Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical

vCash

Hypothetical

Hypothetical. Since the Jets are nearly done dealing Revis to the Bucs, they have two picks. Remember the RGIII Rams Redskins deal for picks? Remember the Julio Jones trade as well? Here is what I am using as basis of my hypothetical: Jets acquire #2 pick. Jags acquire #9, #13, and 3rd round pick. Who would you take at those spots? The Jets could do this theoretically because Geno Smith is the best QB in the draft and they could be stupid enough to overpay. I am using the trade value chart to show the equation for the trade for the #2 pick: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

I know this draft has no franchise QB. I see the Jets draft some questionable players. Quintin Coples has bust potential (last yr's pick.)

vCash
    Coples should turn out to be pretty good value for where the Jets got him.

That being said, nobody is stupid enough to jump to #2 for G.Smith. Any team in the top 15 would rather take someone like Emanuel without trading away a ton of picks. Also, no chance the Jags wouldn't take just the two first rounders. I know the trade chart says it's not totally fair, but the Jags could definitely use two top 10 talents more than one top 5.

vCash
    Why would the Jets do this knowing there is a chance Geno falls to them at #9 potentially?

This is what was so frustrating about this deal because I honestly would've wanted the 2014 1st rounder from the Buccs if I was the Jets. With Bridgewater being in that draft having 2 1st rounders would give you the type of base package to potentially trade up and nab Bridgewater to be your franchise QB.

I really don't know what the plan is with the #9, #13 picks now.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    Why would the Jets do this knowing there is a chance Geno falls to them at #9 potentially?

This is what was so frustrating about this deal because I honestly would've wanted the 2014 1st rounder from the Buccs if I was the Jets. With Bridgewater being in that draft having 2 1st rounders would give you the type of base package to potentially trade up and nab Bridgewater to be your franchise QB.

I really don't know what the plan is with the #9, #13 picks now.
    I was reading a bit ago that the Jets are looking at trading back from #9 as they want to stockpile draft picks. Looks like a mass rebuilding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I was reading a bit ago that the Jets are looking at trading back from #9 as they want to stockpile draft picks. Looks like a mass rebuilding.
    IMO, it still would've made more sense to gun for that 2014 1st rounder. Having 2 1st round picks in that 2014 draft can make it a lot easier to navigate upward and get Bridgewater which to me is the key.

They need a franchise QB badly, and unless you want to gamble on Geno Smith or one of the potential 2nd round QB's like Manuel, Glennon, etc.

Even trading back from #9 won't give you the type of 2014 base package to trade up IMO. That is unless the Jets are picking in the top 5-10 again next year which absolutely is a possibility.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Well teams like the 49ers and Falcons are said to be looking to move up into that range. They could trade either the #9 or #13 to either of those teams for a 1st rounder plus extras?

The only problem with that is that you are banking an awful lot on a guy who still has a full season of football to play in college. He could get hurt, drop stock drastically who knows.... Besides maybe a team that needs a quarterback terribly gets the #1 pick and isn't willing to trade out?

vCash
    Geno Smith wont go in the top 10 and doesnt deserve to go in the first round. They could get him at 9 if they wanted him, but cannot see why we would... He has potential but been very inconsistent in college
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2013 season
    155 carries, 621 yards, 1TD
    35 receptions, 276 yards, 0 TDs

vCash
    I've seen so many QB's worse than Geno as prospects go R1. Not sure how he doesn't deserve it.

vCash
    Alot of people are saying now that Nassib is expected to go to Buffalo at #8. So we will see how that effects Gino Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Alot of people are saying now that Nassib is expected to go to Buffalo at #8. So we will see how that effects Gino Smith.
    Lol I want to punch myself every time I see you spell Geno wrong.

Anyways, he could be in BIG trouble if he moves past 8. But I don't think he does.

I don't think BUF takes Nassib there either/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Lol I want to punch myself every time I see you spell Geno wrong.

Anyways, he could be in BIG trouble if he moves past 8. But I don't think he does.

I don't think BUF takes Nassib there either/
    I could see Nix and Marrone having a brain aneurysm on draft night and picking Nassib there.

vCash
    I'd rather have picks 9 and 13 over the 2nd pick.. If I'm the Jets

maybe a Tavon Austin and Mingo.. Or even Warmack

vCash
    I've said for quite awhile that I thought the Jags best hope for a tradeback would be with the Jets. More likely it would be for Nassib, though. Or even Matt Barkley. Poor Geno just doesn't have the "face" to be the face of a franchise. Even though he is very good quarterback. Nassib knocked off a 41 on the Wonderlic, so I think teams will be more confident that he can handle all aspects of the role, including the public relations aspect. He is Sanchez who is a bit quicker on the draw. Same/same for Barkley. Probably Sanchez would get shipped to Jax in any deal, and maybe Henne or another position vet go the other way, so N.Y. gets rid of the contract.

vCash
    Coples looks like a guy who could produce double digit sacks as a 3-4 DE with regular playing time. Bust? Lol. He was a stupid facemask penalty away from an extra sack last year.

vCash
    I like the attempt at being sly with the baiting
    There are no men like me, only me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast