Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How do you grade this pick?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

5 50.00%
  • C

2 20.00%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

3 30.00%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NFL Draft Round 3: Buccaneers Select Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State

-Via ESPN

vCash
    Bit of a surprise.

vCash
    I'm not thrilled about drafting a Quarterback, but I do feel he was the best QB available.

Here is a scouting report on Glennon:
    Mike Glennon’s name has been brought up as a possible high first round pick due to the lack of a clear-cut #1 QB this year. While he possesses the prototypical size, NFL arm and ability to run an offense, I see enough holes in his game that would make me very hesitant about drafting him in the first round. His lack of mobility in the pocket and inability to step up vs. the rush is a big concern for me. When he has a clean pocket and time he can make any throw and “wow” you at times. However, when faced with a rush he breaks down and will throw off his back foot, or speed things up usually ending up in a mistake.

Glennon absolutely has talent, but he doesn’t have Matthew Stafford’s arm, he is severely limited athletically and struggles in the pocket. As a 2nd-3rd round pick with adequate time to develop and grow he could be an NFL starter. But, he’s not ready to be “the guy” in the NFL yet and to rush him would likely inhibit his development and limit his ceiling.
    Read more here.

vCash
    **** this ****
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    Unexpected but we'll see what's he capable of

vCash
    Not happy with this pick but I'm not against a capable back up!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Lmao this guy could've been had round 4. The Dline line is an unknown . LB's suspect . And went Glennon. Lmao

vCash
    if you believe hes the best qb available mayb its ok in a vacuum

when you look at our team, our needs and players available it was a horrible pick

Dom said he wouldnt force it and he just forced it...exactly what he did forced the **** out of it

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    It felt a little forced.

vCash
    Not a Bucs fan but popped in to see what you guys thought of this pick. Glennon was the most intriguing guy going into the draft IMO, because I knew he would probably be a 3rd or 4th, but I think he is going to be a star. I think you are going to look back on this one with a lot of enthusiasm, and think you stole one here

vCash
    They said in the Press Conference that they thought QB was an area where they could improve the draft and they said he was the highest rated player on their board. So they felt it was the absolute right pick with who was available and our needs.

They mentioned talking about trading up for him in the bottom of the 2nd...they must have had him pretty high.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox:26053211
    Lmao this guy could've been had round 4. The Dline line is an unknown . LB's suspect . And went Glennon. Lmao
    Lmao lmao lmao, gfy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    whats up wit the ny picture? and I agree also this was a weird pick.

vCash
    After letting this soak in for a while, I actually like this pick quite a bit, especially after studying up on him some more.

Before I go any further, I wasn't expecting us to draft a QB and didn't want to draft one with a few other areas we needed to address. Also, I do not think Freeman's job is in jeopardy. I think Freeman is going to dominate in 2013 and lead us deep into the playoffs. I can definitely see Josh getting a long term extension after this year, too.

Now on to Glennon. If you can evaluate this guy with an open mind, there's a lot to like about this cat. I watched six of his games tonight against UNC, Clemson, Clemson again, Louisville, Miami, and FSU. The first thing you will notice is that he has an absolute cannon. Not very man quarterbacks in the NFL have the arm strength that this guy has. It's a huge plus that he has the ability to excel in a vertical passing offense. He would have no trouble connecting to Vincent Jackson or Mike Williams on a deep ball. I also liked that he was able to go through his reads. He didn't always lock on to his first read like Josh seems to have a bad habit of doing.

The other big thing that I noticed was that his supporting cast was awful. It was like watching the 2011 Buccaneers all over again. Glennon was constantly on his back, was getting little help from the running game, and was forced to make plays because they were typically trailing in the game. Did I mention that the receivers were not getting separation? Awful, awful supporting cast. It was actually pretty remarkable that he was able to put up decent numbers with the team that was surrounded him. I think if he plays behind an offensive line like ours combined with our weapons, he has a great chance to succeed.

I'm also a sucker for intangibles. Like Josh Freeman, everything I have read suggests that Glennon is a film junkie with a great work ethic. He also seems like a very intelligent man from what I have read and watched during interviews. Teammates and coaches respect him, too. I couldn't find any red flags regarding his character.

My last thoughts: If you can ignore the politics surrounding this pick, it's certainly not as bad as many people make it out to be. Having a second potential stud at quarterback is a huge plus. The Quarterback position is the most important position in all of sports, and I truly believe it's never a bad idea to invest in a second quarterback.

vCash
    They had to think of him very highly to take him in the 3rd. Theyre probably expecting a rush of QBs to come off the board in the 3rd/4th so they took the guy they wanted. It makes sense if they really liked him and I read that Dom said we didnt really have any glaring holes on our roster. All of the worthy TEs were gone so we must have our eyes on guys later in the rounds. Should be an interesting day 3.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast