Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hypothetical Question

Lets say you could put together a team of the best current minor league players in all of baseball right now, regardless of whether they are considered top prospects or not.

Would that said team be able to compete in the MLB?

How would they stack up?

I almost want to say that they could compete and would be an interesting team with a chance to make some noise.

Lets hear your thoughts.

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Is there a limit to how many threads one person can make in a 2 day period? Just kidding.

Michael. Accorsi. Zunino.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Is there a limit to how many threads one person can make in a 2 day period? Just kidding.

Michael. Accorsi. Zunino.
    Can't help myself.

Its all because Matt Harvey iz da best!!!!!!!!!

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    To answer the hypothetical.

They would get absolutely destroyed.

Unless you are snagging guys that are on rehab assignments or something.

It's a huge difference each level you go up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    To answer the hypothetical.

They would get absolutely destroyed.

Unless you are snagging guys that are on rehab assignments or something.

It's a huge difference each level you go up.
    I understand, but you don't think you could put together one team out of all the minor league players that exist that could compete?

I mean, you just look at the Athletics and it kinda makes you wonder about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I understand, but you don't think you could put together one team out of all the minor league players that exist that could compete?

If you could pick the 25 best prospects in baseball that haven't appeared in a MLB game and made them a 31st MLB team. They would probably win 50-60 games at best. They would be destroyed because of how incomplete they would be.

It's a huge difference every level you go up. Most players, even top prospects, usually take awhile to properly adjust to the MLB, the pitching, the hitting, the speed of the game. They wouldn't be very good.

I don't think they would be any better than if you made a team full of bench players and MLB relievers.

vCash
    hypothetical like what happens when you go in really cold water? i dont see how that applies to this imaginary situation

vCash

That's not a a fair comparison to the A's. They have Josh Reddick, Coco Crisp, Yoenis Cespedes, Chris Young, Seth Smth, Jed Lowrie, John Jaso, Brett Anderson, Jarrod Parker, Bartolo Colon, Tommy Milone, Grant Balfour, Ryan Cook, etc. They have good major league players.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    They would not do well.. Almost all the players that are good enough to be on an MLB Roster are better than their counterparts in the minors.

vCash

Why do the A's make you wonder about this? Because you're unfamiliar with their roster? Jeff gave a pretty accurate answer, though I'm not sure they'd even win 50-60.

vCash
    They'd be pretty bad. While some will turn into stars, most won't become stars immediately. It usually takes time to become a great player. Not everybody is Mike Trout or Matt Harvey. Then half of these prospects will have ****** seasons and drag down your team.

vCash
    They'd win about 70 games, easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobias View Post
    They'd win about 70 games, easy.
    No, they wouldn't. They would probably win about 50-55.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    They'd be pretty bad. While some will turn into stars, most won't become stars immediately. It usually takes time to become a great player. Not everybody is Mike Trout or Matt Harvey. Then half of these prospects will have ****** seasons and drag down your team.
    More top prospects hit like Ackley, Montero, and Smoak then do what Trout and Harper have done. It usually takes several years.

This team would be bad, but could probably pitch.

vCash
    I think they would win about 25% of their games. Not a lot worse than Houston or Miami will probably end up, but they would not be a competitive team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast