Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN ANTHONY and the team...

Carmelo Anthony had really stepped up and taken his game to a new level, playing winning basketball most of this season. The last two games, he has reverted to me-first hero ball BS.

I can't even explain how disappointed I was in this game. We started out strong and then Anthony and JR took their foot off the pedal, as if Boston was going to just roll over and give up. SMH. They were content to trade baskets with Boston and were only playing at 80% speed the rest of the first half.

Second half came around and they thought they could just turn it around and turn it on and that would be the end of Boston, but that's not the mindset of a champion. That is not winning basketball. That is not how you close out series. Furthermore, I am disappointed in Woodson for not giving guys on the bench more playing time. For not recognizing the problems the team was having on this night and not trying something different to inject some energy into the team.

This game was also two wasted performances by Felton and Shumpert who were the only rotation players that played both well and 100% the whole game.

Melo and JR shot a combined 11-38. The worst part is they were not trying to create for their teammates. There were a lot of poor iso shots forced against double teams, etc. That is not how we won 50+ games and that is not how we won the first 3 games in the series.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE not to give 100% effort for the whole game in a playoff game, in your own building. NONE.

Even if we go on to win this series, this game took away a lot of the good that had been built up over the season. This is not a contending team anymore. There is no way a true contending team's stars/main players lose intensity and take most of a half off in a playoff game like that. I have seen a lot of basketball in the last 30 years and that is a bad omen. And, it is an even worse indicator that Woodson didn't recognize it/did not do something to shake his "stars" out of their doldrums or make an adjustment to take away Boston's rhythm/momentum.

I hope they come out in Game 6 and play hard for the whole game, unless they are up by 20 points in the last 4 minutes of the game.

I am also disappointed in Chandler and Kidd and the veterans for not getting in Melo and JR's face and pointing them in the right direction.

Unfortunately, adversity reveals character, the adversity of the past two games is showing that the Knicks are not quite championship material. If they beat Boston, they will have the second round to get back on track, but it's looking pretty scary right now.

vCash
    One comment and I'm out....I. Can't be on the site until Saturday it just increases my blood pressure lmao.......we need to beat these muther****ers

vCash
    I don't mean it in an i told you so kind of way, but i've never been a fan of 'Melo-ball, and its the reason i've been hesitant to go "all-in" with 'Melo so-to-speak. Playoff basketball is a horse of a different color. Defenses become stingy and 'Melo can be too predictable at times. I don't think its a coincidence that on an individual level, 'Melo has struggled more often than not in the post-season.

I still have faith, but if we lose this series i will never again give 'Melo the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by Kashmir13579; 05-02-2013 at 12:23 AM.

vCash
    This was the worst performance considering the circumstances i have ever seen. Ide be lieing if i said i wasnt at least a bit worried.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    agreed with every word you said....I was feeling so good about this team after game 3 ....even with JR being suspended. I just thought the team was focused.

The series changed the moment Melo missed those Fts in game 4....gotta knock those down.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Bad game.. We will win 1 out of 2.
    Last edited by Shawn2timer; 05-02-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Boston is trash. Did yall see the horrible ball handling from celtics in the 4th quarter ? They were sloppy as hell. The sad part is that the knicks were just as bad during that stretch and could not take advantage of boston's poor ball handling and turnovers.. I don't know what to say at this point

vCash
    I must be shell shocked from the 2004 American League Championship Series. But this situation has got me worried.

vCash
    Hello guys im new to this site and um I just wanna say thanks for accepting me here and to start things ima get straight to the pointwtf happened last night?do I think we will the series..? I know we will win the series...mike woodson got out coached yesterday by doc thats all....and jr smith is beginning to look lost and inconsistent again...who knows what the hell melo is thinking...raymond and shumphert are playing very good....but I know we will win sunday....no ands buts if....actually I predict the knicks close out the series friday night on a low scoring affair....THE NBA HAS TO MAKE THESE PLAYOFFS INTERESTING BY HELPING THE CS....dont panic we still lead the series and well win...cmon guys think positive...

vCash
    If we lose (with the momentum in Boston favor it looks like we might) I will never forgive Melo and I will never support him ever again!

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Yup this is the Anthony all the denver fans were happy to see lose. He is a CHOKE and nothing more. The tony romo of basketball..and dont even get me started on JR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    If we lose (with the momentum in Boston favor it looks like we might) I will never forgive Melo and I will never support him ever again!

i second this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    I must be shell shocked from the 2004 American League Championship Series. But this situation has got me worried.
    x2!!!!

vCash
    Yeah Melo has to get off that hero ****. It's like he's totally forgotten what's got us here. Just swing the ball when the extra defender cheats in his direction and our offense becomes much better.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    Same thing we me man. I was telling my girl throughout the game that the 04' experience has me feeling more worried than I probably should be. I just keep having flashbacks to that year thinking, its no big deal we lost game 4 we'll just get them game 5. Then we lost game 5 and I was like its still fine, all we need to do is win 1 out of two no big deal. Then we lost game 6 and I STILL THOUGHT no problem, we just have to get a game at home, theres no way they win four straight.

We all know what happened next. Please Knicks dont become the first basketball team to have this happen to them and PLEASE dont let it be Boston that doest it again.

New York Jets: 1-3 soon to be 1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

As of 9/4/14

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast