Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Now that he's completed his best season in a long time,and the wounds have all healed

would you take Vince back?

He has regained his old confidence back and was named the Mavs best player this season (with Dirk missing 29 games). Traditional stats might not show that but every writer to follow the Mavs will explain why he was, especially when you consider the difference of a team when he was on the floor (below).
    He's matured, he's now a good defender and mentor for younger players (*cough* Ross *cough* Derozen)

Also last summer he continued to get his body in shape, losing 10 pounds of bodyfat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNtIz1p6eM8
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...iref%3Anbahpts
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/hot/?id=9178605

did I mention he's only $3 million now?

-----------------
    edit: (found this from November 2012)
    "If (Toronto) gave me the opportunity, I don't even think I'd let them finish the question. Yes. I'm in," Carter said, speaking on Cybulski and Company.

"Could I see it? Absolutely," Carter continued. "I'd leave that up to the franchise. It all started in Toronto, I'd be a fool to ever forget that."
    .. Things have changed since then, the Mavericks and him definitely have a more mutually happy relationship now. But still

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=409016
    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...er-in-toronto/
    Last edited by ThuglifeJ; 04-22-2013 at 02:21 AM.

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    If he could help the team, sure. But we have no use for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    If he could help the team, sure. But we have no use for him.
    This. We have Derozan and Gay at the 2/3 with Ross and Fields/Acy backing them up. We would have no use for him. It might sell tickets though, so lets see what happens. I just know that most of us will be back here again, complaining on how a player that won't be part of our future, inhibiting Terrence's development, much like Anderson

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    I think Vince would solidify our rotation. I don't believe that phrase "we have no use for him" apply to the Raptors realistically. we haven't made the playoffs and now we are excluding players that are better than our subs as "not useful"

Laugh.

until this team is a contender, we have a need from any NBA player in this league. Heck even Alan Anderson was helpful for making timely shots and helping the Raps pull out some wins and he wasn't fully in the NBA before this season.

Ross and Carter would make a dynamic bench duo if you think about it. Landry can play the 4 as well if we go small ball.

the hardest part would be distributing the minutes to Gay, Derozan ,Ross, and Carter which is probably the most hindering of all things. Sorry but thats a good problem to have. I rather have Carter than Alan Anderson. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    I think Vince would solidify our rotation. I don't believe that phrase "we have no use for him" apply to the Raptors realistically. we haven't made the playoffs and now we are excluding players that are better than our subs as "not useful"

Laugh.

until this team is a contender, we have a need from any NBA player in this league. Heck even Alan Anderson was helpful for making timely shots and helping the Raps pull out some wins and he wasn't fully in the NBA before this season.

Ross and Carter would make a dynamic bench duo if you think about it. Landry can play the 4 as well if we go small ball.

the hardest part would be distributing the minutes to Gay, Derozan ,Ross, and Carter which is probably the most hindering of all things. Sorry but thats a good problem to have. I rather have Carter than Alan Anderson. LOL
    To sum it all up this...

vCash
    Doubt he'd come here, but he'd be pretty good as a backup.

vCash
    Nope.

vCash
    Split the MLE 3 ways to player who we have overpaid in the past. Get them back to fill out the roster.

JO
    Jose
    VC

vCash
    We never overpaid VC or JO.

vCash
    We never overpaid VC or JO.
    You seem grumpy today.

21.3M for JO was not overpaying? Fine them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    You seem grumpy today.

21.3M for JO was not overpaying? Fine them.
    How does that portray grumpy?

I was just saying we never overpaid for JO because we never offered him the contract.

vCash
    How does that portray grumpy?

I was just saying we never overpaid for JO because we never offered him the contract.
    IMO we still overpaid him. I see your point about doing the deal... But we were the ones who wrote the checks for the work performed.

Grumpy may or may not of been you in another thread. Apologies if it was not you.

vCash
    IMO we still overpaid him. I see your point about doing the deal... But we were the ones who wrote the checks for the work performed.

Grumpy may or may not of been you in another thread. Apologies if it was not you.
    That was really out of our hands though. So we didn't really our choice.

vCash
    I think we have a disconnect here. We knew what we traded for. We knew his salary. We thought we would get a player of equal value to 21.3M per season. IMO we didn't get it, therefore overpaying.

vCash
    I think we have a disconnect here. We knew what we traded for. We knew his salary. We thought we would get a player of equal value to 21.3M per season. IMO we didn't get it, therefore overpaying.
    I don't think anyone in the organization or the fanbase thought we would get a prime JO (the player who signed and is worth the contract). He was already overpaid to begin with. But that doesn't mean we were the ones that overpaid him or overpaid for him.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast