Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,761
    vCash
    1500

    Amnesty clause 2013...

    WITH SOME NBA TEAMS NOT USING THEIR AMNESTY CLAUSE AS YET....HOW WOULD GUYS FEEL ABOUT GOING AFTER A PLAYER LIKE PAU GASOL IF THE LAKERS CHOOSE TO AMNESTY HIM??...JUST ASKING..BECAUSE THIS MAY BE ANOTHER AVENUE WE MAY BE ABLE TO TARGET A PLAYER OUTSIDE OF FREE AGENCY....THOUGHTS??
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,770
    vCash
    1500
    Depends on the player.

    The thing is that we won't have the cap room unless Bynum is gone. That means that the timing might not work out, because Bynum could well still be deciding when the amnesty period is over.

    More importantly, it means we'd only ever be picking someone up in a situation where we should be fully rebuilding - and it's hard to imagine too many guys getting amnestied that would work for a team in that situation - Pau Gasol, for example, makes little sense for us unless it's really cheap, which it wouldn't be. This is especially true as many/most of the guys left who're eligible won't have any value as trade assets because they only have a year left and you can't trade them for a year after claiming them.
    Also worth noting that it's extremely unlikely that Pau, or anyone of his calibre, gets amnestied.

    I'm not opposed to the idea in theory, but it seems really unlikely anyone would get amnestied that would make sense for us - or at least make enough sense for us to bid more than anyone else.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,522
    vCash
    1500
    No I want to lose as many games as possible next season. dont sign any player that help us win. Next years draft class is too strong.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,965
    vCash
    1500
    Man aint nobody thinking about ****ing losing next year already. **** that i want to be in the playoffs competing. If we so happen to be garbage then so be it but noway in hell is that what the franchise will be aiming for! They dont want 5 hunded fans in the seats smh thats bad for buisness. Sixer fans are already a weak fair weather fan base, if you add starting the season 0-10 nObody shows up for sure.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,965
    vCash
    1500
    Hell no to pau gasol by the way. Id rather just play moultrie and draft a center.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,522
    vCash
    1500
    We arent competing for anything next year no matter what. And it's not my fault sixers fans are misinformed and want to be mediocre forever. signing an amnestied player is the worst thing we could do its just unnecessary

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,299
    vCash
    3400
    if they rebuild properly it will be worth losing ticket sales for a year of two if a contender comes out of it

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,965
    vCash
    1500
    I find it funny that people would rather have there bust be a top 5 pick than later in the round as if it matters lol, i swear if you all format was the proper format the bobcats and kings and etc would all be on top of the league, wtf do you wanna do suck for 10 years hopping and praying you get the number one pick one year out of the 10 in a year where a durant or lebron comes out lol. Thats just pathetic, id rather stay under the cap but yet try to win by adding quality vets and drafting and developing young talent. Noway is losing the next ten years hoping to land a durant the answer! The sixers would end up leaving city.
    Last edited by EvanTurner; 04-17-2013 at 09:48 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,965
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    if they rebuild properly it will be worth losing ticket sales for a year of two if a contender comes out of it
    Easy for you to say because its not your millions being washed away!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,522
    vCash
    1500
    Please. As a Thunder fan you should understand that is the only way small market teams can compete. No Dwight Howard or Lebron James wants to come to philly. we gotta draft one. and wiggins and jabari parker have that potential so i think its worth it to tank atleast 1 season.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,025
    vCash
    1500
    the arena will be empty until they have an exciting young nucleus.... its not like people line up to see the mediocre 7-8 seed sixers.

    the only way for them to fix their attendance issues is to buid an exciting team that could eventually have the potential to contend.

    people showed up even when the sixers were average with AI in the mid 90s.... its not about contending, its about having something worth watching... which the sixers havent had in over 10 years now.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,025
    vCash
    1500
    on topic... no, id stay away from any move that isnt a long term solution... and pau def isnt a long-term solution.

    its better to have the draft pick than the power forward who will fuel us to the bottomless pit that is the bottom half of the eastern conference playoff seeding.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,025
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    I find it funny that people would rather have there bust be a top 5 pick than later in the round as if it matters lol, i swear if you all format was the proper format the bobcats and kings and etc would all be on top of the league, wtf do you wanna do suck for 10 years hopping and praying you get the number one pick one year out of the 10 in a year where a durant or lebron comes out lol. Thats just pathetic, id rather stay under the cap but yet try to win by adding quality vets and drafting and developing young talent. Noway is losing the next ten years hoping to land a durant the answer! The sixers would end up leaving city.
    you are aware that that "format" is the only way any championship team has ever been built right? yeah, the 04 pistons are ONE exception, but thats literally it.

    the kings and bobcats suck... no one has said its a 100% gonna work every time... but its a much higher success rate than any other method of action.... because every other course of action has NEVER worked.

    whatever, you just dont get it...

    bholly, can u find that awesome post u wrote to RP explaining this better?


    gotta pay the troll toll

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,299
    vCash
    3400
    the 2014 draft class is the reason its worth sucking again next year, 2015 could be strong as well. Should be able to get 1-2 all star players in those drafts and there are a lot of wings coming out next year

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,965
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    the arena will be empty until they have an exciting young nucleus.... its not like people line up to see the mediocre 7-8 seed sixers.

    the only way for them to fix their attendance issues is to buid an exciting team that could eventually have the potential to contend.

    people showed up even when the sixers were average with AI in the mid 90s.... its not about contending, its about having something worth watching... which the sixers havent had in over 10 years now.
    Sorry but every time we went to the playoffs recently the house was packed and rocking!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •