Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Will Dwight Howard ever be "the man" on a championship-level team again?

Names are made in the postseason. Reputations are also destroyed in the postseason. I get LA had a tumultuous year but Dwight just laid an absolute egg when he had the chance to show all his doubters (including probably Kobe) what he was made of in the postseason as a leader. But he came up woefully short, culminating in him being ejected in the final game of an embarrassing sweep.

Dwight will still surely get a max deal this offseason, but how can anyone expect him to be the man and lead a team to a championship after these past couple seasons? Is Dwight just a secondary player/sidekick now?

Thoughts...
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    He laid an absolute egg while scoring and rebound 20 & 15 in game 1, 16 & 9 in game 2, and 25 &11 in game 3.

I don't know about you but this is one of those cases where you absolutely have to take into consideration the fact that our starting PG was injured, as well as our starting SG, our backup PG, our backup SG, and our starting SF.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    He will be in a few years in LA

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Yes, most definitely yes.

1) This guy was injured for most of the season.

2) Give this guy a team that actually fits him.

3) Once you do #2, he will be happy which will make him play hard every game

So yes I think he can and will be the man on a championship level team.

vCash
    No, and the fact that he ever was speaks volumes about the state of "big men" in the modern NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Novak43 View Post
    No, and the fact that he ever was speaks volumes about the state of "big men" in the modern NBA.
    Do you really think he declined that fast at his young age?

vCash
    i don't know...he's got the skills but i don't think he has the right mindset. seems like a big baby, and everything has to be just right for him to succeed. of course its hard to say because i know he was hurting as well.

vCash
    If he ever grows up, He can't handle being on his own in LA or ever being "The Man"

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    He laid an absolute egg while scoring and rebound 20 & 15 in game 1, 16 & 9 in game 2, and 25 &11 in game 3.

I don't know about you but this is one of those cases where you absolutely have to take into consideration the fact that our starting PG was injured, as well as our starting SG, our backup PG, our backup SG, and our starting SF.
    You forgot to mention game 4's 7pts 8rbs and completely quitting on his team. A supposedly top player doesn't get a pass because his team has injuries. They were essentially blown out every game-- they lost by an average of 26 points per game at home.

I didn't see a reassertion that he's a leader or a go-to guy on a champion. He's not fit being a first option.

vCash
    1.they (who ever he signs with) have surround him with shooters.
    2.he has to continue to work on his post game and back to basket game (also includes passing out the double team, which if #1 is done, it's easier to do so)
    3.he has to get his maturity level up and learn to keep his composure. realize you are going to get fouled a lot, and use that energy to dominate, not complain.

some stuff has to happen for him to be "the man" i think. but he should really focus on getting better in the post with his decision making/patience/etc...

vCash
    In a word NO....

vCash
    How did anybody think he would succeed in LA with the ****** perimeter shooters they have?

vCash
    He will go to Houston or another team where he can hide behind other players...

vCash
    Lakers should try and get Lamarcus Aldridge and whoever get the #1 pick trade it for Dwight to get Noel so Kobe can mold him.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvo View Post
    Lakers should try and get Lamarcus Aldridge and whoever get the #1 pick trade it for Dwight to get Noel so Kobe can mold him.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh aa.

What are you gonna give up for LMA? Pau?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast