Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,952
    vCash
    1500

    30 for 30: Elway to Marino

    Still waiting to watch this; thoughts on it from someone who has?

    Also, this article:
    http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/04...ana-for-elway/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,375
    vCash
    1500
    I loved it.... i thought it was very well made.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,454
    vCash
    135000
    I just can't believe Elway was almost a Raider, or heck he was almost with half the league lol!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,023
    vCash
    1500
    It replays on ESPN2 late tonight - set thr DVR.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    I just can't believe Elway was almost a Raider, or heck he was almost with half the league lol!!
    ^THIS....I knew the story fairly well, but didn't realize the Raiders were in pursuit. And although I knew he was a good baseball player, I never realized how really good he was at the sport (projected to be the starter within a year).

    I haven't watched the entire show yet, but what I've seen so far has been great.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    942
    vCash
    1500
    Just watched it, it was excellent

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,098
    vCash
    1500
    I did not know this was made. I will have to check it out when it comes back around.
    Member of the Owlluminati!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by broncofangene View Post
    Just watched it, it was excellent
    I watched it last night too..it was very good. DB you will not be dissapointed

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,927
    vCash
    1500
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HqrM7KzByQ for those like me who don't pay for cable/satellite

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,952
    vCash
    1500
    Just watched it last night, pretty sick, well done. Amazing the sheer number of teams that had a shot at Elway, and the reasons for them not getting him (Raiders: Davis' time consumed by lawsuit; Cowboys: Colts would not take two #1s, a #1 the year after, and a player for Elway). Also shows you how bad it was when you didn't have a centralized decision-maker.

    Also great to see the footage of Elway playing baseball.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,375
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentzias:26087446
    Just watched it last night, pretty sick, well done. Amazing the sheer number of teams that had a shot at Elway, and the reasons for them not getting him (Raiders: Davis' time consumed by lawsuit; Cowboys: Colts would not take two #1s, a #1 the year after, and a player for Elway). Also shows you how bad it was when you didn't have a centralized decision-maker.

    Also great to see the footage of Elway playing baseball.
    Him doing the interview when he was in class A ball with a big ole chew in his mouth cracked me up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,952
    vCash
    1500
    Another favorite moment: reporter asks why, if he didn't want to go to the cold weather in Baltimore, was he choosing to go to New York for the Yankees?

    "They play baseball in the summertime."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HqrM7KzByQ for those like me who don't pay for cable/satellite
    Thanks, I'm putting this in my dock so that I watch it later.
    Member of the Owlluminati!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •