Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who was your favourite pick of the draft?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ziggy Ansah, DE, 1st

4 18.18%
  • Darius Slay, CB, 2nd

4 18.18%
  • Larry Warford, RG, 3rd

11 50.00%
  • Devin Taylor, DE, 4th

1 4.55%
  • Sam Martin, P, 5th

1 4.55%
  • Corey Fuller, WR, 6th

0 0%
  • Theo Riddick, RB, 6th

1 4.55%
  • Michael Williams, TE, 7th

0 0%
  • Brandon Hepburn, LB, 7th

0 0%
    vCash

Which pick was your favourite?

For me, its close. I love the fact that we addressed the lines early on, so getting Warford in the 3rd was an absolute steal. I have to go with Ziggy though.

I think it was a ballsy pick by a FO with their jobs on the line, and if Ziggy ends up playing like a top 5 pick, our D-Line is gonna be nasty. If our D-Line is able to turn the game on its head, imagine pairing that with a QB-WR that already has the ability (not to mention a RB in Bush who could win a game or two on his own).

Ziggy as an average defender fills a big need.

Ziggy as the star our FO thinks he can be gets us one step closer to the championship.

vCash
    I like the Warford pick cause now we might be able to increase our YPC...we need somewhat of a run game.

vCash
    Warford...whenever you can get a starter in the 3rd round is a huge plus. As silly as this sound Sam Martin is probably my 2nd fav.

vCash
    I Liked the Larry Warford pick because he is a mauler on the oline...I expect to see a push on that side of the line now. Not only did it fill a need but they got good value for the pick.

vCash
    warford hands down... value, improving staff's time to throw, bush's holes to run... all around good pick.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Of that list, Warford. Will be nice to see a Mauler on the line for once.

But the Fauria signing as an UDFA is certainly my favorite draft related move. Seems like he may be able to make a nice impact as a receiving TE
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Slay

vCash
    Riddick. He's ridiculous. Watch how throughout the years he's going to impact our offense.

vCash
    favorite with a u? are you canadian?
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    favorite with a u? are you canadian?
    Damn straight

vCash
    Warford tops the list. Michael Williams is another guy I really wanted for a long time. We might finally actually have a FB to use on 3rd and short.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Damn straight

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Warford tops the list. Michael Williams is another guy I really wanted for a long time. We might finally actually have a FB to use on 3rd and short.
    Not only that, but a monster of a FB at that. Sucks that Will Heller probably won't be here. Got to get bigger, cheaper and younger, though.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    i liked the larry warford pick because he is a mauler on the oline...i expect to see a push on that side of the line now. Not only did it fill a need but they got good value for the pick.
    x2

Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

vCash
    Devin Taylor - The Guy is a flat out freak and has crazy upside I honestly expect to see him take over as a starter for Jason Jones at some point this upcoming season which would improve our depth with Jones being able to backup every spot on the line

My 2nd favorite pick is Larry Warford I have been wanting a mauling guard for quite some time
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Devin Taylor - The Guy is a flat out freak and has crazy upside I honestly expect to see him take over as a starter for Jason Jones at some point this upcoming season which would improve our depth with Jones being able to backup every spot on the line

My 2nd favorite pick is Larry Warford I have been wanting a mauling guard for quite some time
    No starter on this team will ever lose his job during the course of the season unless he is traded or injured (or Titus Young) and especially not to a rookie. Last season was a prime example of this. Devin Taylor may or may not become a starter that is a fact. If Jason Jones does not earn a starting job in the same defensive scheme that he developed in before all but 1 current member of our defense (Stephen Tulloch), then he should be cut. Not benched, not used in sub-packages, not used in situational plays but cut completely. Anything else than Jason Jones starting is inexcusable on his part.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    or go bang your wife
    PSD Lions Forum: Where excellence happens.