Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

We Will Lose With Nash Starting

Point Blank.

This team played well with Meeks starting at the 2 and Blake at the 1, the defense was on point we all know Nash sucks at defense, it's not his thing, he's much better to come off the bench and make sure those guys get going offensively, then if you want to keep him in there, it'll be at the SG position, not the 1, he's just not quick enough to contain anybody off the dribble, let him chase shooters.

We also need Metta to take my shots off the dribble, just to keep the defense honest on our shooters

Also would like to see glock get some minutes, even if just for 5 just to throw up some shots off the bench.

Adding this story

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...on/2013/04/23/
    Last edited by Tymathee; 04-23-2013 at 03:01 PM.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    no. spurs was just the better team in game 1. meeks cant make a god damn shot. even during the lakers last 2 regular season games, the lakers didnt win cuz of nash not playing but with other players making shots. the lakers defense in game 1 was still nice even with nash starting. and it was only a 4 point game but when meeks is playing the lakers sucked the most.

i do agree that nash should move at 2 but still in the starting 5
    My TOP 10 favorite NBA players of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Reggie Miller
    4. Andrew Bynum
    5. Wilt Chamberlain
    6. Steve Nash
    7. Lamar Odom
    8. Ben Gordon
    9. Ray Allen
    10. Carmelo Anthony

vCash
    not really sure what Lakers need to do at this point. But one thing is clear Nash need to be a bench player next season. At this Point ill start Blake over Nash and yes with Meeks. The two pg thing was never successful Not sure why Mike is even going there. Nash should have came off the Bench they have not played with him for a while and on offense that was very obvious. They played good d but when u turn to the bench there was nothing there. Nash should play that Ginobli role.
    Last edited by ldawg; 04-22-2013 at 08:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    not really sure what Lakers need to do at this point. But one thing is clear Nash need to be a bench player next season. At this Point ill start Blake over Nash and yes with Meeks. The two pg thing was never successful Not sure why Mike is even going there. Nash should have came off the Bench they have not played with him for a while and on offense that was very obvious. They played good d but when u turn to the bench there was nothing there. Nash should play that Ginobli role.
    It's pretty obvious, he didn't want to hurt Nash's feelings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersIn5 View Post
    no. spurs was just the better team in game 1. meeks cant make a god damn shot. even during the lakers last 2 regular season games, the lakers didnt win cuz of nash not playing but with other players making shots. the lakers defense in game 1 was still nice even with nash starting. and it was only a 4 point game but when meeks is playing the lakers sucked the most.

i do agree that nash should move at 2 but still in the starting 5
    i dont care about meeks shot, he hustles on defense, this team needs to focus more on defense over getting points.

Also, with Meeks in there, it spreads the floor much better than when Nash is in there, or so it seems.

with the 2 pg rotation to start, both guys can penetrate, so the defense sagged a bit more than normal, clogging the lane and the post, making it hard to get interior passes and made the team put up way too many outside shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    i dont care about meeks shot, he hustles on defense, this team needs to focus more on defense over getting points.

Also, with Meeks in there, it spreads the floor much better than when Nash is in there, or so it seems.

with the 2 pg rotation to start, both guys can penetrate, so the defense sagged a bit more than normal, clogging the lane and the post, making it hard to get interior passes and made the team put up way too many outside shots.

Nash is 10x the shooter Meeks is. No matter how poorly Nash is playing, Meeks will never be the answer.

vCash
    nash needs to retire or just do 1 more year.
    Lakers Wishlist...

Trade Pau for Iggy/Koufos or Ellis/udoh
    Resign Dwight
    Amnesty Kobe
    Hope Artest opts out
    Decline Meeks option
    Buy-out duhon
    Pray nash retires
    Tank 2013-2014 season

vCash
    Spurs are definitely the better team but it's pretty obvious why our D looks better without Nash in the lineup (though we can also point a finger at Kobe on the defensive end..). The Lakers need to stop getting 1 dimensional players. If the last few games of the regular season have shown us anything it's that defense wins you games even when your offense is struggling.

Unfortunately, the Lakers hired a system coach to get the best out of a system player (Nash) and it has failed miserably.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Problem yesterday was Nash, AND the bench.

Clark and Jamison were -16!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Nash is 10x the shooter Meeks is. No matter how poorly Nash is playing, Meeks will never be the answer.
    Did you just focus in on that one sentence and reply or did you read the rest of the thread? I explained why I said that next.

When you have a guy that is known as a SHOOTER, teams will try their best to stick closer, thus making more room behind the defender. Nash is not a guy who shoots off kick outs a lot, he does alot of shots off the dribble, or on the move, so when a pass goes towards him, you either try and block the passing lane, stop him from shooting, or stop his dribble drive, two of those options are unlikely when you see the ball go to meeks.

This is how I see it if i'm a defender.

Ball goes to Meeks "He's going to shoot it"
    Ball goes to Nash "Will he pass, shoot or dribble, I have to pull back a little and put my hands up and be ready just in case"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    Did you just focus in on that one sentence and reply or did you read the rest of the thread? I explained why I said that next.
    Just that one sentence... I usually skim over your posts.

vCash
    Defense was ok yesterday.

Problem was offense.

1 we have two ways to score, thats it, Howard inside and Pau inside.
    We didnt use the second.
    We lost.

I also feel more confidente with Pau playing Point Power Forward and organizing the offense that win nash doing it to be honest.

btw its me or the Spurs picked up Tmac ONLY to avoid US getting him?
    ]

vCash
    Ball needs to go into the post every single time

vCash
    We will lose with Antoni coaching...
    "Tittays"

vCash
    Bench was out scored 40-10.
    Now that's sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast