Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jamison unlikely to return

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...C1513081.story

Lakers forward Antawn Jamison will undergo wrist surgery at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.

The Lakers' veteran forward suffered an injury on March 22 in a loss to the Washington Wizards. An MRI revealed ligament damage but Jamison played through discomfort to help his team finish the season.

Injuries hindered the Lakers all year especially in the playoffs as they were swept by the San Antonio Spurs, with Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks and Metta World Peace all missing time.

Jamison skipped his exit interview with the team on Monday despite the Lakers' efforts to contact him, according to a team spokesman.

After coming to the Lakers on a one-year, veteran's minimum contract ($1.35 million), Jamison is not expected back.

In 76 appearances, Jamison averaged 9.4 points and 4.8 rebounds while shooting 46.4% from the field and 36.1% from three-point range.

vCash
    Good. He can take his non-existent defense somewhere else.

vCash
    Oh well, bye. You know how to tell when your roster blows? When 36-year-old journeyman Jamison is your best bench player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Oh well, bye. You know how to tell when your roster blows? When 36-year-old journeyman Jamison is your best bench player.
    He was an all-star at one point remember?

vCash
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    First step to getting younger.

vCash
    Not a big deal, only way I would keep him would be for the minimum again.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    He was an all-star at one point remember?
    Well, it hasn't been that point in a long time. But hey... I said he was our best bench player, didn't I? He's an OK 7th, 8th man.

vCash
    dont hit your head on the door on your way out.

vCash
    I didn't expect him to come back. I'd rather Jordan hill get the playing time anyway.

vCash
    I always like Jamison. Feel he could have helped if he was in the right role this year which he was not. Too much inconsistent time ******* D'Antoni man. I wish Jamison well. We need youth and defense anyways.

vCash
    Don't blame him at all. He took 800k to play for a team who had a coach in brown that played him out of position, a coach who benched him without every saying why in Dantoni, and with a wrist that needed surgery.

He could very well still start on most teams in the league. He damn sure can make me money. He surely can find a better locker room and team with less injuries. He can even retire playing at home for the bobcats as a starting 4 and locker room leader thus possibly ensuring himself a future position with the team after his playing days.

He was a true professional, he produced far more than he cost, was a better 4 than Pau or Clark, and he didnt sign up or take a payout for a injury riddle team with no coaching leadership or player direction without Kobe holding shot together as was clear as day once Kobe went out.

Thanks for the year, go join the 20k club elsewhere, and have fun retiring in a useful role

13. 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM
    Reason
    insults/disruptive - kingbrentg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kblo247 View Post
    Don't blame him at all. He took 800k to play for a team who had a coach in brown that played him out of position, a coach who benched him without every saying why in Dantoni, and with a wrist that needed surgery.

He could very well still start on most teams in the league. He damn sure can make me money. He surely can find a better locker room and team with less injuries. He can even retire playing at home for the bobcats as a starting 4 and locker room leader thus possibly ensuring himself a future position with the team after his playing days.

He was a true professional, he produced far more than he cost, was a better 4 than Pau or Clark, and he didnt sign up or take a payout for a injury riddle team with no coaching leadership or player direction without Kobe holding shot together as was clear as day once Kobe went out.

Thanks for the year, go join the 20k club elsewhere, and have fun retiring in a useful role
    Well said... All the hate is simply dumb. Dude is a quality rotational player at this point

I wish him well

vCash
    Would rather have Hill in the game. While he can't shoot 3's, he does play with energy, and plays good defense.

Jamison was inconsistent and a nightmare to watch on defense. Cool dude, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    Would rather have Hill in the game. While he can't shoot 3's, he does play with energy, and plays good defense.

Jamison was inconsistent and a nightmare to watch on defense. Cool dude, though.
    Jamison was quite consistent in getting us that 28-12 record after the break. His minutes went to **** all once Pau returned outside the Houston and SA games to close the year where Dantoni gave him SF time with both bigs.

Feb - 14ppg, 5rpg, 1apg, 1blk, 48.5%fg, 43% threes, 26mpg
    March - 11ppg, 6rpg, 47%fg, 40% theees, 23mpg
    April - 9ppg, 4rpg, 43%fg, 38% threes, 20mpg (all with a torn wrist ligament)

Lakers actually paid him less money than Morris, Meeks, Ebanks, and Duhon. He got 800k from the Lakers because he came here to win, took a payout to win, played hurt to win, and dealt with the coaches and their bs to win

I mean you can't really say he wasnt worth his pay or that he didnt help this team win games. He was a true professional in every sense of the word. That said, LA may as well look to Odom and Brand both of whom lost a step but could be useful for the min, while Jamsion goes and gets a set role and the pay he deserves

Plus Pringles doesn't like Hill anyhow sadly
    Last edited by kblo247; 04-29-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast