Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If You're AA, and could go back in time to March 15th...

What would you do?

The season's over by April. No one saw that coming. But, if AA could go back in time to March 15th what do you think he would do?

I can't think of too much. Maybe trade Boni to Atlanta when they expressed interest. Maybe pursue Morneau before the season begins. I don't know. Not a lot of time to right this mess.
    Last edited by BlueJaysGirl; 04-29-2013 at 10:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaysGirl View Post
    What would you do?

The season's over by April. No one saw that coming. But, if AA could go back in time to March 15th what do you think he would do?

I can't think of too much. Maybe trade Boni to Atlanta when they expressed interest. Maybe pursue Morneau before the season begins. I don't know. Not a lot of time to right this mess.
    Go away

vCash
    Jesus christ

vCash
    What would you do?

Is it gong to be a tough, uphill battle to get back in to playoff contention? Yes. Is there a good chance the Jays won't be able to overcome the deficit and at least grab a WC spot? Sure. Is the season over in April? C'mon, that's just stupid. I know we are all disappointed and frustrated, and that they have created a deep hole for themselves, but the reverse bandwagon folks are piling on is just silly.

vCash
    Okay, so let's say he traded away Boni or may be acquired Morneau, Do you think it would have made a difference in April? The team struggled as a whole. First the pitching was off and now it seems like the SPs have come around. The hitting has been awful the entire month. Lots of guys have been on slump at the same time. I don't think Morneau would have helped much. This team is a good one and they are off to a very slow start. Just like how they had a terrible April, they are capable of having an amazing May. That's how baseball goes. Season is not over and let's see how they do in May before judging the season.

vCash
    Season isn't over, but they do need to go approximately 84-52 to finish the season. Certainly not impossible, but looking less and less likely with each loss. Keep in mind folks, the 93' Jays went 2-12 over a stretch, but it was in the middle of the season so it was slightly less noticeable.

vCash
    The sad thing about this 1-6 road trip was we could have gone 7-0 just as easily. We need timely hitting and our pitchers need to put quality starts consistently

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    The sad thing about this 1-6 road trip was we could have gone 7-0 just as easily. We need timely hitting and our pitchers need to put quality starts consistently
    Have to agree here. A loss is still a loss, but some more timely hitting, or a few less defensive gaffes and we are having different conversations in this forum. Just have to hope our guys start playing to their career norms sooner rather than later....

vCash
    26/162 = 0.16
    0.16*100 = 16%

84% still remains.

vCash
    Exactly what have any of the ex-Jay players traded last year proved that they are any better?

vCash

History suggests Blue Jays face long odds to overcome slow start

vCash
    When someone invents a time machine, then I can get into this, but this is what we can expect until either we get turned around soon, at least headed in the right direction, or TD comes around and we are trying to sell rather than buy that 1 missing bat we need for a Sept. run. I assume if its the latter, Gibbons will have been gone by then, and AA will be walking around with a disguise on so Rogers can't find him!
    Last edited by wagnall; 04-29-2013 at 02:58 PM.

vCash
    What would you do?

When my chick gives me the 'what if what if'? crap I just tell her to shut up.

Hopefully you take this well, go sit in a corner with gum on your nose and think about what you are writing.

vCash
    ^lol

vCash
    What would you do?

Trade Bonifacio to Atlanta? Are you suggesting that just to get him out of town after a bad month or is there something in particular that you would have liked to see in return to make it viable.

Pursue Morneau? If Anthopoulos' time machines works, why would he trade for Morneau who at the moment of this post has a line of .253/.303/.386 with a .304 wOBA/91 wRC+. Adam Lind has done better than that to this point, albeit in less plate appearances.

As for the Season being over by April, if hypothetically the Blue Jays sweet Boston in this next series (and I'm by no means suggesting or predicting that this will happen) will you still think the season is over?

As bad as things are, it's easy to be pessimistic about this team and many of you have chosen to look at the obvious negatives (and that's your prerogative) but if we're being objective about this, can we admit they're probably at rock bottom or close to it? Shouldn't we expect things get better? I mean, maybe they won't make the playoffs but we can reasonably expect them to play better than the .350 win% they're currently at for the remaining 5 months?
    Last edited by mtf; 04-29-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast