for Christmas for my brother guy gets released a month later..SMH