Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dallas Stars Offseason Thread

Well another season sitting at home watching the playoffs. They've already made a huge change by firing Joe Nieuwendyk and it looks like Gulutzan is gone too. I'm not sure if it's official or not, but I've seen a few reports that have said that we've hired Jim Nill from the Red Wings. If so, this is a HUGE hire for us.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Dallas is definitely going in the right direction. The returns for Roy and Jagr weren't great but they'll definitely help speed up the process of being a good team. Dallas' rookies played really well after some of the vets were traded, Chiasson especially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Dallas is definitely going in the right direction. The returns for Roy and Jagr weren't great but they'll definitely help speed up the process of being a good team. Dallas' rookies played really well after some of the vets were traded, Chiasson especially.
    I agree, I'm really excited about the direction Gaglardi is going with this team. It'll be great to have this team return to the perennial cup contender we were through out the mid to late 90's and into the early 00's.

vCash
    Adios Gulutzan. I don't really think he got a fair shake, and would have liked to have seen what he could do without the monetary limitations he had. He did have the team fighting for a playoff spot until the end, but it'll be interesting to see who Nill brings in.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nhl/story/...tzan-2-seasons

vCash
    Anyone find it ironic that the Stars hired as their new HC the same guy who they faced in 1999 when they won the Stanley Cup, Lindy Ruff? And yes, it was a goal!!!!

vCash
    Nill is making huge moves as the new GM, and he's taken some of Detroit's scouting staff with him now. Nichuskin and Seguin are going to make the forward group look a lot different next year.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    Still think Nichushkin ends up being the second best forward out of this draft. Detroit was trying to move up when he slid past Calgary you guys got a steal here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Still think Nichushkin ends up being the second best forward out of this draft. Detroit was trying to move up when he slid past Calgary you guys got a steal here.
    I would've loved him as the Wings' pick. I'm happy with Mantha but the difference between the two is pretty huge.