Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Dwight?

vCash

Bye Bye Dwight?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-this-summer/

According to several sources familiar with Howard’s thinking, Howard will likely explore free agency before reaching his final decision. In today’s media landscape, that means there will be a circus in July while Howard hears pitches from the likes of the Dallas Mavericks and Cleveland Cavaliers.

vCash
    fantastic job Jimbaco.....................................

vCash
    I really could see him going to Cleveland. It feels like the right city for him and with a chance to play with Kyrie Irving, I mean that is better then anything we can offer him to play with.

vCash
    If he's gonna leave, then let his a-s-s leave then. I really hope Laker fans don't concern ourselves with this issue, but instead just hope we reach championship levels next year.

Today could be Howard's last game in LA. If so, then deuces.

Simple as that.

vCash
    Looks like Crooner's sig was on point

GO LAKERS

vCash
    My question is what could this team possibly look like by next year, if Dwight walks?

Who do we sign?

Pretty sure we keep Pau.

Do we go after guards?

This turn out go be best for us...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshow12 View Post
    If he's gonna leave, then let his a-s-s leave then. I really hope Laker fans don't concern ourselves with this issue, but instead just hope we reach championship levels next year.

Simple as that.
    Letting Dwight walk would be the worst move ever. What is your problem with Dwight? Pau is getting older and his defense is getting worse then what it is. We gave up way too much to let Howard go with nothing in return.

vCash
    if dwight walks away lakers will pursue bynum back..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    There is no news here.

OF COURSE D12 is going to fully explore free agency before signing with someone. He'd be an idiot not to.

OF COURSE there's going to be a media circus. After Howard's drama in Orlando the press will be picking at him and this story until it bleeds -- that's their job. (And they have nothing else to sell during the summer.)

OF COURSE the Lakers are in a fix, but the truth is that has nothing to do with Howard. The big story is still Kobe, only now instead of wondering how long he'll play, we have to wonder how long it takes him to come back, how well he can play when he returns, how he's going to respond to his new old self, and only then do we get back to the question of how long he's going to stick around, and what that does to our cap and options in the next 2-3 years.

There's no way to avoid all this by pretending we'd be a ton better of Howard walked. We have to wait, take our lumps, see what Howard decides, and go from there. If D12 leaves or stays it's fine with me. If he leaves it just makes it more obvious where our problems really are, and forces us to deal with them sooner. If he stays we know who we're building around.

vCash
    Major let down with Dwight, could be his injuries, competitiveness, lack of mental toughness or unqualified leadership - or combination of all the above.

Obviously, he didn't flourish in the environment this year BUT all could be different next year.

Unsure, ugh.
    Avatar will not change until the Angels reach .500
    thanks to popo85 for sig

vCash
    Nothing new here, he'll test FA.

There's 50-50 chance he'll re-signs, everyone including Lakers FO knew that before.

vCash
    Of course he is going to explore free agency. Every free agent does so this isn't news or any indication that Dwight is gone.

vCash
    I don't believe Tim Duncan explored free agency.

I don't belive Kevin Durant explored free agency.
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshow12:26075714

Simple as that.
    Not as simple as that. How are the Lakers going to reach championship level by letting one of the better players in the league walk?

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    I feel nothing.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast