Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Are you kidding me?

Mike Vassallo ‏@MikeVassallo13
    The #Brewers have signed RHP Francisco Rodriguez to a minor-league contract. He will prepare in Maryvale. 30 days to assign him somewhere.
    He was available for a minor league contract? Didn't he say he wanted to come back here? Why weren't the Mets all over this? Our pen still ****ing blows.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 04-17-2013 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Mike Vassallo ‏@MikeVassallo13

He was available for a minor league contract? Didn't he say he wanted to come back here? Why weren't the Mets all over this? Our pen still sucking blows.
    Don't be so worked up over this season. It's a rebuild year. Our pen is going to stink. Our record will be mediocre. I'm fine with it, as long as we know we'll have our prospects (Wheeler and TDA) and money to spend in the offseason for 2014 and beyond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Don't be so worked up over this season. It's a rebuild year. Our pen is going to stink. Our record will be mediocre. I'm fine with it, as long as we know we'll have our prospects (Wheeler and TDA) and money to spend in the offseason for 2014 and beyond.
    I understand that it's a rebuild year, but why do we refuse to improve the team at all?

vCash
    I understand that it's a rebuild year, but why do we refuse to improve the team at all?
    I'm not saying not to improve the team, but I'm saying not to get too worked up on anything related to this season.

As long as we don't trade away our kids, AND as long as we don't miss opportunities to get LONG TERM assets, we'll be fine.

Though I can see why we could have re-signed K-Rod. If we had signed him, and if he pitched well, we could have traded him in July for future assets. Though we didn't get much for him when we traded him in 2011 to the Brewers so.......

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 6m
    K-Rod will get $2M plus in #brewers deal
    There's your reason, if he makes the major league roster, that they didn't sign him.

Aside from the K rate, K-Rod was nothing particularly special last year. A lot of relievers can pitch to a near 4 FIP.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-17-2013 at 07:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 6m

There's your reason if he makes the major league roster that they didn't sign him.

Aside from the K rate, K-Rod was nothing particularly special last year.
    Ah you beat me to it.

These are called split contracts. Player signs minor league deal but if/when he makes the 25-man roster he's not likely playing for MLB minimum. It would not surprise me if there were not incentives for games pitched. There's probably an opt out clause so he can be a FA if he's not on the 25-man by a certain date.

Last year he basically let a run score every other inning. No thx to KRod.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 04-17-2013 at 07:13 PM.

vCash
    $2M for a proven reliever/closer, but we give $6M and $3.5M to Francisco and Rauch? Sorry, I'm not buying it. That's a bargain for a reliever of his track record. He just had a down year in a tough hitter's park.

vCash
    $2M for a proven reliever/closer, but we give $6M and $3.5M to Francisco and Rauch? Sorry, I'm not buying it. That's a bargain for a reliever of his track record. He just had a down year in a tough hitter's park.
    Those guys were proven relievers.

How did those deals work out?

If he is such a bargain why did 29 other teams pass on him as well?

vCash
    K-Rod: career 2.70 ERA
    Francisco: career 3.92 ERA
    Rauch: career 3.82 ERA

Last year was his worst season, but in 2011 he was excellent. And don't use that why did 29 other teams pass on him BS argument.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 04-17-2013 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    K-Rod: career 2.70 ERA
    Francisco: career 3.92 ERA
    Rauch: career 3.82 ERA

Last year was his worst season, but in 2011 he was excellent. And don't use that why did 29 other teams passed on him BS argument.
    Why not? If he as good as you are making him out to be why did a team wait till the middle of April to sign him and then not even offer him a guaranteed contract?

Was there not another team that could use a reliever with his track record?

If the Mets were going to put 2 million or more into a relief pitcher they should have signed a guy like Uehara or Adams. Guys that have have been more dominant and are worthy of top shelf reliever money.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-17-2013 at 07:54 PM.

vCash
    Probably K-Rod's(Boras) demands were too high and no one was willing to meet them. Adams signed a 2/$12M contract.

vCash
    Do not want

vCash
    He still would of been an improvement over what we have now. Disgusted that we made no attempt to improve the team, and he even said he wanted to come back as Stuna pointed out.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Probably K-Rod's(Boras) demands were too high and no one was willing to meet them. Adams signed a 2/$12M contract.
    That was my point about more money..

Those are type of relievers i don't mind giving major money to because they have extended resumes of being quality relievers. 80% of relief pitchers as we know are completely erratic year to year.

vCash
    K-Rod has a great track record and was excellent before last year. For $2m, that's a bargain. His velocity is still good enough.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast