Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

If the raptors somehow get the number one pick

If the raptors somehow get the #1 pick what would you do with it? draft best player and keep him. trade it in a package? other?

Also just a quick conspiracy theory if the raptors somehow got the #1 pick this year then there is no arguing that the draft is rigged, just saying.

vCash
    It's rigged either way, lol.

If we got the #1 pick I'd look to trade it down for Anthony Bennett. That would be my risky *** choice. But I wouldn't be mad if we just kept it and drafted BPA.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Take McLemore if we get 1st.
    Take McLemore/Noel if we get 2nd.
    Take Bennett if we get 3rd.

Would need to be a legit All-Star we're acquiring if we trade McLemore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    It's rigged either way, lol.

If we got the #1 pick I'd look to trade it down for Anthony Bennett. That would be my risky *** choice. But I wouldn't be mad if we just kept it and drafted BPA.
    Reason I'm asking is because if we couldn't even develop Ross last year and we want to be a playoff team this year whoever we draft won't get minutes. Unless of course there's a new coach around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Reason I'm asking is because if we couldn't even develop Ross last year and we want to be a playoff team this year whoever we draft won't get minutes. Unless of course there's a new coach around.
    Yeah it's tough, i'd expect us to look for a trade for other assets if we got the #1 pick. Anybody we choose at 1 will have a higher talent base than Ross.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I don't see a clear cut #1.

I consider trading down for multiple picks & to dump Fields salary.

With the amnesty option available on Bargnani assuming he cannot be traded for something of value, Raptors could potentially knock 17mil off the books moving Fields. Wait out Klieza's 5mil expiring, use it as a potential deadline trade asset.

Mclemore
    Olidipo
    Smart
    Burke
    Porter

would be my top choices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post

With the amnesty option available on Bargnani assuming he cannot be traded for something of value, Raptors could potentially knock 17mil off the books moving Fields. Wait out Klieza's 5mil expiring, use it as a potential deadline trade asset.

Mclemore
    Olidipo
    Smart
    Burke
    Porter

would be my top choices.
    Smart is staying in school.

vCash
    If Raptors landed #1

Trade (Fields + #1) to Cavs for (Cap space, #3, #19)

vCash
    I would want to deal it for a 2014 1st rounder. Try and stockpile as many picks as possible in that draft to offer a package to whomever is in position to draft Andrew Wiggins. This draft isn't relatively deep and I don't see a need to draft a project or bench compliment so dealing the pick is probably in the best interest of the team moving forward.

vCash

Mclemore
    Olidipo
    Smart
    Burke
    Porter

would be my top choices.
    I don't think Smart declared for the draft.
    I'd take Noel and move Valanciunas to the 5 or add noel for some front court depth.
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    If Raptors landed #1

Trade (Fields + #1) to Cavs for (Cap space, #3, #19)
    I don't think it's necessary to include the #1 (McLemore) in order to just shed's Field's contract.

SG is such a thin position in the league that you could probably turn Ross+ Fields into a PF of Amir's caliber.

This is all moot though because there is like what? A 7/1000 chance we land the top pick anyways?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    I don't think Smart declared for the draft.
    I'd take Noel and move Valanciunas to the 5 or add noel for some front court depth.
    I like Noel's game & him as a prospect & think what you presented is a nice idea but for me injuries like he had at his age scare me off when considering his type of game/playing style. (His game relies on his athleticism)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    I don't think it's necessary to include the #1 (McLemore) in order to just shed's Field's contract.

SG is such a thin position in the league that you could probably turn Ross+ Fields into a PF of Amir's caliber.

This is all moot though because there is like what? A 7/1000 chance we land the top pick anyways?
    Thread is a hypothetical question.

#1 Mclemore

vs

Dumping Fileds 6mil 2y contract, #3 Olidipo, Burke, #19 Saric, Giannis

I like how Mclemore's game would fit in this rotation but option 2 maximizes the value of the #1 pick better, IMO.

vCash
    Trade it for a future 2014 1st.

- Raptors 2013 1st Overall to Charlotte/Orlando/Phoenix for future 2014 1st rd pick
    - Bargnani + Ross to Charlotte/Orlando/Phoenix for future 2014 1st rd pick

If in 2014 those picks don't end up being #1 then you package them both to get the number #1 pick.

This will not happen, but I'm bored at work so there you have it. I solved the all the Raptors problems in less than 5 mins.

You can thank me later folks

Dishing out some love...and droppin dimes

"If I was in the parking lot I'd jack him up"
    - Jack Armstrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayman View Post
    Trade it for a future 2014 1st.

- Raptors 2013 1st Overall to Charlotte/Orlando/Phoenix for future 2014 1st rd pick
    - Bargnani + Ross to Charlotte/Orlando/Phoenix for future 2014 1st rd pick

If in 2014 those picks don't end up being #1 then you package them both to get the number #1 pick.

This will not happen, but I'm bored at work so there you have it. I solved the all the Raptors problems in less than 5 mins.

You can thank me later folks

I actually love this idea. However, I would say specifically unprotected 1st round picks..but I don't think you can dump that much salary in Bargs and Ross and not take anything but a draft pick back..

On the topic of draft rigging though, I would be vastly disappointed if we won the number 1 pick again this year when there is no clear cut superstar in this years draft class that can change a franchise. It happened in 2006 the only other time we won the lottery, so if it happens again this year I would start thinking David Stern has something against us..

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast