Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Packers sign Rodgers to extension

Great day to be a Packers fan:
    Link

The Green Bay Packers have signed QB Aaron Rodgers to a contract extension. The signing was announced Friday by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

Rodgers, who was drafted by the Packers in the first round (No. 24 overall) in 2005, ranks No. 1 in NFL history (min. 1,500 attempts) with a career passer rating of 104.9. He also ranks No. 1 in league history in career INT percentage (1.73) and TD/INT ratio (3.72) and No. 2 in career completion percentage (65.7). For his career, Rodgers has completed 1,752 of 2,665 passes for 21,661 yards and 171 TDs with 46 INTs.

“Aaron is a true professional and a special player,” Thompson said. “He works hard, is humble, and is focused on his actions, on and off the field. He is an excellent teammate and pushes himself and others to be the very best. We are happy to reach an agreement to extend his career with the Packers.”

Rodgers posted 21,332 passing yards from 2008-12, the most in NFL history by a quarterback in his first five seasons as a starter. In 78 career regular-season starts, he has recorded 28 games with 300-plus passing yards, 43 without an interception and 46 with a 100-plus passer rating. Rodgers was selected to the Pro Bowl three of the past four seasons (2009, 2011-12) and was named the starting quarterback for the NFC squad each of the past two seasons.

“An exciting day for our football program,” Head Coach Mike McCarthy said. “Aaron is an excellent illustration of a Green Bay Packer. It is truly a blessing to witness his continued accomplishments, both on and off the field.”

Rodgers holds four of the top five single-season team marks for passer rating (2009-12), two of the top three for passing TDs (2011-12), three of the top four for completion percentage (2010-12) and two of the top three for passing yards (2009, 2011).

vCash
    Awesome. Twitter is blowing up

Who is the deadliest warrior?

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    40 years, 1 billion.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    40 years, 1 billion.
    Sounds good I mean after all Hawk said a Billion This is really good news for the franchise I am so interested in seeing the lay out of the contract.

vCash
    Great day for our organization. Resign the best QB in the NFL to a long term extension. Don't even care how much he got, he deserves every penny.

vCash

Off season officially a success, in my opinion. Now let's just have a good draft.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    5 year 110 mil it looks like on twitter. 22 per.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    5 year 110 mil it looks like on twitter. 22 per.
    If thats the case it would be 7 years 130 all together(18.5 mil per year average). That is a great deal. I wonder if thats really what it is.

vCash
    Guys, look at that again. One hundred and seventy-one touchdowns, forty-six interceptions.

3.72 touchdowns for every interception.

Let's look at some other guys who are considered the best in football:

Rodgers - 3.72 touchdowns per interception.
    Brady - 2.72 touchdowns per interception.
    Young - 2.17 touchdowns per interception.
    Manning - 2.09 touchdowns per interception.
    Montana - 1.96 touchdowns per interception.
    Brees - 1.96 touchdowns per interception.
    Marino - 1.67 touchdowns per interception.
    Favre - 1.51 touchdowns per interception.
    Staubach - 1.4 touchdowns per interception.
    Elway - 1.33 touchdowns per interception.
    Starr - 1.1 touchdowns per interception.
    Bradshaw - 1.01 touchdowns per interception.

Out of all of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time, even current players, no QB has a better TD-INT ratio. The next best, Tom Freaking Brady, who everybody considers the best ever these days, throws a whole touchdown less per interception. He has over twice as many interceptions, less than twice as many touchdowns, and he's been starting more than twice as long as Rodgers.

And speaking of touchdowns, the all-time leader in touchdowns had 24 less touchdowns at this point in his career.

Aaron Rodgers. The greatest.
    Last edited by Tongue-Splitter; 04-26-2013 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m

Aaron Rodgers new contract: 5 years, $110M. That's $22M per. $40M in the first year (wow). Over $62M in the first three years.

The 2 years and 20 mil he had on his other contract is added onto this though. This is even better news than I thought. I didn't think it would be this cheap honestly. Average of 18.5 mil per year doesn't even make him the highest paid QB.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    40 million in the first year
    62 million in first three years

Similar to Brady's previous extension in 2010, no?

Rodgers will be 36 when his contract expires and we'll eat up almost 60% of his deal in less than half the total contract duration with extension.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Guys, look at that again. One hundred and seventy-one touchdowns, forty-six interceptions.

3.72 touchdowns for every interception.

Let's look at some other guys who are considered the best in football:

Rodgers - 3.72 touchdowns per interception.
    Brady - 2.72 touchdowns per interception.
    Young - 2.17 touchdowns per interception.
    Manning - 2.09 touchdowns per interception.
    Montana - 1.96 touchdowns per interception.
    Brees - 1.96 touchdowns per interception.
    Marino - 1.67 touchdowns per interception.
    Favre - 1.51 touchdowns per interception.
    Staubach - 1.4 touchdowns per interception.
    Elway - 1.33 touchdowns per interception.
    Bradshaw - 1.01 touchdowns per interception.
    Starr - 1.1 touchdowns per interception.

Out of all of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time, even current players, no QB has a better TD-INT ratio. The next best, Tom Freaking Brady, who everybody considers the best ever these days, throws a whole touchdown less per interception. He has over twice as many interceptions, less than twice as many touchdowns, and he's been starting more than twice as long as Rodgers.

And speaking of touchdowns, the all-time leader in touchdowns had 24 less touchdowns at this point in his career.

Aaron Rodgers. The greatest.
    Why do they go in order until the two in bold? I've been out of school for awhile but I still believe 1.1 is higher than 1.01.

Those numbers are insane every time I see them. Its amazing how much higher he is than the best ever.

vCash
    Good for him. Better contract than most were expecting as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    Why do they go in order until the two in bold? I've been out of school for awhile but I still believe 1.1 is higher than 1.01.

Those numbers are insane every time I see them. Its amazing how much higher he is than the best ever.
    Well... I'm in school right now, so... I'm in college... I have a 4.17 GPA... Yeah, there's pretty much no comeback for that. It was a mistake due to copying and pasting after I combined all-time greats and I originally planned on comparing Packer quarterbacks but just put it all together and it was a mistake, my God!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Good for him. Better contract than most were expecting as well.
    Yeah I'm ecstatic. When I was hearing 25 mil per year I was starting to get pretty worried. If I wasn't lazy I'd look up how many QB's average more than 18.5 mil per year. Everything will say Rodgers is the highest paid QB but it simply isn't true. I personally see it as a pretty team friendly deal because he could of got more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast