Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

RD 2.60 | Robert Alford | CB, SE Louisiana

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../robert-alford
    03/29/2013 - 2013 Southeastern Louisiana Pro Day: Robert Alford draws scouts, coaches to Southeastern Louisiana...Southeastern Louisiana hosted 18 NFL teams for its pro day on a March 26. Defensive back coaches from the New Orleans Saints, Oakland Raiders and St. Louis Rams were on-hand to see cornerback Robert Alford on a chilly, 43-degree day. Five Lions ran drills and were joined by one player from Henderson State. Robert Alford, CB (5-10 1/2, 186) - Alford did a positional workout and people said he looked smooth and quick. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com
    OVERVIEW
    Alford was a high school wide receiver who also ran track, and followed in his brother Duke Adams' footsteps in deciding to play football for the Lions. Another brother, Fred Booker, played for LSU and later for the New Orleans Saints.
    After missing the 2008 season, Alford started nine of 10 games at cornerback the following year. He was second on the team with five pass breakups and finished with 46 tackles.

He was granted a medical redshirt due to injury in 2010, and returned the following season to start 11 games and earn All-Southland second-team honors while picking off five passes and breaking up seven more.

Alford became a first-team all-conference player in 2012 and was named to the Buck Buchanan Award List. He finished the season with 39 tackles and a team-high four interceptions, giving him 10 for his career.

Alford became just the second Southeastern Louisiana player invited to the Senior Bowl, and the first since Ronnine Hornsby scored the South's lone touchdown on an interception return in 1970. Alford aims to become the Lions' first NFL Draft pick since the school resumed the program in 2003.
    ANALYSIS
    Scouts been buzzing about Alford, a 6-0, 185-pound corner who moves better than his size would indicate. The Senior Bowl has historically unearthed a number of "diamonds in the rough" in the defensive backfield, so Alford has a strong precedent to follow.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 04-26-2013 at 08:50 PM.

vCash
    I was shocked and disappointed to hear another corner picked until I read and heard every expert strongly praise it. Plus Samuel won't be around forever so I've quickly flipped over to like it.

vCash
    I like it a lot. Caught me off guard drafting another corner but in today's NFL I have zero problems stacking our roster with a lot of capable corners.

vCash

vCash
    LOL, Trufant with the TD saving tackle.

vCash

vCash
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/2...tlanta-falcons
    Many mock draft predictions had Alford hopping off the boards towards the end of the first round, so it looks like the Falcons got quite a steal as Alford became the first Southeastern Louisiana player to be drafted since the school's football program started again in 2003.

vCash
    The funny thing is I have Alford as my #2 rated corner behind DJ Hayden.

So you can understand that I love the Alford pick. He's a real favorite of mine.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    I was wondering this last night:
    Did we feel CB was that big of a need or was this plain and simple best player available?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    The funny thing is I have Alford as my #2 rated corner behind DJ Hayden.

So you can understand that I love the Alford pick. He's a real favorite of mine.
    Yeah this guy is really good. High upside. Athleticism just off the charts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    I was wondering this last night:
    Did we feel CB was that big of a need or was this plain and simple best player available?
    I think it was more of a best player available at a position of need. The DEs and TEs that were worth that second round grade were all off the board. TDs board was probably wiped out at the other positions and he saw a good player in Alford for the taking high on his board most likely and took him. I love the pick. I complained on our first pick but no complaints here. Could be biased because i know alot of the guy and not much on the other CBs.

vCash
    BPA and need. We lost 3 CBs this offseason, that alone should be enough to convince anyone that we had to make DBs a priority. But most people believe he was one of the underrated prospects out there, so it's good value.

vCash
    Steal deal to me! The guy got quick feet...

vCash
    Falcons fans should be ecstatic that we might finally have a legit punt returner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Falcons fans should be ecstatic that we might finally have a legit punt returner.
    No more slow footed Franks lol.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast