Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami Marlins

vCash

Miami Marlins

I am a die hard cubs fan so I know the meaning of losing. This isn't a bash thread. More of a curiosity thread from my observations. I'm currently watching the cubs marlins game and I'm just in awe of how few fans are at that ballpark. Probably more cubs fans than marlins fans.

After what they did with their huge free agency, massive stadium upgrade and then major team blowup, my question is where do they go from here? Do they try free agency again? Do they use the draft like the cubs? What in the world happened with this ballpark and how do they intend to pay for everything? And how do fans feel about this?

vCash
    marlins even in their world series years drew no fans

i was at game 3 of the 2003 nlcs and there were 40k in cubs fans there easily

also was at the world series that yr and there was easily 50k in yankee fans

go to any met marlin game and the crowd is 70 30 in favor of the mets

its pathetic

vCash
    They have to actually rebuild.

The problem is that when teams rebuild, very few stick with it.

The one's that stick with are the one's that have been successful.

vCash
    They need new ownership.
    鈴木一郎

<a href=http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43695&dateline=1394044691] target=_blank>http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ne=1394044691]</a>

vCash
    they need to move
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    They're probably the worst run franchise in all the 4 major sports. Shame too because Miami should be a good sports market.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    They need new ownership.
    What is new ownership going to do to buck the trend? At this point, relocating is out of the question too because of the new stadium. What can be done to attract fans there? I don't get it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    What is new ownership going to do to buck the trend? At this point, relocating is out of the question too because of the new stadium. What can be done to attract fans there? I don't get it...
    They have to commit to a rebuild. They have to. It's gonna take half a decade at least, but if they can commit to a plan, and follow through on it. They can do well.

vCash
    Feels bad man.

vCash
    Loria's the problem. Yes, Miami fan's are certainly not the best, but our owner is terrible. Apparently he ordered our manager to start our young rookie first in a double header over Nolasco. Usually the veteran get's to make that decision, but not with Loria. He's the Bernie Madoff of sports, and the funny thing is that they look alike too. Why watch the Marlins when the Heat are on top and the Dolphins somehow stumbling in the right direction?

vCash
    Bad ownership usually means bad teams which usually means little fan support and Loria is probably the worst of the worst of owners.
    鈴木一郎

<a href=http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43695&dateline=1394044691] target=_blank>http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ne=1394044691]</a>

vCash
    players dont want to play there, coaches dont want to coach there-did you see about him forcing the decision that fernandez pitch the first game of hte double header over nolasco?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    They're probably the worst run franchise in all the 4 major sports. Shame too because Miami should be a good sports market.
    Why? Theres more **** to do in miami than most places. Hell people dont even show up to the heat games at the start and they're really ****ing good.

vCash
    There's usually a ton of empty seats at Dolphins games too. I guess people down there prefer to watch it on tv.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    There's usually a ton of empty seats at Dolphins games too. I guess people down there prefer to watch it on tv.
    they can't even watch the phins game on tv. If you dont sell out the game isn't on tv in local markets lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast