Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Byron Scott- What Would it Take?

What do you think it would take for the Lakers to fire Antoni and hire Scott? I say this because I'm thoroughly convinced that even if Jimmy was held hostage at gunpoint he will never hire Phil.

I think the only way would be if we got completely embarrassed in the first round and swept AND Kobe publicly lobbied for him....

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    Thank God for this thread.. because I haven't seen a fire D'Antoni... let's hire another coach thread in quite a while..
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

vCash
    We need to keep it in the family. I love incest.

vCash
    A great PG.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Maybe he can come in and play SG for the playoffs.

vCash
    oh god please stop...no Byron Scott has been fired THREE TIMES, there's a damn good reason for this.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    1st off... allegedly Jim and Mitch were actually ready to hire Phil, but were told not to by Jerry Buss, either because of the salary demands and part time thing or for other reasons.

But, uh, now that the Lakers have miraculously made the playoffs by the combination of Utah losing and an overtime victory against the Houston Rockets on the last game of the season... wow, I guess it would be hard for ANYBODY to say that Dantoni shouldn't be coach at least for the next few years.

I mean, wow, what would it take to fire Dantoni and hire former coach of the year and longtime Laker Byron Scott... hmmmmm. Wow, Dantoni is just so amazingly great it's hard to even ponder that question... but... hmmmm, yeah I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    oh god please stop...no Byron Scott has been fired THREE TIMES, there's a damn good reason for this.
    He's also taken a mediocre Nets team to the finals twice, got the Hornets their most wins with minimal talent, and been coach of the year.

If your going to talk his resume at least be fair. Have you looked at Cleveland's roster btw?......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    He's also taken a mediocre Nets team to the finals twice, got the Hornets their most wins with minimal talent, and been coach of the year.

If your going to talk his resume at least be fair. Have you looked at Cleveland's roster btw?......
    He's been FIRED, three times, by the Nets, Hornets and now Cavs. Both the Nets and Hornets fired him after good seasons.

no, there's something wrong with the way Scott does things. I've heard he's a locker room cancer of a coach.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    He could be an assistant coach
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    It would take the front office to admit that they nutted in hiring D'Antoni in the first place. Which they are not ready to do by all the proclaimations that D'Antoni will be back next season. And while that could change....I don't think the ego of Jimmy"Jethro"Buss will do it.

vCash
    Bring byron scott home!!!!! Asap!!!!
    UNCOMMON
    ACTS 11:9

vCash
    TWC money or not, the Lakers are not going to pay three coaches salaries... They should have hired Phil, didn't, now they have to live with D'Antoni...

vCash
    I've heard he is too old school. Doesn't care who you are you will work hard. In today's game players want their balls rubbed ever so gently so how dare a coach demand equal effort from players 1-15?!?

vCash
    In a side note to the Scott firing in Cleveland.....The Cavs are contemplating a reunion with Mike Brown.

It sure would be nice if that happened, It would get his 2yr-$8mil. Owed out of the way if he took the job. Although he would be stupid to let the Lakers off the hook. I mean $8mil. to do nothing for 2 years, That's hard to pass up. But they are said to be talking, Although Brown says he wants time with his family.

If he did take the job...Maybe the Lakers would be a little less apprehensive about firing D'Antoni.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast