Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Browns 2013 draft day 3 thread. Browns have 5 picks on day 3.

Browns own these picks on day 3:

Round 5 139 overall
    Round 6 175 overall
    Round 7 217 overall (Miami)
    Round 7 227 (Traded to PHI with David Sims)
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 04-27-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: updated

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash

Do Browns take a QB now? Seriously, for all those who called for waiting for Barkley this year instead of Weeden... Look where he is now.

ELI WO-MANNING

vCash
    Really excited about today.

I think the Browns are in a great position to still get a great FS. Josh Evans (FLA) and Rambo (UGA) are still ther. Hopefully at least one can stay there until the Browns pick again.

Nick Kasa is also still there and should be when the Browns pick in the 5th. If the Browns don't draft him, I think that says a lot about his skill set as his former coach is now on the Browns staff.

That leaves 3 more picks. Most likely the Browns are going to select a G, FB, QB, ILB. Any ideas on who they might target?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokasaurus View Post
    Do Browns take a QB now? Seriously, for all those who called for waiting for Barkley this year instead of Weeden... Look where he is now.
    That's a good question. I was excited about the possibility of Barkley last year so it is a bit surprising to see him fall so far. Still don't know that I would take him with our next pick since some nice FS targets are still available. With that said I wouldn't be shocked to see Banner and Lombardi take on chance on him or Nassib here.

Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Really excited about today.

I think the Browns are in a great position to still get a great FS. Josh Evans (FLA) and Rambo (UGA) are still ther. Hopefully at least one can stay there until the Browns pick again.

Nick Kasa is also still there and should be when the Browns pick in the 5th. If the Browns don't draft him, I think that says a lot about his skill set as his former coach is now on the Browns staff.

That leaves 3 more picks. Most likely the Browns are going to select a G, FB, QB, ILB. Any ideas on who they might target?
    One guy I would love to see them go after even though it isn't a need is John Simon. He could be used in a lot of ways in our 3-4 and letting him have limited snaps year one and learn from everyone else on the defense could maximize his abilities down the road. I also wouldn't mind to see us double dip on CB and snag Jordan Poyer just because he's one of my favorite prospects.

vCash

Agreed. Definitely some value picks here. Wouldn't mind Nassib but could really fill needs with DBs, G, ILB...

ELI WO-MANNING

vCash
    That just goes to show the depth of this class. There wasn't any elite prospects like most years but this draft is loaded with players that can come in and contribute right away. It's exciting that we could go in so many different ways here.

vCash
    I said to my buddy last night a few picks before the Browns chose McFadden "watch theyre gonna grab Barkley," im surprised hes still there...he would've been the 3rd pick last year by us had he come out...he loses his tackle Kalil, loses a few other players and gets hurt, he has a mediocre year...I think when all is said and done, he'll be the best QB out of this class...high end potential for him IMO is Matt Schaub...I say grab him or Rambo with our 4th, but I wouldn't be upset if we didnt draft a single QB this year, though Lombardi makes it seem like hell do anything to get rid of Weeden, who had the 2nd lowest QBR last season, which I didn't know...his TD-INT ratio was negative but he was a lot worse than I thought...I think we grab a G, TE and FS for sure, possibly a P or K or both and an ILB or two

vCash
    I'm hoping to grab this guy with one of our 7ths or maybe we can sign him as an UDFA:

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/p...5f638cc2/p.jpg

He's an athlete, played 7 different positions in HS and college, he's ran for public office and is incredibly smart, probably more so than all of us, his instincts and natural playmaking ability set him apart from other players...he's a leader and will be a difference maker if we can grab him
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 04-27-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Not supposed to post pics lol. Just link the pics

vCash

vCash
    Here are some cool photoshopped pictures of the guys we've picked up in the past two days. Obviously the numbers aren't right but it's still cool to just see them in a Browns jersey.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIx_9oFCcAAkSp-.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI1VIYQCUAEK7SK.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI1n0HVCcAAvCys.png:large
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 04-27-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: remember just to post links and not the actual pics. Thanks

vCash
    I'm hoping for some steals. Day 3 is my fav day.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Ya day 3 is the best day now because it isnt rushed, i wish they never went primetime, I loved when it wasnt 1 round first night. I thought we had two 5ths? What happened to the other 5th rounder we had?

vCash
    In the Bess trade we swapped 4th rounders and swapped our 5th with their 7th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlessyen View Post
    Ya day 3 is the best day now because it isnt rushed, i wish they never went primetime, I loved when it wasnt 1 round first night. I thought we had two 5ths? What happened to the other 5th rounder we had?
    Whats with the Rams logo dude? I know its because of Austin but can you please take it off or go post in the Rams forum.

vCash
    #Cardinals are open to dealing QB Brian Hoyer, I'm told. Get the sense the #Browns are interested with a Ryan Mallett deal unlikely
    -Ian Rapoport

That seems like he's just speculating to me. Another veteran on the trade market that may interest us is Desmond Bishop from GB. He's an ILB who is certainly talented but has had injury issues. Nothing has connected us to him but who knows.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast