Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Lakers 5.0, sans Kobe

As with any Kobe topic on PSD, I believe talking about gun control or abortion rights would be less volatile. So here are my caveats:

- I have a balanced view of Kobe, & admire him as a generational awesome Laker.
    - Ive loved the Lakers for over 25 years.
    - I love basketball & am kinda smart about it.

Lets just get it out there:

The question for me isnt "are the Lakers a better team without Kobe", its more "are the Lakers players better without Kobe".

A subtle but important difference there, especially since we have so much talent within the starters.

Ive believed for a long time that Kobe is like the overly demanding boss at work. He tells you what to do, often before you get a chance to do it. That often deflates people & they feel dominated. The opposite of that, it setting aggressive goals & pushing people, but letting THEM figure out HOW to get there. Let them OWN that part of it & figure it out & encourage the hell out of them while holding a stern/hard goal.

But you cant really stand up to him. He IS the best. He DOES work the hardest. He has insane tradeoffs you'd never make, ie: staying at the office to 8PM each night while also having a family. So what can you do? You find a role under him & toe the line & push for the best outcome.

He is so good that you dont leave work, because you get used to it & nothing beats winning in a great company. It covers a lot of other sins & things could always be worse.

But you never really know what your leadership / potential is because you are always being told what to do, & not being forced to really figure that part out for yourself. You are getting both a quarterly plan, an annual plan & daily deliverables put upon you.

Pau is certainly not the type to thrive in that environment.
    Dwight & Nash neither.
    Frankly no one does well with that.

So: theres like 5years of anger & resentment in a lot of these guys & a lot of wanting to prove themselves sans Kobe.

Thats why I think we actually have a chance.

Anyone can have the grudge, but we also have the proven talent behind it.

Thoughts?

vCash

vCash
    caaaawwww caaaawwww

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    this

vCash
    lakers 4-0 with darius johnson odom

bring him back!
    My TOP 10 favorite NBA players of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Reggie Miller
    4. Andrew Bynum
    5. Wilt Chamberlain
    6. Steve Nash
    7. Lamar Odom
    8. Ben Gordon
    9. Ray Allen
    10. Carmelo Anthony

vCash
    The real question is how come the other Lakers(Mainly Howard and Gasol) Hadn't been playing this hard from jump. I realize injuries played a part. But we all know there were nights when Pau and Dwight were down right lazy. And that was most infuriating about it all.

vCash
    The only thing that has changed since kobe has been out is the defensive intensity...

the offense has been god awful...

look for the defensive performance going forward to catch up to the offensive performance... not the other way around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    The real question is how come the other Lakers(Mainly Howard and Gasol) Hadn't been playing this hard from jump. I realize injuries played a part. But we all know there were nights when Pau and Dwight were down right lazy. And that was most infuriating about it all.
    I have thought this very much so the last two games especially on Dwight's defensive intensity. Last night was leaps and bounds above any defense he played for us this year even the good games. If we would have seen this for an entire season where would we be. We have been god awful offensively shooting 36 and 38% but winning. Makes you think what could have been.

vCash
    Man I miss kobes play. ****, Lakers are not very fun to watch without the black mamba.

vCash
    perspectives...

no way the lakers are better without Kobe... but if you ask me if they are good enough for the playoffs, my answer is HELL YES!