Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Changes need to be made!

So... ZERO changes were made...

And this season was a colossal waste of time - for the franchise, for the (young) players, and more importantly, for all the fans. Not only was it a pathetic season - it took the franchise back. Between our "not ready for prime time" coach, and our front office that's stuck between a win now, and win in the future mentality, the team is stuck in mediocrity hell. I mean let's face it... what was the point of this season? WE SHOULD HAVE PLAYED THE YOUNG GUYS! We should have traded Big al and/or Milsap for ANYTHING! And yes... we should have fired Corbin. We might have won only one 5 games - but so what? The result is the same - no playoffs. But we would have had a much brighter future.

So... chipurmunki, dhopisthename, ironman, hotrodshair, nothappyinut... all you experts out there - I hate to say, "I told you so", but... I told you so. This team was NEVER GOING TO WORK! Please think twice before responding to posts with insults like, "nope", or "you obviously don't watch basketball", next time a poster has something to say - no matter how dumb it might sound to you.

Thankfully, changes will HAVE TO be made now(Big Al, Paul, etc) - but the issues remain the same...

1. Get a new coach (oh wait - we already know that that's NOT going to happen). Already a bad start. Does no one see that the players are not responding to the coach? The final game of the season - when everything's on the line - I saw nothing - no passion, no will to win. Corbin has to go.

2. Get a PG! We all know this.

3. Get rid of these lazy, underachieving vets. Do whatever is necessary to clean house. KEEP/resign- Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks, Evans, Murphy, Carroll - but everyone else needs to go. Big Al, Milsap, MARVIN WILLIAMS, Tinsley, Watson, - enough. Time's up. After what you showed me this season - and last night - none of you belong in a Jazz uniform. KEEP Mo and Foye (maybe) - but they should NOT be starters!

But it might all be too late... the rotten culture of a losing mentality has begun... with Corbin and Big Al leading the way... This is the first time in 27 seasons of being a Jazz fan, that I am truly disgusted by what I've seen. If the players don't care - why should the fans?

In a perfect world...

1. We do WHATEVER IT TAKES to find a star PG for the future, while keeping at least Favors, Kanter, Hayward, and Burks...

2. Coach Sloan comes back. He signs a 3 year deal. He leaves the game and the franchise the right way. As a legend of the sport. He teaches our young guys the RIGHT way to play the game. WE get back to Jazz basketball.

vCash
    is this a joke? 'waste of time'? 'i told you so'? i'm just glad that the FO isn't as short-minded and impatient as you.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I agree with a lot of your points Frantico. However, it would be more detrimental to hire Sloan again. The organization needs to move past the Sloan era. However, I agree with a coaching change.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Frantico - it's good to see you vent and say what's on your mind. And for about 99% of it, I agree completely. I too was saying we're going to waste this season if we stay with both Al and Millsap. I hate it when I'm right because I wanted to see growth this season.

Our FO has some tough decisions to make, and the first one is Al. We've put all our eggs in his basket ever since Deron left and it has gotten us nowhere. What we do with him tells us everything we need to know. As a Jazz fan, it will be a sad day in our franchise history if we keep him and an even sadder day if we pay him max or near max. From this point forward, Al is only going to get slower and more ineffective.

vCash
    The fact that we have to pay Marvin $7M makes me want to vomit. I'm not sure he would be playing in the NBA next season without that player's option. Easily one of KOC's biggest bone head moves. We would have been rid of D. Harris right now.

Thoughts on OJ Mayo? He just announced that he is opting out and becoming a FA. His stats are pretty nice, but his efficiency is pretty poor. Perhaps he's too redundant to Gordon.

vCash
    This posting is sad! Have you heard the mavs coach talk about oj mayo yikes!! No thank you, I live in dallas and that dude is a quitter again no thank you. Anyways back to this post hahahahahahaha super lame. If lo Porto agrees with 99% of what you write good luck with that

vCash
    ^ haven't seen enough Mav games to make an assessment on Mayo. I know he was ballin pre all-star break, but his PER is pretty poor and Carlisle seems to hate his guts. i would probably agree that he's not a good fit. nothappy, who do you think we should target this offseason?

vCash
    Yeah I was listening to espn dallas when Rick was asked about oj quitting and how he ripped into him and his response was we only have one game left to worry about that paraphrased of course but those words were used. I guess mayo had quit by likes that no one has ever seen really. He reminds me of a less skilled high volume monte Ellis. His attitude sucks balls!

I'm not sure I'm kind of conflicted on who we should target in fa. I really want a couple players out of the 2014 draft class. So part of me wants them to resign big al so he can cont to beast it up and help out the youngins on offense and another part of me wants us to let everyone walk get some cheap fillers and let the guys that are on the roster start and play 35 mins a game next year letting the cards fall where they fall. 2014 draft class is going to be sick.

But unlike a lot of folks on here I don't think the sky is falling I didn't expect them to win a championship I thought they'd do better but after reading and hearing some other perspectives that know miles more then I do I think what happen was the correct way of going about this season, jazz ultimately chose flexibility over winning but still stayed competitive. I mean lets face it in the east we probably are a top 3-4 team. West is tough and we had lots of fa that could of checked out. I'm fully convinced one by the name Paul millsap did check out. But Corbin is not to blame and after hearing his exit interview per say I'm more on the Corbin train. It should be interesting.

vCash
    I read a stat mayo hasn't taken more then 2 free throws in the past 16 games that is really bad

vCash
    I disagree with so much of this. first off playing 35 minutes is not the only way to devlope. second playing a meaningful 82 games is nothing to scoff at and is more important then playing 82 games of who cares what the score is. People do realize how hard the timberwovles have tried to get anywhere near where the jazz are since they traded kg?

vCash
    ^ ok, mayo blows. didn't take me much convincing. i kind of agree that I would almost prefer signing some cheap 1 year fillers and let the youngs start all year. this gets us a great 2014 pick and cap flexibility heading into 2014. calm before the storm baby.

vCash
    I agree with both Aaron and dhop post. Good analogy calm before the storm, with signing fillers and letting the young guys go all out this next year won't probably win a bunch of games but it would help us for our future to be a LEGIT contender and would make for some exciting basketball at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantico View Post
    So... ZERO changes were made...
    You lost me at Zero changes were made. Why, because this roster is very different from last year's roster. But you knew that, cuz you're a highly edumacated basketball fan and everyone else is just a nameless face hiding behind keyboards on that internet thingy. (unlike you of course)

Now, if you're referring to the trade deadline then hopefully you will edumacate the rest of us smucks on the move that was supposed to be made to make the team better that KOC was too stupid to consult with you about.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    I don't want to spend the entire playoffs debating the last season, but replacing Devin Harris with Mo Williams and adding Foye for CJ and replacing Josh Howard with Marvin Williams were lateral moves. We practically had the same team. Some of those guys did some stuff better (such as Foye shooting 3's better than CJ), but those guys also were worse at other things too (such as Foye not being able to do much else than shoot 3's).

We tried to be a contender or build a team with almost the same makeup as the 2011-12 roster. The plan was to run the offense around Al, bring along Favors and Kanter with time, and hope that newly acquired Mo, Marvin and Foye were that much better than Devin, CJ and Josh.

As it turns out, we're in the exact same position (actually down a playoff spot) from last season. So instead of improving with 4 young emerging talents in the 2nd year or later (Favors, Kanter, Hayward and Burks), we got worse.

vCash
    Replacing CJ, Howard, Bell, and Harris with Foye, Mo, and Marvin were good moves to make before the season started. The fact that Mo got injured and Corbin sucks at making proper substitutions/adjustments made the season a disappointment.

I'm not so sure Favors and Kanter would of been as good without Jefferson this season. At the end of this season, I personally am satisfied with how Favors and Kanter have progressed since the start of the season. Both of them look much more comfortable and seem to have learned more moves in the post. Something I doubt they would have learned without Jefferson.

Now, hopefully Corbin will watch film of all the games he lost from coaching and learn from it. If people aren't hustling or playing good, take them out! If someone is having an excellent game, keep them in!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast