Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If the Lakers win it all this year, without kobe,does it taint his 6th ring?

Just wondering , & i know its a long shot , but if we were able to pull this off without mamba & he still gets his sixth ring riding to bench , would anyone ackowledge him as being equal to MJ ?
    Afterall he did have a great season & is one of the big reasons that were are even in the playoff conversation .
    I already consider him equal but im pretty sure alot of people would'nt , even mamba himself probably wouldnt even accept the ring , knowing that he didnt fully earn it himself.
    Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

vCash
    Considering the hate toward him, no, people will never count it as a 6th ring for him, haters already trying to erase the first 3 that he won with Shaq, saying Shaq did it all

vCash
    Laker fans are truly delusional...

The Lakers aren't even in the playoffs yet

talk about premature self abuse

SMFH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

SMFH
    lol and who the fu ck are you and why are you here in laksers's forum?

vCash
    considering that the Lakers haven't even made it in the playoffs yet... this is pretty ridicilous question... I am trying to go back, but I can not recall a single franchise that has won the NBA championship without having it's primary star player. So no Kobe, no championship this year.
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

vCash
    What's all this about rings and taints?

vCash
    We wouldn't have made the playoffs without him, so it wont taint it.
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Started from the bottom (30-42, June 1st)
    Now we're here! (92-70, End of Season)
    National League Division Series Champs

vCash
    someone asked this already in the nba forum.

vCash
    the only one who can decide this is Kobe himself and we all know he wont count it as a 6th ring for him, so he would want to win another even more

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Although it is pretty unlikely, he did carry the team for about 95% of the season so I don't think it would taint it. I mean labron won his 1st in a shortened season and no one really brings up the asterisk argument.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Big Moves03;25932777]Although it is pretty unlikely, he did carry the team for about 95% of the season so I don't think it would taint it. I mean labron won his 1st in a shortened season and no one really brings up the asterisk argument.[/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03:25932777
    Although it is pretty unlikely, he did carry the team for about 95% of the season so I don't think it would taint it. I mean labron won his 1st in a shortened season and no one really brings up the asterisk argument.
    I do

Besides wouldn't really matter what haters say.
    Its still a real ring, would still be considered a 6 time NBA champion in the record books.
    Say what you want but it wont just go away. I talk **** about Brons 1 little ring but the fact is he still has it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearljammer II View Post
    considering that the Lakers haven't even made it in the playoffs yet... this is pretty ridicilous question... I am trying to go back, but I can not recall a single franchise that has won the NBA championship without having it's primary star player. So no Kobe, no championship this year.
    Do you have to be ignorant about it? He already acknowledged the fact that it's probably not gonna happen, but he was just asking a "what if" question, so it's all speculation. Either answer the question or just don't post at all. Obviously the Lakers won't make a run in the playoffs, forget winning the Finals without their best player in the Legend Kobe, but it doesn't hurt to give a thought about it......As for my thought on this topic, I agree with championships. Technically, it's his sixth ring, and even if he didn't perform at all in the playoffs, he led this team from the graveyard of teams to playoff contenders almost all the way to the end of the regular season (minus two games) so Kobe may feel like he didn't "fully earned" the ring, but it is in the records book and people can't eliminate that fact....If, after that kind of scenario, he comes back the next season with the Lakers and "earns" his 7th ring in the next NBA Finals, then that 7th ring of his would feel like his 8th and his actual 6th ring would probably feel like a "giveaway"... but this is just my "what if" speculation about it.....
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 04-16-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Win without Kobe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

SMFH
    just what I was thinking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast