Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

As Melo Leads, KMart Will Have His Back (Post)

Had to post this awesomeness. Man I ****ing love KMart.

Anthony’s city, and after all the playoff futility he has endured, if this isn’t Carmelo Anthony’s time, it never will be.

He’s the one on the billboards, he’s the one who dreamed of playing Broadway, he’s the one who must now be Reggie Jackson in October and Eli Manning in February and Mark Messier in June.

So here comes Anthony roaring into the playoffs tomorrow at the Garden playing the best basketball of his life, except the proud, old Celtics won’t care much that he led the league in scoring. If it won’t be Doc Rivers doing everything in his power to take Melo out of the game and make others beat him, it will be Kevin Garnett doing everything in his power to get in Anthony’s head and make it snap, crackle, pop once again.

Kenyon Martin says Melo need not worry.

“I got it,” Martin told The Post yesterday.

In what way?

“It won’t happen, man, ’cause he ain’t gotta do all that bangin’ and all that with KG no more,” K-Mart said.

Because?

“Cause I’m here,” he said.

Martin was not a Knick when Garnett said whatever cereal trash-talkers say that got Anthony crazy.

“A lot of the stuff he’s sayin’, he does, is to motivate himself,” K-Mart said. “I don’t believe in it. It’s all fluff to me.”

But if he starts flapping his gums at Melo?

“I’ll intervene,” Martin said. “Bottom line.”

This is the best possible news for Anthony, who needs to have all his energies focused on carrying his team and his city to heights neither has reached in what feels like an eternity. He has managed one playoff win as a Knick, in nine games, the only Knicks playoff win in 12 years, and there are no more excuses for him.

He is in his prime, he is in championship shape. He has players around him he trusts now, he has a coach he likes and respects now, he has a championship-starved fan base that longs for him to be Clyde Frazier in Game 7 against Wilt’s Lakers every take-no-prisoners night, for him to wear Bernard King’s game face every refuse-to-lose night, for him to mimic Patrick Ewing’s commitment to excellence every warrior night.

“I feel great,” Anthony said. “My body feels great. We feel great.

“We’re ready to rock.”

And:

“We have a shot to do something special.”

Martin played with Anthony in Denver from 2004-11

“He’s always had that scorer’s mentality,” K-Mart said, “but he has that assassin mentality now, where he’s going after everybody, and for all the right reasons. He’s trying to win it. He’s got a scoring title under his belt. ... He wants to win a championship, you can tell. I see the focus in him every day. He’s taking the challenge defensively each and every night no matter who he’s guarding.”

Mike Woodson has repeatedly reminded the Knicks that whining to the referees is counterproductive.

“The refs, we know that we can’t think about them,” Anthony said.

Patrick Ewing never could get past Michael Jordan without a sidekick, and it may very well be asking too much of Melo to get past LeBron James and that crew without one. It isn’t asking too much of Anthony to at least get to LeBron and the Heat, to make this a long, hot spring that would sear his legacy forever in the hearts of orange-and-blue New York and leave the banners up in the rafters nodding their approval.

“He’s taken on the pressure of the city itself, he’s taken on the leadership role, he’s taken on the scoring role,” Bernard King said yesterday on ESPN Radio, “and he’s ready for these playoffs.”

Anthony has failed to get out of the first round eight times in nine years, is 17-37 in the playoffs. Does it bother him?

“No, it doesn’t. It doesn’t. Each year is a new year. I get to start all over each year,” he said.

He starts all over with a Garden that wants so much to embrace him, to forgive him for not being LeBron.

“The good thing about that is we’re here on our home court and we have a chance to protect it,” Anthony said.

Much easier to protect your home court when you know that K-Mart’s got your back.

Gotta love that ****. 'I got it'. Thats all that needs to be said.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I hope to see KG knocked on his *** multiple times during the series.

vCash
    "I got it"

This makes KG and PP's job that much harder. I expect a physical matchup everytime we play the Cs, now we're coming prepared.

As good as Melo is, he's easily knocked off his game. Players like KMart, who take the physical burden off Melo keep him focused on what the Knicks need.

I can't wait for game 1. We need to set the tone.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    "I got it"

This makes KG and PP's job that much harder. I expect a physical matchup everytime we play the Cs, now we're coming prepared.

As good as Melo is, he's easily knocked off his game. Players like KMart, who take the physical burden off Melo keep him focused on what the Knicks need.

I can't wait for game 1. We need to set the tone.
    I'm really eager to see what type of muscles KG tries to flex out there with Martin around. KMart and Metta are really the only dudes in this league that even the studio gangsters like KG won't even bother trying to start with.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Maybe its the confidence of the Knicks spilling over to the fanbase, but I'm not feeling us going 7 games with the Cs. It feels more like 5 or at worse 6.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I'm really eager to see what type of muscles KG tries to flex out there with Martin around. KMart and Metta are really the only dudes in this league that even the studio gangsters like KG won't even bother trying to start with.
    The DMX wanna-be isn't gonna do anything. I'm tired of this guy's antics.

vCash
    Kmart

vCash
    Goon squad up

Im ****ing losing my mind we have Oakley back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    Goon squad up

Im ****ing losing my mind we have Oakley back
    If only we could lose Camby's contract and hand it over to KMart.

vCash
    we need Camby bro

Goonies homie

vCash
    Oak and Mase would be proud.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    Hahahaha... Got to love K-Mart! Epic interview!

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

vCash
    Thats what I wanna hear! Kick KG in his Honey Nut Cheerios
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Do you think Q-Rich is going to be messing with KG and PP's heads as well from the sideline. I mean I cannot begin to say how much he does not like those 2, which is perfect for us. The Knicks have just became the resurrection of the 93 - 94 Goon Squad.

Lets Rumble Snitches!!!!!!

vCash
    I will be the first to say this will be a blow out, book it!. The knicks will have analyst secound guessing themselves. The celtics are to old and cant keep upwith the likes of Mel, JR, Felton, Chandler, even copeland who I believe is going to benefit big time in this series! Take out the Broom, I call it a sweep!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast