Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Question bout Injured exception for Kobe

That would be half his salary ( wich is a nice amount of dough )

Can it be used in SIGNING a F:A? or does it have to be a player already under contract.

Because if it can be used in said F.A signing thats how we could get someone like Oj Mayo, or Igoudala or Smith ( on the premise of them signign one year and then resigning in 2014 with the capspace)

vCash
    Doesn't it require missing a significant amount of that season? I'm not sure on specs but it seems too easy to be able to go and do that. But if we can why the eff not?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime Steve View Post
    Doesn't it require missing a significant amount of that season? I'm not sure on specs but it seems too easy to be able to go and do that. But if we can why the eff not?!
    Well kobe could miss 3 to 6 months of the season, i think that qualifies for the exception.

vCash
    Can't picture Kobe missing that much of the season. Plus if we got the IE for Kobe we might sit on it, ESP if we can't move pau for cheaper pieces. Next year is our biggest hit for lux tax

vCash
    I honestly don't think we'll get accepted for one.

vCash
    The exception is either half the player's salary, or the (mini) MLE, whichever one is lower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I honestly don't think we'll get accepted for one.
    Why not? Do you not consider Kobe as "injured"?

vCash
    I think Kobe will probably be back for the Christmas game... maybe sooner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverSayNevur View Post
    The exception is either half the player's salary, or the (mini) MLE, whichever one is lower.
    Actually, I believe it is for half of the player's salary or the [ standard ] MLE + $100,000, whichever is lower [ in this context, the fact that the Lakers do not qualify for said MLE in free agency is immaterial ]. Also, the exception can only be used to trade for a player, not as an exception for signing a FA ...

Basically, if it were to go down this way, then the franchise could deal for someone earning [ about ] $6 million [ or less ] to 'replace' Bryant. Of course, I doubt that this is the way things will go down ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gr824 View Post
    Actually, I believe it is for half of the player's salary or the [ standard ] MLE + $100,000, whichever is lower [ in this context, the fact that the Lakers do not qualify for said MLE in free agency is immaterial ]. Also, the exception can only be used to trade for a player, not as an exception for signing a FA ...

Basically, if it were to go down this way, then the franchise could deal for someone earning [ about ] $6 million [ or less ] to 'replace' Bryant. Of course, I doubt that this is the way things will go down ...
    Yeah I wasn't sure if it was the full MLE or mini which is why I put it in parentheses.

Any reason why the league adds the $100,000? Not only here but also in other contexts, they always say this-and-that plus whatever.

vCash
    his target is returning november 6 months. dont see him being out longer than janurary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    his target is returning november 6 months. dont see him being out longer than janurary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverSayNevur View Post
    Yeah I wasn't sure if it was the full MLE or mini which is why I put it in parentheses.

Any reason why the league adds the $100,000? Not only here but also in other contexts, they always say this-and-that plus whatever.
    Ostensibly, I guess it is simply a 'fudge' factor, theoretically designed to help facilitate deals. The cynic in me says, however, that it represents little more than a cursory 'bone' being thrown to the teams after the league has done just about all it can to hinder player movement and the ease with which a franchise [ especially the Lakers ] can adjust/replenish its roster personnel ...
    Last edited by gr824; 04-19-2013 at 08:44 AM.

vCash
    Is there a chance Kobe will play in the post season, if we manage to enter the Finals? The guy is a warrior, once his clear to do basketball work ain't nobody stopping him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime24 View Post
    Is there a chance Kobe will play in the post season, if we manage to enter the Finals? The guy is a warrior, once his clear to do basketball work ain't nobody stopping him.
    Not a chance ... A ruptured Achilles tendon is about as bad as it gets in terms of debilitating injury for a basketball player and, according to Gary Vitti, this rupture was the worst possible [ a Grade 3 ] ...

By June, Kobe may be walking unimpaired; he may even be riding a stationary bike and/or running a little bit on a treadmill [ doubtful ] ... But basketball ? Playoffs ?!?!? No way ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast